Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try building one with 3 mm SS316L coils with them high enough to split the airflow slots.
You might be surprised. I build mine for .25 - .3 total resistance.

Ohh no wait they are pure junk just dispose of them in my direction ;)
Hmmm, I have one laying around here somewhere. Now that I no your top secret build I might try it. I actually never tried building it myself, tried it with the prebuilt, didn't care for it, put a different atty on and never thought about it again. My "just for emergencies junk" stash is a mess right now, disorganzed, But when I dig it out, if I can't get a decent vape after a build or two I'll be happy to send it your way.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, I have one laying around here somewhere. Now that I no your top secret build I might try it. I actually never tried building it myself, tried it with the prebuilt, didn't care for it, put a different atty on and never thought about it again. My "just for emergencies junk" stash is a mess right now, disorganzed, But when I dig it out, if I can't get a decent vape after a build or two I'll be happy to send it your way.
3mm dia 25Ga SS316l 10 wraps spaced is what I use in there. Air slot centered vertically on the coil. I only use the 2 top holes in the RDA deck. I also close off the airflow about 1/4 - 1/3.
also coils pretty tight on the posts vs close to the air slots.

I run about 50W with them on the Coppervapes as calculated with voltage measured at coil posts while firing.

I just looked at the prebuilt saw where the coils sat in relation to the air slots and knew why everyone said the atty was crap. And never even tried the prebuilts.
It is cheap built but can vape nice.
Kinda my style :D

Ohh and a few mm extra of wick tails in the bottom.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a shame... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I remember not too long ago it was only CE5 type tanks for Mr. Cromwell. I don't know when he made the jump to the dark side. :cloud:
Not CE5 went thu Evods and T2's though, but with rebuilt and upgraded coil assemblies.
The factory coils are crap.

But why is tilting to wick a thing again?
I thought that went out with the Stardust?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did get a Pico Squeeze kit, and truth be told I didn't think the Coral was completely awful, just nowhere near as good as many of my other bf RDAs, but still better than the dripbox 160 atty.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coral would overs quonk too easily for me.

the only eleaf stuff I have had is the IStick Basic. Not a bad little starter kit.
GA Air2 tank is not bad for a wee tank.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Showing the Toaster and the Orca a little love while grilling today!
69cfdf0235c53bcd2e3602123b558442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have that anymore, lol

I do now have an extra Challice III clone...
Thank you JL, but I already gave a couple of Chalice III authentics. For some damn reason, I'm using the Nuppins most of the time with dual tricro coils.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of these a bit unloved because the AF is too tight to suit me.
Looking for a good home for it.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...f-99-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

don't have the box but have all the parts and extras.

BB has first dibs though.
Much appreciated, but BB was on a shopping spree a few months ago, bought that and a few others, built once and put them back in the drawer. If anyone else has an interest in it, be my guest.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Much appreciated, but BB was on a shopping spree a few months ago, bought that and a few others, built once and put them back in the drawer. If anyone else has an interest in it, be my guest.
Yeah bought mine during my Squonk frenzy shopping madness spree too.
Not a bad vape just too tight on AF for me.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Authentic (China original) Gorge RDA vs. Clone (SXK) Flave.
Price not a factor, which to get? Please discuss.... :D

Here's why:
- VERY similar deck and airflow
- I HAVE a Gorge, and like it enough I was thinking of getting another - then the Flave came out
- Gorge takes a Goon/810 tip - not sure, but there may be no adapter withe the Flave
- Gorge comes with Ultem cap plus either SS or black. I have SS, would get black for #2

Basically, I don't have any "pro-Flave" points yet - but the authentic gets a LOT of rave reviews...so I thought I'd see if I'm missing anything...

upload_2017-6-25_15-11-33.png
upload_2017-6-25_15-12-13.png

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The CV attys that come with the CV's?
I like those pretty well.

I think all I have left of those are the original-original ones, that came with the Dre orders, not whatever they are sending from FT

VU Sponsors