Become a Patron!

SoulPatch 8x4

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone see any problem speed steeping this at 140 degrees for a few hours? Shouldnt kill any of the flavors or anything right??

After trying 3 different versions of these ingredients I am sure there is a cinnamon flavor in Beard 32 that is not coming from Cinnamon Churro or Cinnamon roll. They may be in there but there is a cinnamon missing. The only other cinnamon I have is CAP Cinnamon Danish and Lorrane's Cinnamon roll and it's not those either. Cinnamon Churro is adding a unique cream element that is too strong in this mix, and you can dump Cinnamon Roll (FW) in there all you want but it never turns into the bite that Beard 32's cinnamon has. It just gets more baked tasting which moves it further away from Beard 32. This is indeed a tough clone to make.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After trying 3 different versions of these ingredients I am sure there is a cinnamon flavor in Beard 32 that is not coming from Cinnamon Churro or Cinnamon roll. They may be in there but there is a cinnamon missing. The only other cinnamon I have is CAP Cinnamon Danish and Lorrane's Cinnamon roll and it's not those either. Cinnamon Churro is adding a unique cream element that is too strong in this mix, and you can dump Cinnamon Roll (FW) in there all you want but it never turns into the bite that Beard 32's cinnamon has. It just gets more baked tasting which moves it further away from Beard 32. This is indeed a tough clone to make.

Could be FA Cinnamon Ceylon?, it's quite different than most of the others...

I don't know Cinnamon Ceylon so I can't say. I doubt Horchata just on it's real life taste. I bet it's one of the other straight Cinnamon flavors from FW, TPA, etc... I also have DX Cinnamon Danish Swirl (TFA), it's not that either. I bet if we find it it may make Cinnamon Churro obsolete. Loraine's Cinnamon roll actually has the right cinnamon bite, but brings too much cream.

Also, it is very dry, texture wise. May need EM? There may be too much flavoring. Too much flavor actually takes away flavor. It's not like food, it's artificial flavoring designed to trick your brain into thinking it's food.

Last edited:
I'm not being extra fussy, I have the real Beard 32 (always have it handy) and this clone (12 day steep) loaded into 2 Heracles tanks. Side by side, the real one is so decadent. The clone, not so much. I do appreciate the effort and I'm willing to contribute to the cause.

Also, the real one is darker, like a light brown. Yet this clone tastes like it has too much brown sugar to me.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="miscman, post: 692178, member: 29200". Side by side, the real one is so decadent. The clone, not so much. I do appreciate the effort and I'm willing to contribute to the cause.

Also, the real one is darker, like a light brown. Yet this clone tastes like it has too much brown sugar to me.[/QUOTE]
Maybe FW Banana Nut Bread instead of TFA?

Also, the real one is darker, like a light brown. Yet this clone tastes like it has too much brown sugar to me.[/QUOTE]
Maybe FW Banana Nut Bread instead of TFA?[/QUOTE]

Banana Nut bread is a minor player, I don't think it would make a difference. I actually don't taste banana nut bread in the real 32, but that doesn't mean it's not in there. It could be just AP.

I have made so many different variation of this and while I will say yes it is a very close match it is missing one very important flavor note.
that overwhelming stevia ? powdered sugar? or sweet an low kind of taste. I have tried super sweet, stevia no luck. I read a post about joy being used at 8% and even that isn't it. I WISH I could figure out what the heck they did to get that taste.

If anyone has any clue of what it could be this would be a 99-100% clone. while it is a very good recipe as it is it just a cinn dough boy (usa lol) taste or a little creasers pizza cinn bread e-juice.

VU Sponsors