Become a Patron!

Staggered fused clapton vs. Alien clapton coils for flavor

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everybody! I got some of both staggered fused or alien coils. What coil is better for flavor? Also what inner diameter should I go with? Thanks!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everybody! I got some of both staggered fused or alien coils. What coil is better for flavor? Also what inner diameter should I go with? Thanks!
Alien has slightly better flavor than fused. For diameter, use what ever will fit in your atty. I'll use 3mm or 2.5mm depending on available space

I use staggered fused claptons in all my rda's. I love them but I have never been able to build an alien coil as the 3 cores bundle together on me and dealing with the tension on the outer wire... :-( I can wrap multiple feet of fused clapton and staggered fused clapton without overlapping wire. And the flavor between both the staggered fused and fused bring out different nodes from the juice. Anyways I also am wondering the benefits of the alien coil and it's flavor as compared to the sfc.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do the staggered fused guzzle juice?

Sent from my BLU DASH M using Tapatalk

A normal Kanthol build can even "guzzle" juice if you vape it at high wattages.

Alien claptons, more intense flavor & plumes for sure. Trying the same juice in different builds are a good way to get different notes.

I have built a lot of fused Clapton different wire gauges different number of wraps but I never get really good flavor what am I doing wrong. They take too long to heat up and just no flAvor. My go to build is dual coil 28g ni80 10 wraps .8 ohm.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have built a lot of fused Clapton different wire gauges different number of wraps but I never get really good flavor what am I doing wrong. They take too long to heat up and just no flAvor. My go to build is dual coil 28g ni80 10 wraps .8 ohm.
SS 30x2/36 is my go to, at times I do 32x2/38, depends on the deck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Try a series unregulated box mod or a noisy cricket. My go to is a staggered fused Clapton 28g×2 ni80 wrapped with 34g ni80. Dual coil 10 wraps 2.5mm diameter. Comes out to .35ohms. In my petri v2 the flavor is amazing. If anyone is looking for a good rda for flavor I strongly recommend the petri v2

VU Sponsors