Become a Patron!

SMOK X FORCE Burnt Taste

Ronald Bryant

Member For 4 Years
I purchased the SMOK X FORCE a couple of weeks ago and experienced what I call the order from hell. I won't get into specifics but here is the problem. The unit came with 2 coils. A .6 and a 1.2. After priming the first coil per the manufacturer's advice. The first few hits were awesome then after about half an hour I got nothing but burnt taste. I switched coils and the same thing happened. I purchased more coils and the same exact thing is happening with them. Does anyone have these same problems? I can't imagine that I am the only one experiencing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi i just made an acxount jus to tell u i had the same problem 5 minutes ago and the way i fixed this was less juice was geetin to voil so the entery hole for the juice to go in(the top small hole) i got a pin nd made 2 to 3 holes in very small and the flavour tastes better then when tge coil was new i guatantee 100%it will work
Thank you!!! My husband was having the same problem, this fixed the burnt taste from his coil

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I purchased the SMOK X FORCE a couple of weeks ago and experienced what I call the order from hell. I won't get into specifics but here is the problem. The unit came with 2 coils. A .6 and a 1.2. After priming the first coil per the manufacturer's advice. The first few hits were awesome then after about half an hour I got nothing but burnt taste. I switched coils and the same thing happened. I purchased more coils and the same exact thing is happening with them. Does anyone have these same problems? I can't imagine that I am the only one experiencing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't normally use any of the newer pod systems. Limited to what I can point out due to lacking experience with them, that aside there's usually some basics for most vaping. Hope I can point something out here for you.

First up give consideration to "dry hits".

Next up might want to check you're priming "correctly".

Have to also agree that sticking a few tiny holes in the top of the coil assembly sounds like a good idea too. The top in looking at the assembly will be the piece sticking up into the pod itself. You'd want to place the holes down into the "membrane" in the "chimney" portion. Pin holes ought to do quite well. You could go to the extreme of too many or too large a hole, flood out your coil.

I used the term "correctly" above loosely. There's always more than a way to do anything. Results though count more than technique usually. Still it might be helpful to observe technique from someone else, if for no other reason than to give you an idea to try. Hope I've been at least a bit helpful.

Hi i just made an acxount jus to tell u i had the same problem 5 minutes ago and the way i fixed this was less juice was geetin to voil so the entery hole for the juice to go in(the top small hole) i got a pin nd made 2 to 3 holes in very small and the flavour tastes better then when tge coil was new i guatantee 100%it will work
Thank you so much! Had the same problem, and after making the holes, it works and tastes great! ?

It's normal for the taste to be a bit off at first on a new coil. It should get better. Make sure to start off the wattage low and ramp it up gradually as well.

VU Sponsors