Become a Patron!

Smoant Charon T50 Review By Ben28

Smoant Charon T50
intro.jpg
Smoant has brought a new pod to the market after its success with the Knight Q. In this case it is the Charon T50, a POD type device with a maximum power of 50W, a 1500mAh battery and coils that provide impressive flavor. In this review we will see in detail its packaging, aesthetics, functions and vaping in general. Let's make way and begin.

I would like to thank Chloe for making this review possible. I recommend you visit the official Smoant website and look at the information they provide about the Charon T50.

Disclaimer;
Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Combo.jpg

Features
  • 1. Compatible with S Series Coils​
  • 2. 4ml capacity, easy side filling system​
  • 3. Built-in 1500mAh battery with 50W max​
  • 4. Designed with VW/DVW vaping modes​
  • 5. 0.96″ TFT screen to show vaping info​
  • 6. 3 levels to adjust the air channel​
  • 7. Intelligent ANT chipset to optimal your output​
  • 8. Multiple protections for reliable use​
  • 9. Ergonomic grip and portable carry​
Brand
Product Name
Charon T50 Pod Mod Kit
Battery Capacity
Built-in 1500mAh battery
Output Power
1-50W
Charging
5V/2A Type-C charging
Voltage
3.4V-4.2V
Output Mode
VW, DVW(best 0.3-3.0Ω)
Screen
0.96'' TFT screen
Capacity
4ml
Filling
Side filling
Fit For
S Series Coil
Material
Zinc alloy+PCTG
Product Size
109*26.7*26.7mm
Color
Midnight Black, Gunmetal, Mist Blue, Light Blue, Pink

Packaging

ReLens_IMG_20240215233015.JPEG

The device comes in a white box with a color gradient according to the device, as is typical for Smoant. At the top we find the model in question. In the center, very large, an image of the device that also matches the color, that is, there is individual packaging for each selectable color of the product. At the bottom left we see that it is compatible with S-Coils and at the bottom right the brand of the product itself.

I quite like the presentation that Smoant usually offers, because the truth is very clear and beautiful, simple and to the point.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233034.JPEG

In the back area we found the usual stuff. Some main features, the contents of the box itself, contact addresses, warnings about vaping, a barcode and a scratch code to verify that the product is original. Also in this area the color gradient is maintained, being blue at the top and fading towards white.

In the box;
1* Charon T50 Device
1* Type-C Cable
1* Charon T50 Cartridge
1* S-2 0.6Ω Coil
1* S-1 O.4Ω Coil
1* User Manual

ReLens_IMG_20240215233057.JPEG

When we open the box we find the device nested in a custom-made pad in addition to a rectangular box that includes the other coil and a Type-C cable.

The instruction manual is included in the envelope. Little more can be said about this specifically.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233126.JPEG

If we take everything out and sort it, we are left with the product and the cartridge, the spare coil and the Type-C cable. As is usually the case with Smoant, this one is personalized, as it has its own logo as well as a cable covered in red and white rubber at the ends. It's a pretty lovely detail.

Device Inspection

ReLens_IMG_20240215233137.JPEG

The device in question has a square shape with rounded and elongated edges. It's a pretty crude device really. It is not thin at all, it is practically like a square that has been lengthened to accommodate the battery and cartridge. Even so, the aesthetics are quite good.

In the front area we find a black area in which, if the screen is not on, we will practically not even distinguish it. In the upper central area we also find a square button, with rounded edges that will be the fire button. Below we find a rectangular button that will be used to move through the menu and lower/raise the watts.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233147.JPEG

The screen in question is this one, it is 0.96´´ large enough to be able to observe the information it provides us. In addition, the brightness is quite powerful and, be careful, it is not adjustable.

At the top we find ``Smoant'' written in addition to a battery indicator surrounded by some geometric decoration. In the center we find what looks like a kind of sound equalizer, it is simply decoration. The vaping mode is set to DWV right now. We will talk about these ways later. In the central area, in this mode, it shows a type of graph that will help us configure the device, it will change the wattage in a certain time, according to what we want. In VW mode we will simply find the watts at which we are vaping in large.

Below we find a puff timer and a puff counter. In addition, we can see an Ω and voltage indicator.

Let's now talk about the modes or customization of the device.

- If we press 3 times we will enter the configuration menu. From here, by moving with the up and down buttons we can change the color of the UI and the vaping mode.

There are 2 vaping modes

VW, it is the classic mode, we choose a value in Watts and we start vaping.
DWV, in this mode we can make the wattage go up or down every ``x'' seconds. Being able to make it start at high watts and gradually decrease or vice versa.

In DWV mode, using the fire button and the up/down button we will be able to configure it. Giving us the option to configure 5 stages. These will reach a maximum of 50W and 2 seconds each.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233201.JPEG

On one of the sides we find the adjustable air inlet. We can move this with our finger to obtain a vape that adjusts to our preferences, from DL to MTL if we want, although it is not a device for that. The regulation filters very well, making it almost impossible to take a puff with it closed to the maximum so we must use it with caution. It won't move like that just because, that is, we won't have problems with it changing position at the slightest touch.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233222.JPEG

On the other side we will simply have the possibility to check the amount of liquid remaining. But... we have a problem, the pod is very, very dark, which makes it too difficult to see clearly, so, this will be a clear con on my list. And yes, I got a dry hit trying it because of this.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233258.JPEG

Liquid refilling is done through one of the sides. We will simply have to open the silicone tab and fill with 4mL of our preferred liquid. It can be filled perfectly to the top without spitback or anything like that.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233242.JPEG

The POD-Battery connection is very simple, as almost always in this style of devices, it is achieved using magnets. In this case they have a slight play if done on purpose but, on a day-to-day basis, using it normally, you will not find any problems.

ReLens_IMG_20240215233325.JPEG

Below we find the charging port. I admit that I have never been nor am I a fan of the charging ports on the bottom of the device. I don't like the cartridge full of liquid to be lying down so it requires me to remove it every time I have to charge it. They could have put it in the front or back area, as there is enough space.

Vaping Time

I will start by giving my conclusions about the 0.6Ω coil. This is a moderately powerful coil, as it supports between 18-25W. They have nailed it in flavor, it produces an exceptional flavor and an incredible vapor. From this device, I can admit with certainty that this would be my ideal coil.

As for the 0.4Ω coil, this is somewhat more powerful as it supports between 30-35W. With this the flavor is enhanced somewhat but I have nothing to say about the steam, it increases a lot. Still, I'll stick with the other one.

As for the battery, the device has a 1500mAh battery which will give us good vaping time. It manages the battery quite well so you shouldn't worry.

The feeling in hand is somewhat strange, it is a very square and quite large device, which makes the feeling in hand strange.

The topic of vaping modes is quite innovative, I had never seen it before in Smoant products, anyway, if you buy it you will probably forget about it and use the classic one.

Pros And Cons

ProsCons
Exceptional FlavourExtremely Tinted Cartridge
Large Range Of CoilsStrange Feeling In Hand
Two Modes Of Vaping
Innovative
Good Airflow Regulation

Conclusion

I can't say that it is a bad device, because it is not as such, but I think that on the market there are dozens of others better than this one in terms of aesthetics and operation.

They have innovated with the DWV mode, yes, but I don't see it as enough to buy the product for that reason.

In conclusion, at the end of the day the decision lies in your hands. Compare it with other devices and decide whether to buy or not buy this one. I offer my opinion with all my respect.

VU Sponsors