Smok G150 Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
e1882c60294243608c8e7504ffccff16.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Smok specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Really liking the look of this mod. Kind of looks like a flask with a slight bend to it instead of the pronounced curve. It's small for a 150 watt mod but it's got some heft to it. I like the two toned black and silver look. Lift the tab and we have the usual accessories with a Big Baby Beast tank. I have several Baby Beast tanks but this is my first Big Baby Beast. Glad they included the SS tank because this will match up very nicely.

What's In The Box:

* One SMOK G150 Box Mod
* One SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Beast Sub-Ohm Tank
* One V8 Baby Q2 0.4 ohm coil
* One V8 Baby M2 0.15 ohm coil
* Spare Glass Segment
* Micro USB Charging and Upgrade Cable
* User Manual
* Spare o'rings and gasket
* 2 Smok vape bands
92f401d8570afeb3d231f96d2d4b632f.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

The top of the mod is oval shaped with a slight bend in it. It almost looks like a big kidney bean from the top view. The 510 is typical Smok. Firm yet springy with a good throw to it. The pin is gold plated and all of my atomizers sit flush. It will accommodate up to 25 mm with no overhang.
727ec0a87d1e987eb00b5b249085154d.jpg

On one of the narrow sides of the mod sitting right below the 510 there is a fire button. The fire button is squarish in shape and it has a curve to it that flows nice with the lines of the mod. It is kind of small but at the same time it is comfortable to fire with your finger or thumb. For the screen to face outward while firing if you are a righty you have to finger fire it. Thumb fire it with your right hand and the screen will face inward toward your palm.
7e1d43b434ed6bed12cb87ff0daa225e.jpg

The screen is your typical Alien screen that we have all come to know and love from Smok. it’s actually the same exact screen as the Smok AL85 Baby Alien. The screen displays your wattage, mode, temperature, battery life, voltage, ohms, amps, board temperature, puffs, and puff duration. Everything a conscientious vaper needs to know. The screen itself is bright and clear but the fonts are very small.
02fb520f5da50fcb414d6872766d206b.jpg

Below the screen you have the plus/minus buttons that can be used to navigate the menu system as well as adjusting your temperature and wattage. They are rocker style buttons with a raised BB style feel to them. They are clicky and responsive. They also scroll through the wattage or temperature very fast. Below the rocker style button is the update/charge port. The port is horizontally mounted. Below the port is some Smok branding that is subtle and well done.
9733bcf0881b896234b95f7d20453fd8.jpg

On the bottom side of the mod we have some venting on both sides of the bottom plate. There is also some G150 branding present as well. This mod has a 4200 mAh built battery. Battery life is just fantastic. At 85 watts I get pretty much the whole day out of it. There is a quick drop off once the battery meter hits the halfway point so it seems like the battery meter is not as accurate as it could be. Hopefully this gets addressed with an update. The G150 does take quite a bit of time to charge from empty to full but at the same time it does take quite a while to discharge as well. 2 amp charging would have definitely been a welcome addition.
35b49993ee6eee300e0b5696dd6f8fe5.jpg

The Tank:
3b907a5959c93da5e95f6307e2a6f49a.jpg

Excited about this one because I never had a Big Baby Beast. I always like my Baby Beast tanks but I felt they were just too small capacity wise for my style of vaping. It has a nice wide bore delrin drip tip that is quite comfortable and tall. This is my kind of drip tip and a welcome change from all the short drip tips most manufacturers have been including.

Of course the top cap is the swing out style that Smok has made famous. Push down and swing out and you are ready to fill. Once the top cap is opened there is a kidney shaped fill port covered with a white gasket. I really wish the fill hole was bigger. You will have no problem with needle nose type of juice bottles but the bull nose type can get messy.
ffece587cd06aa1299685699b36fd1eb.jpg

This tank has a short chimney that screws directly onto the coil head. Of course owning this tank grants the user access the Big Baby Beast family of coils. I know there is an RBA base available however it is not included in the kit and that is going to be a con.

The base has a nice thick o'ring that secures the glass. There is dual adjustable airflow control. Airflow is smooth but it is strictly a DL vape. There is no way to MTL this tank even on its lowest setting. Threading on the 510 is nice and smooth and the pin is not adjustable.
0eeb23ce8555fc49b93e745888c7012f.jpg

The Coils

The .4 ohm Q2 coil head is a single parallel coil good for 40-80 watts. The recommended range is from 66-65 watts. Nice flavorful coil with really nice clouds. This coil definitely falls into my range. I like the way it vapes and the flavor is excellent.

The .15 ohm coil is definitely a cloudier vape. I like to run it at about 75 watts and the flavor and clouds are just fantastic. Definitely my favorite coil out of the two.

