Become a Patron!

Smok X Priv That Won't Charge

The owner of a vape store looked at it briefly and said he thought the motherboard should be cleaned and that might fix it. Wondering if any of you think that sounds like a possibly. If so is there a certain cleaner?
Let me know if there are any details I can give that could help in diagnosing and fixing. Thanks!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's powered by two 18650 batteries. Take them out and use an external charger. That's always recommended with vaping batteries. Some mods don't have an over charge protection and can start a fire if the batteries are over charged. And smok has low quality control so I wouldn't put faith in that feature if it was me. A charger can be had for less than 20 bucks now adays I'd think.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Thanks so much for the advice! So the external charger is what you put the batteries in? Apologies- looking at google images of external chargers
Edit: I'm fairly certain I understand :) can't wait to see if this works. Thx again.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had efest chargers last a long time. Nitecore are good chargers as well. Golisi 6 bay is what I have at the moment

Ok checking them out now- just ordered EBL charger but can always cancel.
Edit: all set. Thank you. Really cannot wait to see if it works. Had quit smoking with this, but started again and above everything else it just too expensive!
Do the motherboards ever need to be cleaned? This vape store guy seemed to think that since it hadn't been use in long time there might be mold or something that need to be cleaned off.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes the 510 connection (the part the tank screws into) can leak juice from the tank or condensation into the board. It does happen sometimes. Before buying your next just find what you think you like then Google any known issues. Sometimes brand new items (just hit the market) have issues but are usually fixed in a second run. But research will always be your friend in the vape game. Something leaks, crappy connections, great airflow. Research is good.

If you have time to answer last concern, otherwise no worries:
Do you think it's a bad idea-not safe health wise- to use it if the motherboard isn't cleaned?

Honestly did not expect to get any advice- have been asking around, made calls, checked some other sites but wasn't getting anything that made any sense.
who knew the vapin' drummer was around??

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you put batteries in and it turns on I'd use it. Sometimes disassembly is harder than it looks. But if that's something you want to check you can. If there is some dirt and grime you can use electric contact cleaner spray to clean the gunk off. The issue may just be the charging port on the mod itself if when trying to charge it.

VU Sponsors