Become a Patron!

So i bought an iJoy Limitless, need mod recommendations

I've been vaping for about a year and a half, although i'm still quite a noob as i haven't built a deck before.

I bought an orange (love orange) Limitless RDTA by iJoy. It can be used as an RDA, though since it isn't squonkable i think i'll just use it as an RDTA. I have several Oceanus mods by Innokin, was wondering if i can use those for it? Or do i need a mech mod? If so, what would you recommend?

Also I wanted to get the Innokin Thermo RDA as it looks great but after watching a few reviews, i think i'll pass. Was planning to get a squonkable mod for that. but no longer, just looking for a good mod to go with the Limitless now. Any help is appreciated!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought an orange (love orange) Limitless RDTA by iJoy. It can be used as an RDA, though since it isn't squonkable i think i'll just use it as an RDTA. I have several Oceanus mods by Innokin, was wondering if i can use those for it? Or do i need a mech mod? If so, what would you recommend?
Don't need a mech.
It will work on that mod. Just use the coils that will work well for that mod's wattage limit and battery that you use.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Since your title says need mod recommendations, are you more interested in a dual 18650 mod that would most likely last you the day w/o charging?
Mod + 2 batteries?
There are some good 20700 batteries and devices, but the buyer market is moving towards 18650/21700. While some devices will use 18650/20700/21700, the users are using 18650, or 21700 for it's greater capacity and higher amps. Devices that use 18650 or 20700 are still good devices, but they are limited to what 20700 offers or are available. Your oceanus is 20700 only, unless you have an 18650 adapter for it. And if you do, I don't believe you could utilize the wattage boost feature of the mod or it's 110W w/o going to a battery that has only 2000Mah of run time. So 20700 it is, and I'm pretty sure I researched that 21700 won't fit it - :mad:

If you can, I would suggest a 2x18650 mod, and 3 batteries 1 of which is 20700 for the Oceanus and keep that as a second setup for when you need it or want to use it. While charging batteries, short trips when you know the single battery will get you through, and importantly - to have a back up.

This would be the best 20700 battery for that mod. you can search the most reliable sites for batteries to make sure you get authentic, like Lion Wholesale, IMRbatteries, Illumin, but this store is also reputable so I don't think it's an issue if you don't find this exact model at one of those battery stores.
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Sanyo-NCR2070C-3500mAh-Battery-30-Amp-p/sanyo-30c.htm

Yeah the Oceanus comes with an adapter for 18650s. But i don't mind buying a new mod if that would be a better fit, is there anything you would recommend? I'm interested in the VandyVape Jackaroo but that's also a single-battery mod

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great advice from Vapefan.
LIW has the Sanyo 20700 he references, and recently given a great thumbs up by Mocch, for 9 bucks.
I'm with him. It sounds like a dual battery mod would do what you want the best.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like Jackaroo too and as you say, single battery.

What about Aegis Legend 200w or Modefined Draco?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Great advice from Vapefan.
LIW has the Sanyo 20700 he references, and recently given a great thumbs up by Mocch, for 9 bucks.
I'm with him. It sounds like a dual battery mod would do what you want the best.
Good find. OP can get all their batteries from there then.

Aegis Legend seems good but its battery door is a weakpoint on the device. They have a new "Solo" Aegis that's a single 18650 mod. Watching Suck My Mod's review of that taught me dual-coil RDTAs and power hungry.. good to know!

Is there an advantage to using a dual 18650 mod instead of a single 21700 one? I guess the power drain would be distributed more evenly between the two batteries?

checking out the Modefined Draco now

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Advantage is longer run time and higher wattage.
That Sanyo 2070C is rated about 3500Mah. The best 21700 for run time is about 4100Mah
Best 18650's are 2500-3000mah ea. If your not going to vape over 100w or so, Samsung 30Q x2 is a good choice.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aegis Legend seems good but its battery door is a weakpoint on the device.
How so sir?
Watching Suck My Mod's review of that taught me dual-coil RDTAs and power hungry.. good to know!
"Power hungry" can be a relative term. While it's generally true that 2 coils will draw more power than one, it's an oversimplification to think that dual coils will quickly kill your batteries and a single will last 10 times longer. There's more to it than that.
Is there an advantage to using a dual 18650 mod instead of a single 21700 one? I guess the power drain would be distributed more evenly between the two batteries?
Again, it's not as simple as JUST the number of batteries :) I know that's no fun to hear, but it's true my friend. Dual batteries will give you more capability overall though.
checking out the Modefined Draco now
I have a Lyra by that company and it's a seriously good mod. I'm with VapeFan again :)

Youtube reviewers (some of them) can be very educational for a while, but don't take every detail that falls from their lips as being completely accurate without qualification. Sometimes they can be misunderstood by new vapers too because they assume that those listening to them will know what they mean.

If I were you, I'd pick something with dual 18650s for the versatility for now. You can bring a dual setup down to wherever you want power wise, but you can't bring a single over what it can do.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, I was writing that last comment longer than I thought. Vapefan was here 25 minutes ago :D

Advantage is longer run time and higher wattage.
That Sanyo 2070C is rated about 3500Mah. The best 21700 for run time is about 4100Mah
Best 18650's are 2500-3000mah ea. If your not going to vape over 100w or so, Samsung 30Q x2 is a good choice.

Wow, i didn't think 18650s could go that high! I'll check out the site and shop around a bit for the best batteries. I haven't yet found a dual-18650 mod that i like. I don't like the aesthetic of the Draco. But, i've found some Squonk tanks and mods that i like, so that will be good. Just need a good mod for the iJoy Limitless (love it in orange). And i wouldn't use a Squonk mod for that, probably keep it for home use
I'm a fashion vaper haha

How so sir?

From watching youtube reviews, mostly in reference to if it was dropped; that would be the piece that would break.

"Power hungry" can be a relative term. While it's generally true that 2 coils will draw more power than one, it's an oversimplification to think that dual coils will quickly kill your batteries and a single will last 10 times longer. There's more to it than that.

Again, it's not as simple as JUST the number of batteries :) I know that's no fun to hear, but it's true my friend. Dual batteries will give you more capability overall though.

I have a Lyra by that company and it's a seriously good mod. I'm with VapeFan again :)

Youtube reviewers (some of them) can be very educational for a while, but don't take every detail that falls from their lips as being completely accurate without qualification. Sometimes they can be misunderstood by new vapers too because they assume that those listening to them will know what they mean.

If I were you, I'd pick something with dual 18650s for the versatility for now. You can bring a dual setup down to wherever you want power wise, but you can't bring a single over what it can do.

Thanks! I'll check out the Lyra

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From watching youtube reviews, mostly in reference to if it was dropped; that would be the piece that would break.
Thanks! I'll check out the Lyra
I was just saying they make good mods. Between the two, I'd get the Draco. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Wow, i didn't think 18650s could go that high! I'll check out the site and shop around a bit for the best batteries. I haven't yet found a dual-18650 mod that i like. I don't like the aesthetic of the Draco. But, i've found some Squonk tanks and mods that i like, so that will be good. Just need a good mod for the iJoy Limitless (love it in orange). And i wouldn't use a Squonk mod for that, probably keep it for home use
I'm a fashion vaper haha
x2....x2....30Q x2

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AsModus Minikin V2 will do exactly what you want. The battery life is incredible on it as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used an orange Battlestar for a couple of years. It's a good mod, very reliable, and does an ok job with TC if that's your thing.

VU Sponsors