Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I spent the last year of prepping before the hammer buying tons of repair kits, spare parts etc

I may be able to spare a few. I deffo have springs for REO and at least a dozen CV repair kits

The only problem is they are all buried in a shipping container in my yard. It will take me awhile, but I've been slowly working my way into the damn thing to get to those parts, etc

I have a lot of stuff in need of refurbishment and repair also at this point

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
REO springs are better replaced by other options with less voltage drop

"The fuse mod" was a popular option, of replacing it with a bent automotive fuse

Or Supertrucker just used a silver plated bolt. Somewhere in the 1/2 inch thick range, cut to length to just fit the battery in

Vapergeddon proper is about a month away here. It's a headfuck. But I'm glad that I stocked up

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this popped up in FB memories as my 1 year vaperversary gift to myself, 9 years ago

10 years on the 20th or 22nd, depending how strict you are. My evods came with a dud charger, so there was cigs in between flat battery and going to melbourne's ony B & M at the time. Which was just a counter inside a dulux paint store

1495128_10152545378043226_3122590767918947603_o.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
this popped up in FB memories as my 1 year vaperversary gift to myself, 9 years ago

10 years on the 20th or 22nd, depending how strict you are. My evods came with a dud charger, so there was cigs in between flat battery and going to melbourne's ony B & M at the time. Which was just a counter inside a dulux paint store

1495128_10152545378043226_3122590767918947603_o.jpg

AH - the days of hard, crunchy bottles

Totally cutting edge at the time

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
20231203_192832.jpg

any thoughts on how to stop this not reverse threaded 510 slipping down?

this is part of the mod 510. Not RDA

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Plummers tape bunched above the threading where you would like it to stop?
Why would a company do that, that would be maddening?
It needs to be conductive

But yes. Grandpa from hellfire attysmith thought the pin would stop to just nicely avoid gaps. But it does slip. So I have a 2.5mm Allen key in my bag for when it happens

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a Phenom in my stash drawer - totally forgot I had it. I haven't used a squonk mod in quite awhile - sold all of mine to fund my trip down the boro rabbit hole. Figured I'd buy another mech squonk so this atty wouldn't go unused.

This mod was $50 shipped during a Ginger Vaper holiday promo. Figured it would be hard to go wrong at that price. It's a pretty good mod! And, I may have caught the squonk bug again...

IMG_8578.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a Phenom in my stash drawer - totally forgot I had it. I haven't used a squonk mod in quite awhile - sold all of mine to fund my trip down the boro rabbit hole. Figured I'd buy another mech squonk so this atty wouldn't go unused.

This mod was $50 shipped during a Ginger Vaper holiday promo. Figured it would be hard to go wrong at that price. It's a pretty good mod! And, I may have caught the squonk bug again...

View attachment 211691
I've never had a boxer. Always liked the looks, it just looks like the bottle sits so recessed it would be difficult to squonk?

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I've never had a boxer. Always liked the looks, it just looks like the bottle sits so recessed it would be difficult to squonk?
I like them too, in fact I want to buy the one in the hardware section but the guy hasn't answered my PM

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ginger has that Moonshine package, 2 with acc's for 150

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
The squonking selection is really grim at the moment.
From all the Spanish website i watch for new products i keep on seeing the same selection,the Pulse V3,a couple of Pulse V2 left and then the Tomahawk and some Wotofos.

Apart from that nothing new,at least regulated ones which are the ones i use.
Plenty of mech squonks around,even some Spanish brands that do some pretty nice ones but meh i need me a regulated squonk device.

For now it all seems to be new pod like devices and boro/aio,maybe the fad will change soon and they will start pumping out some new squonkers.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The squonking selection is really grim at the moment.
From all the Spanish website i watch for new products i keep on seeing the same selection,the Pulse V3,a couple of Pulse V2 left and then the Tomahawk and some Wotofos.

Apart from that nothing new,at least regulated ones which are the ones i use.
Plenty of mech squonks around,even some Spanish brands that do some pretty nice ones but meh i need me a regulated squonk device.

For now it all seems to be new pod like devices and boro/aio,maybe the fad will change soon and they will start pumping out some new squonkers.
I agree with ya there. Tons of mech's being done, not many regulated. I wish it was the other way around, as I only buy mech's and really need to stop buying šŸ˜« šŸ¤£

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
What are some current releases

I have until 1st March before ALL vaping and vaping products are banned without a prescription. We'll only have what doctors prescribe and pharmacies sell

Can't really recommend you any mech squonks since don't use those.
Regulated well to be honest not much to choose from,here in Spain only seen a couple of stores that have some available,Pulse V2 and V3,Tomahawk and Wotofo.
If i were you i would get some Pulse V3,they are cheap and they fine,i mean they're not high end or anything but they get the job done.
Got 3 Pulse V3 and 1 V2 in constant rotation (5k puffs each then switch to another) and so far haven't had an issues.
With the Pulse 3 the magnets of the panels might come of (bad quality glue I'm guessing) but it's not a deal breaker,drop of crazy glue and it's back to normal.

Current release when it comes to squonks there isn't anything really,all they have been releasing is AIO/Boros and pods :(

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are some current releases

I have until 1st March before ALL vaping and vaping products are banned without a prescription. We'll only have what doctors prescribe and pharmacies sell
Not really sure who you can buy from, a look around Sourcemore shows almost nothing available in mech squonkers. 2FDeal on the other hand has quite a few, many of them clones. Unfortunately I can't really provide any good recommendations since I don't own any of them. My mech squonk collection consists of older ones, several Coppervapes from back in 2016 I think, and a few of the original VV Pulse mech squonkers.

I know of a store here in the US that still has some Pulse mechs available dirt cheap, but I don't know if you can have them shipped to you. The store is called WetVapes in case you want to look into it.

I envy you for some of the amazing flora and fauna, but I hate what you have to deal with as far as the Aussie vape policies are concerned. I keep wondering if the US will go down the same idiotic path. Hopefully the almost guaranteed increase in smoking rates and black market criminal activity will cause your government to realize the stupidity of the laws that are going into effect.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Squonking has really changed

This thread title refers to squonking being the expensive, elite mods that cost more than regular mods

I guess that all the bespoke modders are making boro mods?
Nooo, not at all. SVB, Broken Ohm, Ohm Werks, Scholar mods, Shadow Mummy, Voodoo Doll, just to name a few

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with ya there. Tons of mech's being done, not many regulated. I wish it was the other way around, as I only buy mech's and really need to stop buying šŸ˜« šŸ¤£
Speaking of which, I think my desire cut has given up the ghost. A sad day

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of which, I think my desire cut has given up the ghost. A sad day
How ya been buddy? Man, that's a bummer. I was finally after all these years able to fully move off mtl and to rdl full time, so I haven't used a regulated since then.

VU Sponsors