Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can anyone identify this one?
I found it on Pinterest but no information.
It's gorgeous!

325110d3623402da03897f92f14f2796.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

yeah, thats real nice. therre are a shit ton of nice mods on Pinterest.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice!

That's the Carbon right? Interested in your thoughts on it.
I'll be posting up a review. Initial thoughts.... looks and feels better than the regular dual. Chip is a cheap yihi with minimal functions and more confusing than the dovpo chip. Display is a little prettier, but it is kind of cluttered.

With time...I will get used to the chip. Will also look into yihi software and see if there are some changes that can be made to the screen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know its not a hugely popular squonker and has some issues, but 8vape (yeah another non-popular) has the Drone for $45

https://www.eightvape.com/collectio...-drone-bf-dna250c-squonk-mod?sscid=c1k3_me17a

Even if you don't use it as a squonker... doubt you will find a 250C mod for much cheaper... food for thought.

Edit:

and the Sig fuchai squonker... yeah another so so mod, but $6

https://www.everzon.com/sigelei-fuchai-squonk-213-mod.html?sscid=c1k3_me3sh&
The Drone may not be popular but I love mine. Lot of bitching about the door coming a little loose when squonking but I say get over it. Great DNA250C mod.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Drone may not be popular but I love mine. Lot of bitching about the door coming a little loose when squonking but I say get over it. Great DNA250C mod.

I only read the rumors on this mod... I prefer < 30w on squonks, so this device never made it to consideration.

But at that price, its pretty much giving it away... the Chip costs more ;)

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i have an amber(its not ultem) Drone. pretty freak'n nice if you ask me. that price is a steel !
if you don't like big mods = forgetabboutit.

i have 2 of the fuchai on the way. it got good enough reveiws for a cheap beater. $12 eaxch with shipping

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TG Value Vape also has Drones for $40 (Only 5 bucks shipping).

I wasn't planning on ordering one. I'm not really into TC vaping. Still, I've always wanted a DNA mod. For something that usually costs over a hundred dollars, the temptation was too much. I finally caved and ended up ordering one (from TGVV).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*stumbles up to podium, clears throat* My name is Joe, I am a squonk-a-holic but recently I'm being tempted by that foul religion of dripping. Here's why, ...

Squonking away when suddenly I experience juicy hand. i look over my mod a coppervape of aluminum material. it looks fine. I check the squonk bottle. There seems a nick in the lip of the bottle. I use a lighter to melt the nick back to shape and think my problem is solved.

No such luck. I then double check the squonk bottle and find it is nearly decapitated from the crook of its shoulder to its neck. There is no lighter welding that back shut. So, I go looking for the extra special coppervape squonk bottles I got. It turns out I'm cursed from that moving incident.

All my special bottles are in storage. So, I ask my BIL if he has any spare ten ml bottles. He gets me 4 that are wider than the opening for a bottle in the coppervape. Not having foresight, I had already mixed a batch in a bottle. Woe I was for all of two seconds. I recalled my Gorge has a dripping pin, out comes the squonk pin and in goes the drip pin.

So now, I've been dripping this evening using my coppervape as a standard mech for dripping. I was even tempted to go buy a dripping mech mod. I'm telling you it's a sad day for squonking if ever you get juicy hand.

Let my tale resonate as a cautionary one. While at it, squonk a round for me.

*steps away from podium and moves to the back of the Holy Squonk church to sit in shame*

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
*stumbles up to podium, clears throat* My name is Joe, I am a squonk-a-holic but recently I'm being tempted by that foul religion of dripping. Here's why, ...

Squonking away when suddenly I experience juicy hand. i look over my mod a coppervape of aluminum material. it looks fine. I check the squonk bottle. There seems a nick in the lip of the bottle. I use a lighter to melt the nick back to shape and think my problem is solved.

No such luck. I then double check the squonk bottle and find it is nearly decapitated from the crook of its shoulder to its neck. There is no lighter welding that back shut. So, I go looking for the extra special coppervape squonk bottles I got. It turns out I'm cursed from that moving incident.

All my special bottles are in storage. So, I ask my BIL if he has any spare ten ml bottles. He gets me 4 that are wider than the opening for a bottle in the coppervape. Not having foresight, I had already mixed a batch in a bottle. Woe I was for all of two seconds. I recalled my Gorge has a dripping pin, out comes the squonk pin and in goes the drip pin.

So now, I've been dripping this evening using my coppervape as a standard mech for dripping. I was even tempted to go buy a dripping mech mod. I'm telling you it's a sad day for squonking if ever you get juicy hand.

Let my tale resonate as a cautionary one. While at it, squonk a round for me.

*steps away from podium and moves to the back of the Holy Squonk church to sit in shame*
Use a Pulse BF bottle for that Coppervape. Perfect diameter.
Leave the OG Coppervape bottle cap attached to the bottom of the 510.
Pull the silicone tube out of the Pulse BF bottle and snake the Coppervape silicone tube in the Pulse BF cap.
Trim to fit and enjoy!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use a Pulse BF bottle for that Coppervape. Perfect diameter.
Leave the OG Coppervape bottle cap attached to the bottom of the 510.
Pull the silicone tube out of the Pulse BF bottle and snake the Coppervape silicone tube in the Pulse BF cap.
Trim to fit and enjoy!

