Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coppervape is quite adjustable, use pliers to hold the stem and use a screwdriver to twist it up or down

Pico is self adjustable

Ahh now I see how people break their 510 pin....

but the 510 pin being screwed down all the way is what makes a good connection to the battery strap....

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like @The Cromwell said, but then again, if you loose the little fucker in the first couple of weeks (like I did), you have nothing to worry about....errr, as long as you make sure the bottle stays in place.
I keep wondering how it gets lost though.I mean I know it falls off at the drop of a hint.But wouldn't it wind up in your pocket/jacket/purse/whatever???

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm maybe I'll pass on it then.Especially since I just spotted a Council of Vapor Wraith for $31.I'm seriously wondering which has worse door issues.
The Wraith is not that bad if:
. make sure you hold it upside down (door facing up) when you open the door, otherwise both the bottle and the battery fall out,
. press the door down before sliding it closed.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep wondering how it gets lost though.I mean I know it falls off at the drop of a hint.But wouldn't it wind up in your pocket/jacket/purse/whatever???
You would think that is the case, I found it in my pocket several times. The little piece of crap must have fallen as I was taking the mod out of the jacket pocket.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Wraith is not that bad if:
. make sure you hold it upside down (door facing up) when you open the door, otherwise both the bottle and the battery fall out,
. press the door down before sliding it closed.
And click bang there she goes in the cart...Well as soon as I talk to the wife.I'm supposed to be in (MOD/DEVICE JAIL) until January.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more I see that Kanger DripBox the more tempted I get to buy 1.
Does it have any issues I should be aware of?
You already heard the magnetic door complaint. The screws holding in the top can come loose. If they do, the switch can be shoved up enough (or the housing shived down enough) to cause it to autofire. Easy fix... tighten the screws, but still a flaw...

Honestly, the Pico Squeeze is a better choice, unless you're needing the replaceable coil heads. And, then, the Kanger atty is better than the Eleaf atty, and most other atties are better than either of those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doubly removed.
All links for it have been removed from my bookmarks.
The Wraith is better than the DripBox 2 anyway.

The DB2 has battery meter issues where it shows less than the actual battery level. Which is no big deal, but the mod starts to cut back on power based on the false battery level. Easy fix with firmware but we will never see a firmware update even though Kanger provides the update utility.

I'm amazed how close the VooPoo config program is to the Kanger version. I'd say that the chip in the DripBox 2 is a first gen Gene chip.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahh now I see how people break their 510 pin....

but the 510 pin being screwed down all the way is what makes a good connection to the battery strap....

Could be - mine have worked just fine and all are over a year old and well used and been adjusted a time or two

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be - mine have worked just fine and all are over a year old and well used and been adjusted a time or two
Never needed to adjust mine. Except for a couple of attys which remain in the unloved atty category mine fit fine.

WAIT! that adjustment procedure was not in My Coppervape owners manual.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a manual???
Oh yeah, I guess that was why it was not in the not a manual....

but seriously I do not think the CV 510 is designed to be adjustable.
I suppose you could put an extra Oring under it and reassemble it to raise it up?
But I do not consider that adjustable.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah, I guess that was why it was not in the not a manual....

but seriously I do not think the CV 510 is designed to be adjustable.
I suppose you could put an extra Oring under it and reassemble it to raise it up?
But I do not consider that adjustable.

I do, they may have changed the 510s they use now, but mine has a slot for a flathead

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do, they may have changed the 510s they use now, but mine has a slot for a flathead
Mine does too but it is just to tighten the 510 pin up in the bottle tube fitting and clamp all the parts in between.

the threads on the 510 pin only screw into the bottle tube fitting. Nothing else holds it all together.

Now if the 510 pin screwed into something else in the 510 base it would be adjustable. You could adjust it's height and then tighten up the bottle tube clapoing the insulator and the battery strap in place making a good connection.

I have no idea on the V2 CV, I have the V1. At least that is the repair kit that fits it. I thought that only the buttons were different?

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You already heard the magnetic door complaint. The screws holding in the top can come loose. If they do, the switch can be shoved up enough (or the housing shived down enough) to cause it to autofire. Easy fix... tighten the screws, but still a flaw...

