Become a Patron!

Smok T-priv won't turn on?

i picked up my T-priv mod, put in some fresh batteries and the logo came on. so far so good.
When i pressed the fire button 5 times, the menu didnt turn up. So i kept on pressing it.
Tried re-updating the firmware, clicking on it continuously, nothing works. The screen itself works fine, the version logo still comes up, when i plug it in via usb to my laptop or power outlet it still shows the bettery symbols chargin. I just can't seem to get to the menu? might be the mod acting up or it's not registering the fire button properly.

any help or suggestions would be greatly apperciated

cheers

I have been having this exact same issue, I have tried everything that you have. I even took the mod apart to look and see if maybe the firing trigger wasn't making proper contact, but no dice. Have you found a solution??

I am also having this issue. Tried changing the batteries and the logo comes up. Plugged into usb and the battery charge shows up. But it just wont turn on. I had used it probably 1 minute prior and then this. Needing it now more than ever, due to the stress. I'm desperate. Please... But seriously, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, obviously I'm gonna be buying a new mod tomorrow. Any suggestions? Mine actually came back on for just a min but then is back to not working. Super frustrating.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard good things about the Vaporesso Revenger. If I was buying a lower end mod it would probably be between the Revenger or Smoat Battlestar. I prefer spending more money and getting a higher end mod. I love DNA chip mods because I like running Temp Control with SS coils in a RTA. I also love my Hexohm V3. They have a lifetime warranty but are pretty pricey. Smok is putting out so many new models that I believe their QC has suffered. I just have seen so many posts about them crapping out early. I guess it's like the old saying that you get what you pay for. Hopefully others will chime in and give you some good advice on a comparable mod to the T-Priv. Good luck with your purchase !!!

Sounds so dumb bit I just fixed this by taking the batteries out, putting them back in and then pressing the button 5 times. I repeated this like 3 times and it worked after being out of action for an hour. sounds dumb but worked for me

I found a solution. Its strange, but I put my vape in ethanol bath, waited for about 15 minutes. I removed the battery of course. Then I took it out and I was shaking it really hard, so the ethanol would go away. And then I tried to power it up and it worked. Just WTF is goin on

I'll tell you what is wrong with it. They may feel solid, but they are not built very well. This is the second one for me of the spriv. I only bought the second one because my wife insisted on it (she liked the skull, bleh). The first one had the top 'come off' -- two of the thin cheap plastic screw anchors cracked and the top began to float and disconnect the tank. This second one lasted longer, but juice leaked through into the top compartment and made it down to the electronics and I have the same problem as the OP. Note the reason KodzghlyCZ's fix worked was it basically dissolved the dried juice on the circuit board and when dry...well he lucked out. I also had one of the other smok mods - the rainbow mod (I think it was an spriv version). THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE SCREWS. I did not drop this, the heat from vaping just wrecks havoc on that thin plastic inside. I now have a Cylon - going to buy another. I mean the basic design is the same as the smok boxes...maybe the insides are better quality (I can only hope).

VU Sponsors