Become a Patron!

Smok Alien TC and questions about changing the ohms.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
T2f18GQ
T2f18GQ

The picture has the mod set at 600 degrees Fahrenheit

upload_2018-12-19_23-41-42.png

ckashif

Member For 1 Year
I was just displaying that it does go to 470F as I stated, not sure why you posted that pic 4140sick

Last edited:

ckashif

Member For 1 Year
If I use my Alien for TC with the same tank and coil, 320°F will produce the same result. It just will not produce vapor.

Edit: I used the Alien just to prove it will not produce vapor at 320°F and it goes into Temperature protect just like I said.

Probably initial ohm, try increasing the initial ohm. I need more information to give you proper feedback. Are you using 4.0 coil or 1.5? Raise your initial ohm setting to a high value and decrease the value on your TC-SS setting. Let me know. Mine works fine. o_O

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably initial ohm, try increasing the initial ohm. I need more information to give you proper feedback. Are you using 4.0 coil or 1.5? Raise your initial ohm setting to a high value and decrease the value on your TC-SS setting. Let me know. Mine works fine. o_O

Wow you sure are clueless. I set my Alien like you said to prove it will not fire or produce Vapor at 320°F to again prove you wrong.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im clueless but you cant figure out how to use TC mode? lol

I use TC Mode constantly but you are just full of crap with your supposed settings. I proved that by recreating it on one of my Aliens. I get a month or more out of TC coils using it correctly at 460-480°F. If you are supposedly vaping in TC at 320°F how come your MOD is set for 600°F? Yeah, you know what you are doing...............

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still surprised anyone's getting anything resembling temp control from an alien. lmao. I like the form factor, batteries easy enough to swap, does ok in wattage. Temp control is worse than an old lady driving to church who thinks the gas pedal and brake pedal are meant to be used in one fashion. Foot flat to the floor. It's either balls ass hot or cuts power off completely, loses its train of thought then realizes oh yea, put some power to it. All 220w.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still surprised anyone's getting anything resembling temp control from an alien. lmao.

TC works great on my Aliens as long as you set it properly. 320°F is ridiculous on any MOD I use for TC. When I started using my Aster it defaults to 100W in TC so that I had to be at 360° until I RTFM and adjusted the wattage in TC to what the coils I am using could handle. Now set up properly I am at 460-480°F

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC works great on my Aliens as long as you set it properly. 320°F is ridiculous on any MOD I use for TC. When I started using my Aster it defaults to 100W in TC so that I had to be at 360° until I RTFM and adjusted the wattage in TC to what the coils I am using could handle. Now set up properly I am at 460-480°F
I don't care for the heat that high. If the tc were functioning properly it wouldn't matter much if it's at 65w or 100w for 340F (closer to where I prefer it). It just can't handle it, even with tcr set. It's either full heat/power and burns the fuck out of my mouth or it's so piss cold hardly any vapor happens. My istick tc100w did a much better job even without arctic fox on it and my revenger does a good job of regulating temp. There's no pulsing or surging on the revenger, only slight pulsing on the istick. The alien had 2 functions in tc, burning hot or nothing and alternated between the two. Like trying to create a soft light with a rheostat but instead flipping the switch on and off with a 150w bulb. It lacked the capability of maintaining a pleasant happy medium.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't care for the heat that high. If the tc were functioning properly it wouldn't matter much if it's at 65w or 100w for 340F (closer to where I prefer it). It just can't handle it, even with tcr set. It's either full heat/power and burns the fuck out of my mouth or it's so piss cold hardly any vapor happens. My istick tc100w did a much better job even without arctic fox on it and my revenger does a good job of regulating temp. There's no pulsing or surging on the revenger, only slight pulsing on the istick. The alien had 2 functions in tc, burning hot or nothing and alternated between the two. Like trying to create a soft light with a rheostat but instead flipping the switch on and off with a 150w bulb. It lacked the capability of maintaining a pleasant happy medium.

I don't have that problem when I use my Aliens in TC. It works like it is supposed to work same vape as my RX200S with the same settings. Doesn't matter what tank I use for TC.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have that problem when I use my Aliens in TC. It works like it is supposed to work same vape as my RX200S with the same settings. Doesn't matter what tank I use for TC.
Maybe you got lucky and got a decent one. Smok mods around that era don't have the best reputation for working tc. Supposedly they've improved with their more recent mods but it's still not wonderful according to reviewers who've used them. I do like tc when it functions properly, the only real reason I moved away from smok mods. That's why I'm thrilled with the revenger, it's only a mm or two taller but otherwise nearly identical in size, very similar shape and actually does what it says it does. I feel like it's what the alien was supposed to be.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My $ .02 ....Took my Alien out to refresh my memory. I vape on the cool side and use TC...My starting point is 235 degrees Celsius and use SS316L exclusively . Ohm readings will change w/ ss depending on how wet the coil is. make sure the TCR is set to .000092 for 316L. The wattage will be the initial hit and drop according to temp setting. If the initial hit is too hot drop wattage. adjust temp to your liking....YMMV

Last edited:

VU Sponsors