Become a Patron!

Smok E priv button issue

Hi
So I have been using smok's e priv for some time. Now, the 'negative' button is permanently pressed and the voltage keeps dropping. I have tried to clean it and get it unpressed but it does not work. Is there some kind of way to disable that button altogether because all basic functions can be performed by the other buttons albeit in a longer way. Maybe someway to edit its program or something?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
So I have been using smok's e priv for some time. Now, the 'negative' button is permanently pressed and the voltage keeps dropping. I have tried to clean it and get it unpressed but it does not work. Is there some kind of way to disable that button altogether because all basic functions can be performed by the other buttons albeit in a longer way. Maybe someway to edit its program or something?
The firmware would have to be edited directly to do that. I would forget about that.

I have several Smok mods, but no E-priv. I've also fixed several mods with various problems, but certainly don't know everything :D

I'm pretty sure if I had it in my hand I could fix it, but it's tough to do this kinda stuff over the internet.

However, apparently this guy had a similar issue and was able to fix it. If you're good at this kinda stuff, give it a whirl. I haven't seen the video, but I'll take a look when I can. Regulated mods are pretty simple overall. It can't be that much different than most other mods.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you saying that yours is physically stuck? Or that it clicks, but doesn't work? This guy here created a makeshift ground path it looks like lol. If it's at that level, get a new mod. Unless you have the equipment and skills and just really love fixing stuff.

Last edited:
The firmware would have to be edited directly to do that. I would forget about that.

I have several Smok mods, but no E-priv. I've also fixed several mods with various problems, but certainly don't know everything :D

I'm pretty sure if I had it in my hand I could fix it, but it's tough to do this kinda stuff over the internet.

However, apparently this guy had a similar issue and was able to fix it. If you're good at this kinda stuff, give it a whirl. I haven't seen the video, but I'll take a look when I can. Regulated mods are pretty simple overall. It can't be that much different than most other mods.

Yeah I did find this video. Will give this a try but like as a last resort. I would prefer finding a software solution rather than going in and disabling the button this way.

And then, ... buy another mod to backup your backup. *looks around at nine mods out on hand and thinks there's another six or eight put up*
I do have other mods but this one was my first so I guess emotional attachment. Plus I like tinkering with this kind of stuff. Never tried on a vape before so why not.

Are you saying that yours is physically stuck? Or that it clicks, but doesn't work? This guy here created a makeshift ground path it looks like lol. If it's at that level, get a new mod. Unless you have the equipment and skills and just really love fixing stuff.
No its physically stuck. So as soon as I turn it on, the voltage starts dropping and keeps dropping (240 v after 0 v). I like fixing stuff so yeah.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No its physically stuck.
That's not going to be a software solution friend. You need to get it apart and see what's making the button stick. The video I posted is pretty advanced and isn't dealing with a stuck button. It's dealing with a broken circuit and overcoming that with some well done micro soldering.

Using his instructions to get it apart and back together will be helpful though.

VU Sponsors