Become a Patron!

squonk atty? on any mod? they may be on to something

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay. We all know drippers tend to have better flavor. no secret there. ive been looking for a cheap squonker box hoping ill be able to afford trying one out soon enough. so while I was looking I came across this:
SQUONKATTY.jpg
Has anyone seen any other attys like this? Id like to grab one sooner or later to try out sqonks, this seems like a great way to get the experience without buying a dedicated mod.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
its not, but, it looks similar to a fountain v2...
3Fvape and fastech used to have them...

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
just watched a video on the skyfall...
what are your impressions of the
tank, miss roxy...

I have two because I tested them, and I like them a lot. I've also used just the RDA top on my squonkers because it has pretty good flavor.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was wondering if the atty came off for BF mods. This may be a nice intro to BF'ing. I was kind of looking at the Kanger Dripbox too. but IDK I've got some time to decide

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Hero and the Fountain V2 are the same tank but there Hero has better quality, I love these Squonk RDA's and have en joyed them for some time! Its really nice having your Pointer Finger fire the mod and your thumb naturally resting on the bottle to squonk...its just the perfect lazy setup!
20160217_225517.jpg 20160217_225602.jpg 20160217_225806.jpg 20160217_230003.jpg 20160217_230257.jpg 20160217_230320.jpg

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
reminds me of the 3DS

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its really not that tall...Mine looks tall and it was because it has a Micro TFV4 glass on it since I broke the original glass, the Fountain V2/Hero is no bigger then a Subtank and have a nice deck and 5ml capacity...Plus you can use any mod you want with it instead of stuck with one mod and having to find a RDA that has a BF Pin, with it any Mod can be a Squonker for $12.

okay. We all know drippers tend to have better flavor. no secret there. ive been looking for a cheap squonker box hoping ill be able to afford trying one out soon enough. so while I was looking I came across this:
View attachment 44957
Has anyone seen any other attys like this? Id like to grab one sooner or later to try out sqonks, this seems like a great way to get the experience without buying a dedicated mod.
View attachment 44957
This thing is 1 of my favorites. I bought it twice because I broke the 1st and I would buy it again. It takes every build I throw at it and most importantly it's convenient, it's a dripper with out the hassle of dripping and couple minutes. HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting it.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Where do these silly rumors come from? :)

I personally think most tanks out there have better flavor than drippers.
Most decent RTAs outperform drippers as well.

Drippers are for clouds bro, not flavor.

[/troll] ;)

IDK, the tanks I have don't really put out the same flavor as the drippers right after you have juiced them up...

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks better than the squonk tank I tried back in the day bcuz I love the flavor of dripping but hate dripping. It was the Vision Aurora tank. It sucked bad.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I think FT is even cheaper but trying to avoid china these days.

And after looking at it a little more, not sure I would care for that top only airflow.

edit - FT has the Fountain version I guess, looks identical. Putting that ml graphic on the exterior of the tank was just brilliant :blech:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Website you linked is down, is that where you got it for $12? They're like twice that on e bay.
They got a new V3 version with Velocity post design...Ill link you to that if you want...The Super hero and Fountain Squonk RDA's are the same thing FYI
V3 LINK
V2 LINK

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Side airflow on the V3. But holy fuck, who is designing those graphics.

I think I need to have my head examined, ordered the V3.

Last edited:

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i got a bf istick 30 thats from italy.i thought it would be no good but ive been using it for almost 3 weeks and im really impressed with the lil plastic box..lol.i mean the buttons rattle a bit but ive dropped it while on the couch and no ill effects.i have a le zephyr on it and at 22.2 watts(5.6volts) its a really good vape.if ya run it at the full 30 it eats the batt if your way down in the sub ohm arena.but the 1.4 ohm coil in the zephyr is really doing a great job.

when i got it it had the 6ml reo bottle and man them are hard to squonk!soooo i put the 8.5ml bottles from Roscoe...er was it CC...anyways easy squonk.idk why the usa doesnt have these anywhere.i think with shippin they are probly a 100$ or so.but mine was bought from the classies and for 65$ its a hellofa good lil mod.thought i could get the wife to switch to squonkin if i had a atty that had tight air and a mod that wasnt 200 watts!!lol.but she didnt dig it at all...dammit anyways.if anyones wanting a cheap beginner bf regulated 30 watts LMK

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do these silly rumors come from? :)

I personally think most tanks out there have better flavor than drippers.
Most decent RTAs outperform drippers as well.

Drippers are for clouds bro, not flavor.

[/troll] ;)

Drippers are not just for clouds, they are great flavor attys too ;)

I run both tanks and drippers and prefer the flavor of drippers over tanks because of the fresh juice every time you drip.

Tanks on the other hand remind me of coffee sitting in a coffee pot over time, the first cup or two taste great, but after sitting on the coffee burner awhile the coffee develops a off taste.

Same thing happens in a tank, your constantly heating and cooling your juice because of the radiant heat generated in the tanks chamber while vaping, so the flavor does change from the beginning of the tank til the last vape at the end of the tank.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice comeback on the chain yank. Of course it's only true if you don't chain vape with heavy metal coils. :) Seems like every time I turn around the dang tank is empty.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kato makes a great mod for the Fountain, keeps everything nice and compact :)

3olluex41t434wv6g.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That is slick. Do you know if the clones are any good?

edit - ordered a black one from Focalecig thru pay pal, <20 bucks so worth a gamble...

Doh! Just realized I'm getting the fountain v3 with side airflow, wonder if they are going to work with the top band on the kato :question:

Last edited:

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is slick. Do you know if the clones are any good?

edit - ordered a black one from Focalecig thru pay pal, <20 bucks so worth a gamble...

Got mine thru Focalecig almost a year ago and has been working fine.

The black Kato with the Fountain makes for a very sexy setup, I think you will be pleased :)

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doh! Just realized I'm getting the fountain v3 with side airflow, wonder if they are going to work with the top band on the kato :question:

The Kato accommodates 23mm attys so there will be a little gap between the 22mm Fountain and the top ring. It should work but the airflow will be a little more restrictive.

93n9ajxt0y536s46g.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool, thanks for the photo. Went back and looked at the V3 again, it has top air also so if it is restricted have that.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dude I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread,im thinking of buying that tank. I just got into RDA and have a kangertech dripbox. I love it
For the Dripbox you need a atty with a bottom fed pin. THIS is a self contained unit, it doesn't have an actual bottom fed pin. I would recommend a Tobeco Velocity Clone. Either the v1, v2, or the Mini will work

John Starz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
For the Dripbox you need a atty with a bottom fed pin. THIS is a self contained unit, it doesn't have an actual bottom fed pin. I would recommend a Tobeco Velocity Clone. Either the v1, v2, or the Mini will work
thanks for the input

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ya that mod just looks sweet with that atty, I'm so tempted to buy it. looks heavyduty.

Thanks, the Kato is a solid mod and this ones been my beater for a bit, I'm pleased with it :) I've seen the fountain on a black version of the Kato and the contrasting SS and black made for a very sexy looking combo as well ;)

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have also set up a Kato / Fountain.
It's a pretty good system, too heavy for my shirt pocket, and was never accepted as part of my rotation. I definitely prefer the Reos & Tmod.
If you already have a Kato, however, the Fountain fits in there nicely.

kato-fountain 2.JPG

VU Sponsors