Honestly, the Pico Squeeze is a better choice, unless you're needing the replaceable coil heads. And, then, the Kanger atty is better than the Eleaf atty, and most other atties are better than either of those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I've already removed said item from my (Squonk List) as well as removed all links for it as well...Cheers!

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my second pulse today. Not sure why people like the Athena better. I'm not getting any real voltage sag. I did the DJSB pinch on the lock and they are both fine. I changed the bottles on both (I like a soft bottle but the one it comes with is way too soft so I used my black ones). One pulse has the new VandyVape mesh RTA and the other the Solo (obviously Solo is better but the VandyVape is a true squonk rta).

My next purchase is going to be the Fuchai and I'm going to put a B2K on top. I have one put aside for me by the maker. Life has been good to me lately. I'm gaping on my Qgenny as I type

qgenny.png

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The more I see that Kanger DripBox the more tempted I get to buy 1.
Does it have any issues I should be aware of?
On the DB2? Just the high cell cutoff making for frequent battery changes and the TC being somewhere in the range of bad to useless. The bottle door has somewhat weak magnets too.

Price is pretty good though.

Still think the Aleader Killer 80W BF looks much better for the money.

Edit: see you're not interested in it anymore. Oh well.

Last edited:

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ft and 3F have some different color options from each other. FT claims ships in 3 days, 3F says 3-7 days and has extra bottles for $2

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10037989/9456702

http://www.3fvape.com/search?contro...orderway=desc&search_query=Aleader+Killer+80W

Same chip as the Funky 160, so reviews of that should help.
While looking at the different colors of that I saw this thing below.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10037989/8249701

Now that looks like a nice little mod/device.Yeah I know it ain't a squonk.
But it does look very pretty.Too bad knowing my luck I'd end up with that super yucky looking yellow 1.

8249701-2.jpg

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found the Wasp and with the right build need to look no farther.

Too cheap for many reviewers to even review it though it seems....
Could you please show a pic of what you are running in your wasp. I'm getting decent flavor but it's a whistling little mf'r!

Edit:sorry I just caught up and did see you posted what you're running in it. I am not using a drip tip and will try that as well.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine does too but it is just to tighten the 510 pin up in the bottle tube fitting and clamp all the parts in between.

the threads on the 510 pin only screw into the bottle tube fitting. Nothing else holds it all together.

Now if the 510 pin screwed into something else in the 510 base it would be adjustable. You could adjust it's height and then tighten up the bottle tube clapoing the insulator and the battery strap in place making a good connection.

I have no idea on the V2 CV, I have the V1. At least that is the repair kit that fits it. I thought that only the buttons were different?
I read somewhere that there's a washer in the spares for making the 510 higher. Obviously this would only raise the 510 a small amount though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read somewhere that there's a washer in the spares for making the 510 higher. Obviously this would only raise the 510 a small amount though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes I have also read this. Never tried it but even if so I do not view that as an 'adjustable' 510. Not if you have to disassemble and reassemble to 'adjust'.
Again I have no problem with the non adjustable 510's on the CV or the Kangers.
Only things that stick up any on mine are the attys I have that are designed for hybrid mods with a very protruding 510.
Since I will not own a hybrid I just shortened the 510 pin on the atty and all was well :)

have never had an atty that was too short to make connection in the non adjustable 510's.
Maybe a problem with some authentics as my clones seem to work fine? :)

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just purchased my first unregulated squonker. Decided to go with the Pulse. For whoever has this, what was the first build did you go with?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used a solo with a micro clapton at around .8 ohm. Depends on your arty. My second pulse has Ni80 mesh in the vandyvape rda.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think I have figured out my preferred kit. The CopperVape mod, NaRDA (clones), Gorge, Goon (clones). Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Gorge and very much so, yet for me the NaRDA does a bit better. I might pick up an Odis V2 clone and give it a try. Wife keeps insisting I blow myself up with two coils and not one.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
B2K atty group buy going on in Squonk ‘Merica $75 shipped in CONUS... comes with an ultem, black, white, and clear caps (all four). Also comes with matching 24mm beauty rings for each and both 510 and 810 drips tips to match for all the caps. Screamin deal if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So biught a menthol juice from Essex (I know lol) it's called cool menthol. I like it, but with one issue. It has this interesting husky after tasting in a way. What do you guys recommend for pure menthol! Lol

VU Sponsors