Become a Patron!

Something strange just happened....input, please.....

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got some used mods & such listed on a couple online sites (offerup & craiglsist)

got contacted buy a guy who wanted one of the mods; interestingly enough, he also began inquiring as to whether or not I had any eliquid as well.

over the span of a couple hours on & off, back & forth, we finally agreed on a place to meet.

As I was headed out the door, I get a message from him that he was in a business meeting & his nephew had agreed to pick the stuff up for him and inquired as to if that was OK. I asked if he was 18 & was told that he was a sophomore in high school.

I politely informed him that with all the regulation changes & enforcement, I wouldn't conduct any transactions with anyone under 18.

his final comments to me were, "that's ok, I understand" followed by "never mind, I'm not interested anymore".

your thoughts on the scenario with these possible ideas, please...

1) it was actually a minor attempting to purchase vape equipment/juice & I foiled his plan

2) I'm wondering if it is possible that the Snohomish County Health Department (WA State) conducts "sting" operations with relation to private sales of vape stuff in an effort to curttail minor usage/enforce regulations (perhaps I'm wearing my tinfoild hat in this one, but I seriously wouldn't put anything like this past the government)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it was definitely a minor and a smart ass to boot. A well thought out charade to get you to sell to a minor. IMO you did the right thing and the smart thing.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Granted, there's no absolute guarantee that it couldn't happen here, too, but lots of folks sell their stuff in our Trading Post area, too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2) I'm wondering if it is possible that the Snohomish County Health Department (WA State) conducts "sting" operations with relation to private sales of vape stuff in an effort to curttail minor usage/enforce regulations (perhaps I'm wearing my tinfoild hat in this one, but I seriously wouldn't put anything like this past the government)

I would think it is highly unlikely to expend resources for private sales but YOU NEVER KNOW~! There are enough convenience stores and 7-11's to bust and levy some serious fines. What could they do to a private person? I do not believe there is legislation governing private parties when it comes to Tobacco Products. And yes, I know we are talking Vape Gear here but do not forget that the Vape Stuff is deemed TOBACCO Products.....

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've got some used mods & such listed on a couple online sites (offerup & craiglsist)

got contacted buy a guy who wanted one of the mods; interestingly enough, he also began inquiring as to whether or not I had any eliquid as well.

over the span of a couple hours on & off, back & forth, we finally agreed on a place to meet.

As I was headed out the door, I get a message from him that he was in a business meeting & his nephew had agreed to pick the stuff up for him and inquired as to if that was OK. I asked if he was 18 & was told that he was a sophomore in high school.

I politely informed him that with all the regulation changes & enforcement, I wouldn't conduct any transactions with anyone under 18.

his final comments to me were, "that's ok, I understand" followed by "never mind, I'm not interested anymore".

your thoughts on the scenario with these possible ideas, please...

1) it was actually a minor attempting to purchase vape equipment/juice & I foiled his plan

I'm with everyone else and think it was probably #1 but would not discount the govern't doing #2

VU Sponsors