Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tube mods

You either like them or you dont , theres sone that are in-between mech tube and regulated mod

I've still got 4 tube mods, though all are relegated to Vapocalypse stash -- 2 Sigelei Zmax flat-tops, which suit me fine because I vape at 9.5w most of the time, and 2 tube mechs, a Fallen Angel, and a Galileo, for which I also have 5 stashed Kicks, because as a low-wattage vaper, I need that regulation. But I got tired of tube mods falling over, rolling off, etc etc etc. I've used nothing but box mods since... hmm... March of 2015 I think. All regulated, of course. Since the FDA pushed back the death-knell for a couple yrs, I figured I could go ahead and join the squonk revolution... but I vape so archaically, it's been a real challenge, and still dunno for sure if I can make it work for me... though it's looking up. :)

ETA: The thing I don't get is about using a tube mod, or any other mod for that matter, as a "building stand"... how do you keep it upright and immobile while you're mounting the coil? I like Kayfun mountings, and that means the head needs to be absolutely immobilized while I'm wrapping wires tightly around tiny screws. But even with the poke-it-thru-a-hole mounting, you still need the head to be immobile. Not attached to something that will fall over from a stray breeze.

Andria

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, no! Nobody does, lol.
The pic was posted by one of the brothers that make the clear Bell caps - it's his tip, and when asked he said it was old, and maybe a gift, and he had no idea where it was from...

It's a classy lookin' mystery tip!

Love the look on that DT. @Train, do you have a link to it? Thanks.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've still got 4 tube mods, though all are relegated to Vapocalypse stash -- 2 Sigelei Zmax flat-tops, which suit me fine because I vape at 9.5w most of the time, and 2 tube mechs, a Fallen Angel, and a Galileo, for which I also have 5 stashed Kicks, because as a low-wattage vaper, I need that regulation. But I got tired of tube mods falling over, rolling off, etc etc etc. I've used nothing but box mods since... hmm... March of 2015 I think. All regulated, of course. Since the FDA pushed back the death-knell for a couple yrs, I figured I could go ahead and join the squonk revolution... but I vape so archaically, it's been a real challenge, and still dunno for sure if I can make it work for me... though it's looking up. :)

ETA: The thing I don't get is about using a tube mod, or any other mod for that matter, as a "building stand"... how do you keep it upright and immobile while you're mounting the coil? I like Kayfun mountings, and that means the head needs to be absolutely immobilized while I'm wrapping wires tightly around tiny screws. But even with the poke-it-thru-a-hole mounting, you still need the head to be immobile. Not attached to something that will fall over from a stray breeze.

Andria
I dont use tube mods to build on , same thought as you , either use the old 521 tab , or a diy stand i quickly made out of some wood id used for a vape juice bottle stand cut out multiple hole sizes from 10ml upto 150ml sizes so just used some of the left overs maybe screw in an alum atty base at some point on one of the others cheap an chearful but works ,

Now looking for M3 long BF pin for use with the Supreme v2 i know its a tank
But if can find the correct sized pin it can be RDA Sqounker ,
V2 does go RDA mode ,
And with the new single coil deck coming out soon.

Im using the prototype deck single coil , similar to wasp gorge ect,
Then next revision to arrive we asked for reduced size of airflow early ones are quite large.
b4fb06d56de51ca6ed6468a9692712ce.jpg
0d04bcd93ce9572063d6ef8a45067449.jpg
a7595e0a5ede817569f34e0d67eac352.jpg
5152438e6b2deb66c471580fd61661d7.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, no! Nobody does, lol.
The pic was posted by one of the brothers that make the clear Bell caps - it's his tip, and when asked he said it was old, and maybe a gift, and he had no idea where it was from...

It's a classy lookin' mystery tip!
Maybe it's provenance is from an ultra secret group?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use a small tip on the wasp has a slight bottom lip makes it a little more inline with it ,
Or a stupid looking long one
At least keeps inline with top cap
d9c2df3791f08ea7deb90249d5155cab.jpg
cb702a5b8d7b211a5d19aec283cd6201.jpg
760c3b6bd838c0913c2ffecabbac5db6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To funny...I don't build on my mech tubes...it was just the first thing I grabbed to pull the cap off the RDA when I got it LOL...then I just left it there as I was test fitting drip tips.

I honestly use a HCigar VT-133 to build on...

Anyhow finally found the perfect fit drip tip for the Flave 22...
7437233cccf1fa070dc383394ea9ebb5.jpg

Just had to put a slightly thicker O ring on and boom snug.

It's the stock SOI Shorty Drip Tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a bunch of coils made for this thing...have a simple coil in now, trying different air settings...have the RDA almost shut completely off with this coil...fucking going to pass out trying to take a vape lol...flavor is great...but yeah Tennis Ball > Hose lol... Think I'll slap in a .45ish fused and give that a whirl...

Ah .42 Fused N80 is working well with the AF 3/4 open...I'll finish the bottle off and see if its the same later today...then I'll move to an Alien build lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonking and vapin in general reminds me of back when I was an avid fisherman.
That new bait would just catch all the fish!
Never mind all those other baits in my tackle boxes....

