Become a Patron!

So What's your best build for Flavor?(MTL)

kaynet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Basically what I said in the title, what are you using for the best flavor production? What is your full build like? I'm looking to buy right now and the choices are just overwhelming.
I also have some specific questions ..-

What is better, Aspire Nautilus or Avocado 24/22?

Do flavor chasers need higher watts or just easy access to changing the watts? (or both)

What specific battery box do you use?

Need help!:eek:

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What setup are you vaping right now?

What mod do you have?

Do you vape MTL or DL?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The aspire Nautilus is a wonderful MTL tank..Pretty much the coils you get with it works..I believe they have verticle and horizontal coil with the verticle claiming to have more flavor.

The avacodo ive never used but I can tell you the coil you choose and the amount of air flow as well as the wattage will all need to be fine tuned to your personal liking...A little bit more involved having to know how to build coils or atleast knowing how to remove hot spots should you choose pre built coils...I would go with no less than a 26g wire and maybe shoot for a basic coil to get you started with around .40 to .50 ohms (this means purchase 1.00 ohm pre built coils) and maybe start at 25 watts and work your way up power wise.

kaynet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What setup are you vaping right now?
What mod do you have?
Do you vape MTL or DL?

I honestly haven't ever owned any setups before, this is my first one. I've just been doing very extensive research. I don't really want to begin at a small beginners vape just to outgrow it and want more in no time at all. I have a lot of money to spend on the one I'm currently buying right now but.. I don't have a lot of throw away money for just whatever..ya know? I'm just kind of scared the flavor either won't be good or won't strong enough. So I'm just trying to get this well thought out. :p I know however that I prefer MTL.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly haven't ever owned any setups before, this is my first one. I've just been doing very extensive research. I don't really want to begin at a small beginners vape just to outgrow it and want more in no time at all. I have a lot of money to spend on the one I'm currently buying right now but.. I don't have a lot of throw away money for just whatever..ya know? I'm just kind of scared the flavor either won't be good or won't strong enough. So I'm just trying to get this well thought out. :p I know however that I prefer MTL.

Im sure you dont know for sure if you prefer MTL. Was just serious about vaping and flavor when i quit cigarettes for good about a month ago. But I had 3 other setups previously... and kept on switching MTL to direct lung. Now Im pretty certain I prefer the direct lung style. Really try out everything first. Still searching for my sweet spot still.. I liked cooler vapes until I tried a really hot vape that gave me a throat hit.. its what made me say... ahh this can replace cigarettes. But still I keep on switching things looking for what I really like.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got a Digiflavor Siren, and have since started building 316SS temperature control coils. Best flavor I have ever gotten, hands down. I've used Kayfun 4 & 5 clones, Hurricane Clones, Firebird clones, the Siren blows them all away and is MUCH easier to build on. Damn near foolproof. I use it on a vTwo Mini, Right now temp set to 320F. Outstanding flavor.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why you want to vape? Is a very important question in this case...... but....

If i were starting today I would go with the nautilus. I would get a which ever 30 to 75 watt regulated mod I liked best... I would spend no more than $50 on this setup including batteries and a charger. If external.

I would also get at same time or soon after a RTDA like the Avocado 22. Easy to use and us almost MTL able. I might also get a subtank type atty. Just in case the Naughty isn't enough.

I would vape on the naughty and subtank... while learning to build and vape the Avocado.

If you want to get into fancier build and such go with 75 watts as minimum.

Current daily setup.... Pico75 with Avocado 22. Running single coil 3x30ss twisted at .4 ohms using about 17 watts. TC and VW modes used.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Current daily setup.... Pico75 with Avocado 22 RDTA . Running dual coil fused claptons at .21 ohms using about 54watts.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it when a group of MTL vapers sit down to discuss vaping there is always some Direct lung hitters telling them vape at like .2 ohms...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it when a group of MTL vapers sit down to discuss vaping there is always some Direct lung hitters telling them vape at like .2 ohms...
Because when vaping regulated. Ohm is just a number...
I build for 15 to 25watts.... that's the range I always vape at.. but I build could from .1 to 3ohm to do that.
For me. MTL or DMTL or DL. And which draw I use is based on my wattage. Even with my mechs it's more about wattage. But being a mech ohm determines the levels. On the regulated mod ohm just determines the voltage output to achieve targeted watts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Nautilus 2 is pretty damn good, it has much better airflow and flavor than the original or mini.
The digiflavor siren is also a very good MTL vape, might not be the best for beginners because it could take a few builds to find your sweet spot

Akrotiri

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically what I said in the title, what are you using for the best flavor production? What is your full build like? I'm looking to buy right now and the choices are just overwhelming.

