Become a Patron!

SMOK Baby Prince leaking issues

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
I've had the Baby Prince for a few weeks now, no matter which kind of coil I use (either SMOK or Vaporesso NRG coils) it leaks awfully. I close the vents when I refill, remove the tank when I charge so the liquid doesn't get too hot and leak but no matter what I do it leaks so badly.

I've tried wiping all over the o rings before I change the coil so everything is nice and air tight but I get to much liquid coming out of the vents especially now I have the bubble tank on it. I've tried upping the wattage, I'm using a high VG (80%) liquid and nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else experienced this and how can I stop it?! I love the tank but the leaking has me reaching for me Riptide instead because I never have issues with that.

I'm pretty new to vaping so I hope what I say qualifies.

I tried what you tried. I read, read, read on what to do. Even new o'rings and glass. After all that I could still fill it, walk away for 30 minutes and half the liquid would be gone... well not gone but no longer in the tank.

Gave it to my brother who says it's leak free. He said it's all about cinching it not too tight and not too loose. I don't miss it.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had airflow leak problems with every smok tank i used. Until I got the X-baby. It has top airflow. Haven't had a drop of leakage in 2+ months usage

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
If it leaks through the air flow, fill your tank, but don't fill it above the coil, where it screws to your chimney.
If it stops leaking it's a problem with the connection of the coil to the chimney.
If it still leaks, it's a problem with the connection of the coil to the base. :)

If you do this test, make sure to not tilt your mod so definitely no liquid can reach the connection from coil to chimney.

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
Thank you! From that I can say it must be the connection of the coil to the base as even when it hasn't got a lot of juice in/the coil isn't totally covered it still leaks. I might try changing the seals as well and have a look at it tonight. It seems to get worse when the coil is old too.

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
If it leaks through the air flow, fill your tank, but don't fill it above the coil, where it screws to your chimney.
If it stops leaking it's a problem with the connection of the coil to the chimney.
If it still leaks, it's a problem with the connection of the coil to the base. :)

If you do this test, make sure to not tilt your mod so definitely no liquid can reach the connection from coil to chimney.
I tried this last night and AMAZINGLY I finally have a solution - I used pliers to screw the coil into the base of the tank as it seems to want to connect to the chimney more. Left it with a full tank overnight, vents open and this morning...no leaks!

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Awesome :D
You shouldn't have to use pliers though, but at least you got it leak free and know the problem!

Check your seals. We have had a few tanks at work just syphon out through the airflow no matter how tight or loose the coils are installed or how much juice is in the tank whether it's hot cold, whatever the senario. Once we change the o-rings (tank top and bottom) problem solved. It seams that the facory o-rings are a bit rough and have some over hang and moulding ridges that are causing a poor seal.

stephanievapes

Member For 1 Year
Check your seals. We have had a few tanks at work just syphon out through the airflow no matter how tight or loose the coils are installed or how much juice is in the tank whether it's hot cold, whatever the senario. Once we change the o-rings (tank top and bottom) problem solved. It seams that the facory o-rings are a bit rough and have some over hang and moulding ridges that are causing a poor seal.

They seem to look OK but I've not tried this bit yet - it's leaking (again) now no matter what I do with the coil so I think this will be the last ditch attempt before I just get a new tank!

VU Sponsors