And that new Graphite rod!

guess I am just a Zebco kind of squonker?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonking and vapin in general reminds me of back when I was a avid fisherman.
And the new reel on the graphite rod was so much more effective than the old reel on the fiberglass rod, and...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dammit. It seems FT split up one of my orders that contained a Gorge, Sentinel clone and Solo clone, so that the Solo clone is by itself. Looks like the Solo clone is now set to ship next day, with the Gorge's ETA as 10/14 and the Sentinel clone's ETA is 10/10. They were all supposed to ship in an estimated 7 days from last Saturday. *sigh*

Products are typically shipped in a separate package because of one or more of the following reasons:

- Some items was displayed as "ships in X days" when ordering and thus they cannot be shipped promptly
- Some of the items were rejected during pre-shipment QC check, and we're acquiring new supplies from suppliers
- The items' distributors have missed their supply schedule and thus we did not have enough stock to fulfill your order

You can expect your second package to ship within a few days, and all of your packages will ship using the same shipping service you have chosen during checkout. We'll also e-mail shipment notifications to you as each of your packages ship. Please let us know if you have questions about this arrangement. Thank you.

On the other hand, the Ample Pixy RDTA, which was listed as pre-order with an unknown ETA, is now in stock and waiting to be packaged. So hopefully, I'll have my Minion before too long.

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dammit. It seems FT split up one of my orders that contained a Gorge, Sentinel clone and Solo clone, so that the Solo clone is by itself. Looks like the Solo clone is now set to ship next day, with the Gorge's ETA as 10/14 and the Sentinel clone's ETA is 10/10. They were all supposed to ship in an estimated 7 days from last Saturday. *sigh*

Products are typically shipped in a separate package because of one or more of the following reasons:

- Some items was displayed as "ships in X days" when ordering and thus they cannot be shipped promptly
- Some of the items were rejected during pre-shipment QC check, and we're acquiring new supplies from suppliers
- The items' distributors have missed their supply schedule and thus we did not have enough stock to fulfill your order

You can expect your second package to ship within a few days, and all of your packages will ship using the same shipping service you have chosen during checkout. We'll also e-mail shipment notifications to you as each of your packages ship. Please let us know if you have questions about this arrangement. Thank you.

On the other hand, the Ample Pixy RDTA, which was listed as pre-order with an unknown ETA, is now in stock and waiting to be packaged. So hopefully, I'll have my Minion before too long.
Yep. Unless it says "in stock" or "ships next day", it's a total crapshoot.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered that Strike 18 last night... and found out this morning that china is having YET ANOTHER interminable holiday, Oct 1 to Oct 8. We have a lot of holidays over here too... WHICH LAST FOR 1 OR AT MOST 2 DAYS... NOT WHOLE FUCKING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking morons.

Andria

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the owner of ball caps group on fb, just sent me a message that he is delivering my clear caps for hadaly and Haku! So excited! Now just waiting for another batch order for a entheon and I'm all set!. Also looking to pre order fuchai squonker. It's about 55 if you pre order from 3fvape, other wise it be 75! Just a heads up ^w^

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the owner of ball caps group on fb, just sent me a message that he is delivering my clear caps for hadaly and Haku! So excited! Now just waiting for another batch order for a entheon and I'm all set!. Also looking to pre order fuchai squonker. It's about 55 if you pre order from 3fvape, other wise it be 75! Just a heads up ^w^
Bell*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Or wait for 6 months, and it'll be about $45. :giggle:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ordered that Strike 18 last night... and found out this morning that china is having YET ANOTHER interminable holiday, Oct 1 to Oct 8. We have a lot of holidays over here too... WHICH LAST FOR 1 OR AT MOST 2 DAYS... NOT WHOLE FUCKING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking morons.

Andria

Golden Week, one of 3. Relatively new thing and there's controversy about them due to the extended disruptions. Hopefully, they'll cut it out soon. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
yeah but Chinese factory workers work around 60 hours for around $70/week.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
To funny...I don't build on my mech tubes...it was just the first thing I grabbed to pull the cap off the RDA when I got it LOL...then I just left it there as I was test fitting drip tips.

I honestly use a HCigar VT-133 to build on...

Anyhow finally found the perfect fit drip tip for the Flave 22...
7437233cccf1fa070dc383394ea9ebb5.jpg

Just had to put a slightly thicker O ring on and boom snug.

It's the stock SOI Shorty Drip Tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took me forever to get a top and oring match for the Entheon! Lol definitely happier with it overall now though.
9699bea395ba036e5c5877caf2a87831.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Andria
http://www.3fvape.com/home/14542-yf...kSpringerSRTA&utm_content=edmp02#.Wc5SHt8pDgA

Saw this rda and thought of you. Idk if you've already checked it out or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Squonking and vapin in general reminds me of back when I was an avid fisherman.

And that new Graphite rod!

guess I am just a Zebco kind of squonker?

IMG_0700.JPG

TC.....
I'll bet you could machine one of these into a mech mod in no time.
Looks like there's room for two 18650s.
Detach the gears from the hand crank and you got one fine fidget spinner.
derp

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will it!? Oo!! Hmmmm lol!

That's what I always do. Only TWO things in the world for which I'm willing to have patience: 1) my son, and 2) good prices. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah but Chinese factory workers work around 60 hours for around $70/week.

Good, because given the quality of a large percentage of what they make, that's about what they're worth!

Andria

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I always do. Only TWO things in the world for which I'm willing to have patience: 1) my son, and 2) good prices. :D

Andria
I would to. But from China. I rather just order now before the holidays lol. If I order now and ships on Oct. I would be getting it in November (ish) and right on time before dealing with my folks for the holidays lol!

VU Sponsors