There is an RBA head available as a separate purchase. It is a two post velocity style deck but unfortunately I can not comment on the performance because it is not included in the kit.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

I like the look and feel. It almost feels like a quasi flask mod. It almost has the flask shape but it's just not quite there. I definitely would have preferred more of a bend in the mod in order to achieve a more traditional flask type feel. Paint is not the greatest on this mod. I have been babying it for a about two weeks and even with the extreme care I have used with this mod it has picked up some atty rash as well as a few little scratches and scuffs even though it was never dropped. It's a good mod to take on the go with a full charge and it is very pocketable. For its size it has a ton of power when you compare it to other mods in its size category.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Board:

The G150 has the very popular Alien chipset in it. In power mode it vapes great, TC is another story. I am really disappointed in the TC vape this mod provides. It is barely passable as a TC device. I really do hope Smok fixes this with an update as they are known as a company that does frequent updates. Right now, sadly the TC is just not up to par and unfortunately I can only review what they put in front of me and not what a possible future update may bring. This did surprise me because while Smok is really not known for its “TC” board it has always been decent. Smok needs to take a look at their TC game and step up to the plate.

The Menu System:

The G150 menu system will be very familiar to you if you own a Smok mod.

* 5 clicks turns it on
* Once it is on, 5 clicks locks it, 5 clicks unlocks it
* 3 Clicks gets you into the menu system
* In the menu system a long click makes your selection or you can use the +/- buttons
* Menu settings include Mode, Puffs, Settings, and Power

Once in the mode setting you can select the type of wire you want, the wattage, and the TCR. The puffs setting allows you to keep track of the puffs you take and even set a limit for yourself. The settings mode lets you adjust the screen time, screen lock, contrast, and adjust your ohms if need be. The Power setting lets the vaper shut the mod off.

How Does It Vape:

Overall the G150 provides a very satisfying vape in power mode. TC mode leaves a lot to be desired if you are a TC vaper this may not be the mod for you. If you are a power mode than this really is not an issue. In power mode it feels accurate at all of the different wattages I tried. I have vaped this mod as low as 40 watts and as high as 125 watts. It feels accurate in all of those scenarios.

While the mod is very nice and comfortable to hold the tank provided in this is what makes this kit. Right now I’m running the .15 ohm coil in the Big Baby Beast. I'm running it at 75 watts with some Blue Raspberry juice. I get thick, lush, wet, flavorful clouds. A very nice vape indeed.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for a small high wattage mod with great battery life than the G150 may be for you. To put it in perspective it is just a little bigger than my Pico 25 and Baby Alien yet it has almost double the wattage. Pretty impressive. As far as the shape goes it's very comfortable but unlike a traditional flask it's almost feels like this mod was specifically built for leftys. If you're a righty which most of the world is, if you thumb fire it the screen is facing your palm. So I just don’t understand why Smok didn’t put the fire button on the other side of the mod.

All that being said this is very complete, competent, all around kit. You also get an absolutely killer tank with it as well. You could make a legitimate argument that this kit will appeal to a very wide range of vapers. While this kit is very similar to the Baby Alien kit there are some significant differences. You get a better tank, almost double the wattage and an internal battery in a mod that is not that much bigger. Well done Smok.

Pros & Cons:

- Pros:

* Complete kit
* 4200 mAh built in battery
* Nice 510
* Look
* Feel
* Screen
* Alien chipset
* Firmware upgradeable
* Very pocketable
* Legendary tank included
* Top fill tank
* Great coil selection
* Easy familiar menu system

- Cons:

* Small fire button
* Takes a while to charge
* No RBA for tank
* Paint

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

- Mod Specs:

* 6 to 150W Wattage Output
* 0.1 to 3.00 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
* Temperature Control Suite
- Ni200 Nickel Support
- Titanium Support
- Stainless Steel Support
* Adjustable Initial Resistance
200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit Output Range
* 0.06 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
* Extra Large OLED Screen
* Four Row and Three Column Display
- Incredible Data Feedback for Size
- Output Wattage or Temperature
- Output Voltage
- Output Timer
- Mode and Heating Element
- Battery Life Indicator
- PCB Temperature
- Puff Counter
- Atomizer Resistance
- Amperage Output
* Built In 4200 mAh Battery
* 1A Micro USB Charge Port
* Ergonomic Flask Shaped Chassis
* Comfortable and Compact
* Side Mounted Firing Button
* Face Mounted Adjustment Buttons
* 49mm by 29mm by 75mm

TFV8 Big Baby Beast Specs:

* 24.5mm Diameter
* Hinge and Lock Top Fill System
Swivels Open and Shut
- Fill Port
- 5.0ml Max Capacity
* SMOKtech Baby Turbo Coil Family
* V8 Baby Q2 Coil Head
0.4 ohm
- Single Parallel Coil
- 40 to 80W
- 55 to 65W Recommended
- Organic Cotton
* V8 Baby M2 Coil Head
- 0.15 ohm
- Single Parallel Coil
- 3.7V Direct Output
- Organic Cotton
* Dual Adjustable 16mm by 2mm Air Slots
* 14mm Delrin Drip Tip
* Stainless Steel and Glass Construction

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

For more information about Smok products please visit:
http://www.smoktech.com/kit/g150

Last edited:

VU Sponsors