Do flavor chasers need higher watts or just easy access to changing the watts? (or both)

For me it's 1.2 ohms 28g kanthal @ 14-15 watts.

Generally for flavor chasers the lower the wattage the better.

Dicodes Dani box FTW.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use mostly 28g Kanthal now, 2.5mm diameter preferred with mesh, anywhere between .8 to 1.1ohm, depends on the atomizer and device I plan to use it with.

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Avocado 24 is one of my favourite tanks...
In General the new generation of genesis tanks produce awesome flavour for me..
For me avocado has worked its best single coiled with 4-5 wraps of clapton @2.5mm.
With such a setup you don't really need high watts as it vapes just fine between 40-50 watts max...
As far as the mod is concerned, it all depends on your budget! If pricing is not much of an issue, get something that can fire over 100w for versatility. A DNA 133w would be an excellent option ad you can find some bargains following the release of the 250 board.

I just recently purchased a avacado and a new brand of cotton by the CoolWhic to me is the best combination with a pair of claptons. The company I purchased from is based in los angeles www.socalivc.com they offer free shipping. Saved me a few bucks for another bottle of joose.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Building 0.8Ω - 1.0Ω @ 20W on 26AWG is my sweet spot

Same here. Started with a Pico 75W with OBS Ace as starter kit. The vendor showed me how to rebuild with the RBA deck and included some 'generic' 26ga wire and organic Jap cotton. Was generally happy in my ignorance until I tried true Kanthal wire (round) and now Cotton Bacon v2.

I now aim for 10-12 wraps (0.8-1.2 ohms) 18W-25W depending on my DIY juice (30%-40% PG). Like many, my initial objective was quitting cigarettes ... MTL by default. Having done that, am now an avid flavor chaser.

Recently got a Goblin Mini v3; after learning to rebuild without leaks, it is now my preferred atty. The OBS Ace (22mm) with RBA deck still has its merits and I continue to rotate (use it).

Last edited:
A little late to the party.

I run a staggered fused clapton, 26ga×2 KA1, 32ga N80 wrap. 5 wraps 3mm ID @ .39 ohms. 70-75 watts. RDA is a Pharaoh. Mod is Coolfire 4 TC100. Staggered and Stapled Staggered fused clapton, I believe, are best for flavor depth. I can taste every little flavor in a juice.

Attachments

• 14937241141781381357878.jpg
    14937241141781381357878.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 39

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you havent got anything yet, I would look into getting a smok alien kit with the tfv8 baby beast. It can go up to 220w and has tons of different coils so you have many many options and plenty of wattage control with the mod to cover those options, as well as it would take you a long time, if ever, to outgrow that mod since it goes up to 220w. Most tanks or rba will fit on it if you want another tank and when you're ready to start building your own coils. The factory coils have really good flavor and vapor production. You can also change your draw from min to max with about 3-4 options in between. The full kit you can get for about $50-100 depending where you shop. You'll need batteries as well but no biggie. Better off w a mod that has replacable batteries. The premade factory coils can also be easily found anywhere, and you rebuild them very easily if you want to save some money. You can also get a rba for the baby beast. They're ok, cheap enough to be worth having to get the feel of building.

I just got a crown 2 tank for $10 off some website. Great flavor from the .25Ω coil. Some ppl say the coils crap out quickly. From what i have read and experienced, uwell fixed the coil issues. I have had no problems with mine. On the same one after 1.5-2weeks and still has great flavor. These premade coils can also be rebuilt really easy. Lots of premade coils from lots of companies, its a good idea to poke a couple tiny holes in the wicking ports with a safty pin, or any small/thin pin. Helps wick faster so you dont get dry hits on coils where the cotton is tightly packed. Especially after they start gunking up with sweeter juices, especially if you chain vape. Not always nessecery, but helps a lot and makes them last longer.