Would that I could. *chuckles* I got no pulse vape, or bottles for that type. As I said, got some bottles specific for the CV. Trouble is I put them into storage this last time we moved. Did not figure I would need them as soon as I now have needed them. Not quite sure what I thought, if I even did. *chuckles*

It'll work out. I'm sure it will. If I need to drip a bit that's fine. I do have a DovePo Topside Lite regulated squonker on the way. I also have a Kennedy Vindicator mechanical dripping mod on the way as well. Also, a CV atty, royal DB and another Oumier Wasp Nano (a translucent top cap and drip tip) heading in too. I spent too much I think but there again it was Christmas and I don't often buy myself much for vaping gear. Also got a new ohm meter, which is probably the only thing aside from squonk tubing I needed.

I've also put my balls down to my wife. *ahem* To whit I told her the next time we move will be the last time we move, so she better be damn sure we get "our home" and we'll be able to keep up on a mortgage.

She looked dumb founded which for her says a great deal. Then she replied, "you're right and damn, my husband has balls!" I told her I let her carry them in her purse because they get heavy. She chuckled and got me back good.

Still she did agree and understood that I'm tired of having to move here or there. Every time she waits to last minute, I get rushed, stuff goes missing. Not so much being attached to stuff but the conflict it bears out gets tiring.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah. moving is a love/hate ordeal. hopefully love the new place. hate getting there. when we moved here, i had 2 memory sticcks with pics on them. put them in a super safe place where they would not get lost, or "grow legs". i have yet to find them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah. moving is a love/hate ordeal. hopefully love the new place. hate getting there. when we moved here, i had 2 memory sticcks with pics on them. put them in a super safe place where they would not get lost, or "grow legs". i have yet to find them.

Well we're back in an "old" place. Hoping it'll only be temporary as in soon after Feb. we'll be making for our "own".

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well we're back in an "old" place. Hoping it'll only be temporary as in soon after Feb. we'll be making for our "own".

MMM, i sure do hope things work out well for you and the Mrs's. i wish you both good luck and smooth sailing :).

when we retire, we are probably going to be doing the same as you = smaller'ish town with great value in homes and land.
round here, shit is just so expensive compared to what you said you were looking for.

i am now squonking, so here is to you and the Mrs's

20191227_095109.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some bits for the Malu, silver mech kit installed
Extra bomber pro, couple Taifun PTFE tips, ultem button, and an authentic Tiberian Mulciber RDA, I picked up just before Xmas,
Got hit with 40£ import cost on the few bits I got from Vapes by enushi as well,
But there service was pretty good,
33046e31c8d2cc73da166b0b1ad7aff8.jpg
4708841a48583f9f702b11acf65b19f0.jpg
ee954183434f3e2ff958b8d842f1e5a1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MMM, i sure do hope things work out well for you and the Mrs's. i wish you both good luck and smooth sailing :).

when we retire, we are probably going to be doing the same as you = smaller'ish town with great value in homes and land.
round here, shit is just so expensive compared to what you said you were looking for.

i am now squonking, so here is to you and the Mrs's

Well thank you for the squonking. :)

Here in our rural area we could find 3 to 5 acres with a modest house on it for around $30K, it is a good likelihood. We could also possibly get more land, better quality house for a bit more toward the $50K range. Her grandfather told her one day he could build her a nice two story farm house for around $25k. Gave that a very long thinking and realized he's correct. Sure build the house, that would be it though just the house built.

He helped do it up the way for our neighbors, Tim & Julie. The house still stands in good shape to this day too. They raised two or three boys in it and she ran the farm, he went out and worked as an electrician until he bought a company making and selling electrical equipment for electric companies. Know they're worth well over a million each. To be around them, down to Earth good folks.

I don't look for smooth sailing. Well aware life gives you ups and downs like tides. Think we can manage, well don't think it, know it. The biggest stress and issue for us currently is we're not in our own. And we have seen that's what we need too. We're just the sort what are independent like that. We want to live our lives. Whereas her sister and BIL have never left a nest with mommy & daddy close at hand. Sure, it's great to love family and all. Still, there comes a point when you know, "hey, I need away from this to be myself, make my own mistakes, live my own life." I guess that's never came for her sis & BIL though. Nah, rather use up their own then mommy & daddy's too.

I'm thankful for help, grateful as well. i mean nothing against getting help to a point. It is a good thing. It is also good if you try helping yourself too, others if and where you can. What I strongly dislike is people freeloading, people tearing others down for their own gain or just to tear down. I see no point in any of that. Maybe I am broken and fouled up since birth but it seems I at least got some bit of sense to myself, or so I'm told. Yep, my disability is I'm sane in an insane world. *chuckles*

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have a favor to ask:
I need a new set of contacts and 510 for another older mech squonker.
Does anyone know of a vendor that takes the PayPal?
I'm preparing for the end times.
Thank you

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you are willing to wait, ModMaker in England totally takes PayPal - if you use the cheap shipping option, it takes about a month, but is very reasonable

Most European sites like ModDog do also

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pulse 80W's are $20.25 at Flawless Vape Shop. Code: "Hareware10" I think. I've never had any of those Pulse mods. That price is tempting.

VU Sponsors