Become a Patron!

Smok stick V8 w/ BBB need recommendations pls

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
hi,
I'm new here and to vaping, been 11 days no stinky sticks But I found I on the first day that I can't stand the fruity or dessert juices, I did my own research and went with Black Note and I am in love! I can't believe it took me this long to get here, vaping N.E.T.'s is so much better than smoking analogs.
So my first set up, a gift from my daughter, is the Smok Stick V8 with the Big Baby Beast and I Love the way it hits and tastes.
But I'm on the search for another mod. I have two tanks but only one battery. I was just going to order another starter kit of the same set up I have but I actually would like something smaller.
Can anyone give me any direction on a Vape mod that is pen style, internal battery, long battery life, that will work with my Big baby tanks. Or does anyone know of a tank that hits just as hard as the big baby and has just as much, if not more, flavor than my current set up.
My main goals are small, powerful and geared toward throat hit and flavor. I am not a cloud chaser.
Thank you to all that can make some recommendations.
I have been looking at the Halo Triton II, but not sure it can compare to the Smok Stick.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU....:wave:

I haven't been keeping up to date on new mods and vaporizers, sorry.

Someone will chime in and help you....:vino:

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Thank you both for chiming in with some help. @kevinjp, I don't know much about mods and coils yet, but for some reason I thought I HAD to use the coils that are specifically made for the Smok stick mod? Just new to this and don't want it to, you know, catch on fire:bomb:
FlavorMaven

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May I suggest you consider other internal battery devices besides pens? You will have a lot more options. Go to any online retailer and look for the starter kit section. I'm sure you will find something that will meet your needs. I personally have 2 of the Eleaf Ipower 80 mods that would work great with the BBB tank. Another tank you might look at is the Smok Baby Beast, or the Tobeco Supertank Mini. Both are good performers with a ton of coil options at a reasonable price. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
@ChrisL. I might take a look, but I really don't want to move up to a box mod. I also am just not ready for anything like different wattage and TC, or even thinking about building my own coils:gaah:
I guess at this stage I'm just lazy. Just want to fill my tank with whatever my olfactory glands want, push a button and smile with satisfaction

iwarzon

Member For 3 Years
You can get a Aspire CF MOD it's a mech mod style thats super light and no frills internal battery get them on the bay for ruffly 16.00 shipped

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
You can get a Aspire CF MOD it's a mech mod style thats super light and no frills internal battery get them on the bay for ruffly 16.00 shipped
I'm don't really know what a mech mod is:question: but I might look into it. But once I find something I like, I usually stick with it. So I just picked out 3 new Smok pen styles and different colors and guess I will be happy with those until Christmas.
I should read up on mech mods.
Thanks!

kevinjp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm don't really know what a mech mod is:question: but I might look into it. But once I find something I like, I usually stick with it. So I just picked out 3 new Smok pen styles and different colors and guess I will be happy with those until Christmas.
I should read up on mech mods.
Thanks!
I would NOT recommend a Mech Mod until you know a lot more. I wont touch em even after a year of vaping.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well he said "styled", so maybe it resembles the SMOK Stick in that its just an atty on a tube battery. Pretty sure that's what he's describing..

Only thing I can think of is the smaller SMOK 22 stick. Uses the same coils as the BBB, but in a Baby Beast tank on a slightly smaller battery. I haven't compared them side-by-side, so I can only say it should provide nearly the exact same vape as what you have now, in a slightly smaller package.

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
@kevinjp, I agree, I'm not gonna move to a mech mod. But as Gakudza stated, it is just a tube battery.
@Gakudza I was looking at the 22. I think I'm going with that one and another V8 stick. I think those should last me until I'm ready(if I ever am) to move to a box mod. But I really just like the simplicity of one button and done right now,
Thanks guys,
Flave

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see others talking about different coils but keep in mind the Smok M series of coils are lower power coils a high power coil may not heat up enough and drain the battery trying. gakudzu has the right idea with the 22. But the tank that comes with it is different than the Baby and uses different coils. https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SM-VPE20

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see others talking about different coils but keep in mind the Smok M series of coils are lower power coils a high power coil may not heat up enough and drain the battery trying. gakudzu has the right idea with the 22. But the tank that comes with it is different than the Baby and uses different coils. https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SM-VPE20
Good catch. I didn't realize the 22 and BB pen were different devices. :oops:
I took a few pulls from a friend's BB pen with the M series coil the other day. It was smooth, tasty, and comparable to the higher powered BB coils.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good catch. I didn't realize the 22 and BB pen were different devices. :oops:
I took a few pulls from a friend's BB pen with the M series coil the other day. It was smooth, tasty, and comparable to the higher powered BB coils.
I have both. The V8Baby is stealty and performs well.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually got one of the Smok stick Aio for my wife to try and I was surprised how well it hit for a little starter mod. I was using it as a secondary at work for a while but have sold it now. But it came as a kit with extra coil also.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The aspire cf mod is a nice option. It uses 18650 batteries so you can change it out and have spare charged batteries. Just make sure to use a reputable charger and buy name brand batteries (don't, Samsung, lg) from a reputable dealer. The cf mod I believe is 22 mm... therefore the regular baby beast with the direct current coils the smok stick uses would be a good option. The only different between the big baby and reg baby is size. It will hold a lot less liquid (3ml less) but flavor is a little better on the reg baby over the big baby. I don't recommend wismec much but if I were shopping for a stick style, the wismec sinuous sw looks sick....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The aspire cf mod is a nice option. It uses 18650 batteries so you can change it out and have spare charged batteries. Just make sure to use a reputable charger and buy name brand batteries (don't, Samsung, lg) from a reputable dealer. The cf mod I believe is 22 mm... therefore the regular baby beast with the direct current coils the smok stick uses would be a good option. The only different between the big baby and reg baby is size. It will hold a lot less liquid (3ml less) but flavor is a little better on the reg baby over the big baby. I don't recommend wismec much but if I were shopping for a stick style, the wismec sinuous sw looks sick....

+1 for this or you could try the Aspire K4 kit. It's an 2000mah internal battery mod that comes with the cleito and the cleito is a very good tank. I used one when I got into sub ohm. I could even give you mine as I don't use it :)

Thanks PizzaDave. Since you said such good things about it, I snagged an Aspire CF MOD off of eBay tonight. I had an Smok Alien 220w bite the dust on me after 2 months, as well as a Smok 22 and Smok V8 button fails. My first 3 devices and all crap. The last thing I want to do is keep throwing money down the drain on these things. For $15, I'll gladly give it a go. Cheers and thanks again.

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Report back with what you think of it! Just remember to buy coils from a real dealer...xlone aspire coils are really rough. I got some once and boy...they were bad.

Report back with what you think of it! Just remember to buy coils from a real dealer...xlone aspire coils are really rough. I got some once and boy...they were bad.

It's just the MOD, no tank. I was just going to use the tanks off of the Alien and/or Stick V8. The Alien had a baby beast, and the V8 came with the Big Baby. I believe that's right anyway. My girlfriend gave me a Kaees Solomon RDTA for Christmas as well. I hope they will all work fine.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll just have to stick with coils or rebuilds in the rdta which are in the range that the aspire will function with.

VU Sponsors