I also got a tvf4 for about $10. Great tank, super easy top fill with swivel cap so you dont have to unscrew it to fill (tfv8 has this as well). Again, lots of premade coils, even few different rbas. Should even come with one. I just ordered one of the rbas off mt baker for less than a dollar lol. Then ordered a third rba for the tank that also comes with a premade coil for $10 or less. So the rba head and premade head for $10. Once they arrive, ill have 3 rbas for this one tank. Cant go wrong with smok tanks and coils.

Hadaly or kryten rda clones by sxk can be found pretty cheap and they're a really good clones and really good rda, then if you like it you can go for the authentic if you really want, but probably wont have to. They also come with a separate bottom feed pins if you get a mod that has a squonk bottle in the future. Hadaly for single coil great flavor, kryten for dual coil good flavor bigger clouds.

Sugashane88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running a 5 wrap 2.4mm ID zipper coil (2x3 26g kanthal) @.22ohms, easy build with extraordinary flavor, using a rafale x on a Smok Alien 220w, I run it between 80-120 watt still looking for a sweet spot for my juice. I previous ran dual aliens thru the neutral post on this rda @.52 ohms, was really good flavor as well but not as much as a zipper in my opinion

Attachments

• IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 28

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running a 5 wrap 2.4mm ID zipper coil (2x3 26g kanthal) @.22ohms, easy build with extraordinary flavor, using a rafale x on a Smok Alien 220w, I run it between 80-120 watt still looking for a sweet spot for my juice. I previous ran dual aliens thru the neutral post on this rda @.52 ohms, was really good flavor as well but not as much as a zipper in my opinion

The zipper is going to be my next build. I tried an alien, but it ended up coming out as a fused clapton cause i stretched the outter wrap too much. Couple times the wire would break and i was using 24g core and 28g wrap. After it broke on me a couple times, i ended up using the pieces anyways since they still had good length to them so i ended up with a three core fused clapton, two dual core fused clapton, two dual core claptons with a twist (twisted 30g wrap) and a three core clapton with a twist. I havent tried them all yet.

The triple core fused clapton came out to i think .22, pretty good flavor, and i tried one of the dual core clapton with a twist that came out to i think .3, that build rocked.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also did a 7wrap parallel that came out to 1.01, im still using that one. I like this one a lot too. Plus i can finally put my vaporesso target mini to good use with it since it works real well at 40w which is the max for that mod. All the other builds i use on dif mods at 55-75, or on my mech mod. A simple two coil 26g 4 wrap has worked well with my medusa.

The 28g parallel in my hadaly was my first build that started out in my medusa as a dual coil that didnt work well for me, so i put them together and put them in my hadaly as parallel and works much better haha.

Sugashane88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also did a 7wrap parallel that came out to 1.01, im still using that one. I like this one a lot too. Plus i can finally put my vaporesso target mini to good use with it since it works real well at 40w which is the max for that mod. All the other builds i use on dif mods at 55-75, or on my mech mod. A simple two coil 26g 4 wrap has worked well with my medusa.

The 28g parallel in my hadaly was my first build that started out in my medusa as a dual coil that didnt work well for me, so i put them together and put them in my hadaly as parallel and works much better haha.
For an alien I'd start with 26g cores and 36g wrap, I can pull it off with 26/32 now but it took me a while to get down, my next build is going to be a dragon scale coil

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For an alien I'd start with 26g cores and 36g wrap, I can pull it off with 26/32 now but it took me a while to get down, my next build is going to be a dragon scale coil

The wire i used wasnt really the problem, it was a user error, i jus stretched the outer wire too much so it was too straight. If it stopped before i did that last pull, it would have come out good. Lots of messing with it to get the cores parallel. I seen a video where someone used a keychain ring, i tried but it didnt really hold well, kept slipping off, amd once i start wrapping the outer wire, i dont really like to stop to move the ring because it messes up my momentum and angle. I see someone use a hair clip, ill probably try that next time. I really liked the fused clapton with a twist. Twisted wire for the clapton/outer wire, probbably my favorite so far. The dragon skin looks cool too. The zipper doesnt seen too hard n supposedly works really well. Cant wait to try that. I gota bunch of wire coming in within the next couple days. 28 and 30 twisted are my smallest, i ordered ss and a1 22-26, i need to get some 32. I was watchin a couple videos today of ppl using 40 and 42, thats jus too damn thin. Brakes too easy.

VU Sponsors