Become a Patron!

Smok SCAR-P5 advice

I have a Smok SCAR-P5 and it has been nothing but trouble from the start. After just one day of use I started getting a constant "atomizer error" message and had to RMA it. Once I had it replaced I only used it for about a week then quit using it because it leaks so much. I researched it as much as possible and tried every trick I read about stopping or preventing leaks. But none of it seemed to help.

So I went back to my old box mod and bought an Aspire Nautilus XS tank which I love. It's top airflow so there are no leaks and it's low wattage so it doesn't burn through e-liquid and batteries so fast. The thing is, I like the SCAR-P5 as far as how it feels in my hand and the function of the controls. So I was wondering if it would be possible to modify it, or one of the pods, to accept a 510 tank. I ended up with a couple of extra pods from the RMA so I could experiment with one. Has anyone tried anything like this before?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do not own the device in question &, I'm only looking at images from the Smoktech site. That noted from what I can see, not sure it would accept any old 510. It seems the device is made proprietary, in that it is designed for a specific coil assembly.

Here, let me define terminology I use with a few pictures. When I write/say coil assembly, here's about what I mean.

Vaporesso_cCell_GD_Ceramic_Coils.jpg
IClear-30-coil.jpg

New vapers likely will simply call these coils. When I think of a coil I mean something like below.

d5b8ec47ef008774121d56127c396852.jpg
basic-vaping-coil.jpg

That out the way, this device seems to fit only its own specified coil assemblies. Granted no, I haven't attempted trying a 510 in the device. I honestly do not know with any certainty a 510 will or won't fit. From what I see though it doesn't seem that one would.

I'm sure others may be further help so I will close there. Excuse me.

No 510 adapter for this unit as far as I know.
Maybe check the shape with similar Smok units. You might be able to 'mod' a similar 510 adapter to fit.(RPM80 maybe)?

One of my first mods was a Smok, 5 years ago. I don't buy Smok anymore.

No 510 adapter for this unit as far as I know.
Maybe check the shape with similar Smok units. You might be able to 'mod' a similar 510 adapter to fit.(RPM80 maybe)?

One of my first mods was a Smok, 5 years ago. I don't buy Smok anymore.
Yeah, I was in a rush and didn't notice that the SCAR-P5 was made by Smok when I bought it until it was too late. A few years ago I went into a local shop looking for a new tank and I told them I'd like one that doesn't leak very much. At the time I had never heard of tanks with top airflow. The guy suggested a Smok tank. I don't remember the model but it was a really large red tank. He told me he hadn't heard any complaints about it leaking. Well, I got in my car and filled it with juice and put it in my cup holder which I keep a little piece of foam on the inside so my e-cig sits up straight.

I let it sit for 15 minutes and when I picked it up to try it my hand was covered with juice and at least half of what I put in had leaked out. I kept trying to use it for a few days and the juice just kept pouring out of it. I looked on Youtube and found about 15 videos of people complaining about the leaks. So I took it back to the shop and explained what was happening. The first thing they told me was to not believe anything I see on Youtube. Then they said I must be using generic atomizers. When I pointed out that I was using the atomizers THEY sold me they said that sometimes people label the generics to look like the name brand.

They took the whole thing apart and reassembled it with fresh juice. While in the shop it appeared to be fine. But within 30 minutes juice began pouring out of the airflow. I swore at that point to never buy Smok products or to go into that shop again.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The first thing they told me was to not believe anything I see on Youtube. Then they said I must be using generic atomizers. When I pointed out that I was using the atomizers THEY sold me they said that sometimes people label the generics to look like the name brand.

Well first, can agree somewhat with not believing anything on Youtube or the Internet/Web in general. Yes, always try to do due diligence and check facts. This is simply good common sense advice, eh, within reason.

Secondly, yes shady characters exist that fraud genuine gear. Being a shop or vendor the onus is on them to ensure genuine gear. That aside there is a quasi-legal market of "styled" or 1:1" knock off gear.

It is gear you buy knowing it is not fully genuine. You might buy it to "sample" a "similar" experience of what that particular kind of gear will do without shelling out big $. You might also buy it because you don't have big $ for vaping to invest.

So yes, can agree do your diligence when shopping. Understand though a shop or place advertising genuine gear, has the onus to ensure it is genuine gear. Also be aware there's a middle ground gray/grey/gr eh area of gear.

VU Sponsors