Become a Patron!

So funny I had to share the laughter.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Having just given hell to webmd for no comments section, I happened across a smoking cessation article. One of the "steps" was "
7. Avoid Alcohol and Other Triggers"
I think they mean triggers like beer, coffee, food, sex, avoid going to work so you don't smoke on your breaks!
So I had to laugh. Sure you quit smoking, but starve to death.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tapatalk has put up quit smoking ads on this forum. It’s pretty funny, imho. I feel bad for ppl trying to quit without vaping. It’s crazy hard and I wouldn’t want to do it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I did quit without vaping for three years. For the first three weeks I just wanted to grab somebody - anybody - and wallop the shit out of them. The tension in my arms and the nasty little addiction voice talking in my head was just about more than I could stand.

I had smoking dreams. Would wake up mad as hell at myself for picking up the cigarettes again, and then a minute or so later realize it was a dream. Those dreams are so realistic, though - you can even smell the tobacco and the smoke sometimes.

I also put on about 40 pounds that I've never been able to take back off again.

So after those three miserable years, I picked the cigs back up for about a month, was mad at myself every day about it. Went into Sheetz to buy cigs one afternoon and saw a Blu menthol hanging on a hook on the wall. I bought the Blu instead of the cigs. I literally have not bought another pack of cigarettes for myself since that day, which was June 15, 2011.

I did buy cigarettes for my husband after he had knee replacement surgery. I have not been able to get him to vape except on vacation. He'll use a cigalike if we're in a rental car or lodging where he can't smoke.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I did quit without vaping for three years. For the first three weeks I just wanted to grab somebody - anybody - and wallop the shit out of them. The tension in my arms and the nasty little addiction voice talking in my head was just about more than I could stand.

I had smoking dreams. Would wake up mad as hell at myself for picking up the cigarettes again, and then a minute or so later realize it was a dream. Those dreams are so realistic, though - you can even smell the tobacco and the smoke sometimes.

So after those three miserable years, I picked the cigs back up for about a month, was mad at myself every day about it. Went into Sheetz to buy cigs one afternoon and saw a Blu menthol hanging on a hook on the wall. I bought the Blu instead of the cigs. I literally have not bought another pack of cigarettes for myself since that day, which was June 15, 2011.

I did buy cigarettes for my husband after he had knee replacement surgery. I have not been able to get him to vape except on vacation. He'll use a cigalike if we're in a rental car or lodging where he can't smoke.

That’s a great story. I’m so glad you stayed quit! My old man is still smoking about two packs a week, which compared to two packs a day, is still a win imho. He’s been vaping though, so I’m glad about that. He tried Chantix and patched years ago, and was miserable. I cold turkey-ed once and it was horrible. The really bad symptoms kicked in for me about three weeks later. Yes, I wanted to beat someone up too! Did you try any pods with your DH?

I was feeling bad from too much PG this weekend and this morning I had a few drags off my hub’s cig and the “I can’t breathe dry cough” stopped right away. WTH? I broke out some WTAs which have been easier to vape for some reason.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That is what happened with me too. I quit smoking for a year and a half. Started sneaking a few and ended up buying a few packs. I knew if I started smoking again I was a dead man. So I was kind of desperate when I walked into Alohma Vapes and bought my starter kit. It saved my life.

You never hear these kind of stories when the do-gooders are on their soapboxes about the dangers of vaping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That is what happened with me too. I quit smoking for a year and a half. Started sneaking a few and ended up buying a few packs. I knew if I started smoking again I was a dead man. So I was kind of desperate when I walked into Alohma Vapes and bought my starter kit. It saved my life.

You never hear these kind of stories when the do-gooders are on their soapboxes about the dangers of vaping.

The other part of the story that I didn't yet include is that after I quit smoking (the time when I wasn't vaping), about six weeks later I found myself at the doctor's office saying, "Doc, can nicotine mask the symptoms of ADD?" I had gotten to the point that I couldn't concentrate, was having constant anxiety at work, just having a helluva time getting my job done. Doc says, "ABSOLUTELY!" So I asked if there was a way I could be tested for ADD. Instead of testing, he gave me a 30 day Adderall prescription.

Well that did the trick alright. But I'd spend nearly my entire weekends asleep, because I wasn't going to allow myself to get addicted to amphetamines. I wouldn't take the Adderall on the weekends, and couldn't hold my eyes open.

After I got acclimated to vaping, I started cutting the Adderall back, and within another six weeks was off it completely. Haven't had to take another one since. Nicotine is now my ADD med.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The other part of the story that I didn't yet include is that after I quit smoking (the time when I wasn't vaping), about six weeks later I found myself at the doctor's office saying, "Doc, can nicotine mask the symptoms of ADD?" I had gotten to the point that I couldn't concentrate, was having constant anxiety at work, just having a helluva time getting my job done. Doc says, "ABSOLUTELY!" So I asked if there was a way I could be tested for ADD. Instead of testing, he gave me a 30 day Adderall prescription.

Well that did the trick alright. But I'd spend nearly my entire weekends asleep, because I wasn't going to allow myself to get addicted to amphetamines. I wouldn't take the Adderall on the weekends, and couldn't hold my eyes open.

After I got acclimated to vaping, I started cutting the Adderall back, and within another six weeks was off it completely. Haven't had to take another one since. Nicotine is now my ADD med.

That’s a cool story, and no these do gooding people don’t even want to hear about nic benefits like this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors