STARTING SEPT 1

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I texted my sister just a few days ago and told her she needs to be ready and gave her a link. She calls her go to vendor, RedStar and they told her everything is going to be fine. Yes, RedStar is gospel to her. I again sent her links to info here in the VU. She writes (in summary), "Hmmm. I'll have to read that. But I'm doing so much housework Yada-yada and I get to paint cute things for my garden tomorrow...". She's always lived in her own bubble where the world is like candy land.

I AIN'T GIVING HER SHIT of my stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no real idea where that vendors seem to think there will not be an issue...
heck 1 on here even said that PMTA was a good thing....

imho vendors have by and large failed their customers both online and vape shops too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure are a Shit Load of Sales going on and basically many Vendors are telling the FDA TGFT.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing is that juice sales is /was a big profit item and they do not want customers switching to DIY while they can still be sold juice....
Just a thought... Pretty certain it is somehow based on profit though.
They are of course in to to make money not to take care of us.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are of course in to to make money not to take care of us.

Which seems counter intuitive. For all the talk of the customer supporting the business, without the customer there's no business. So if business does not "take care of" customers how could business hope to thrive?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which seems counter intuitive. For all the talk of the customer supporting the business, without the customer there's no business. So if business does not "take care of" customers how could business hope to thrive?
For the most part the US vape business has been in a make all the money you can before it gets shut down mode since before 8-8-2016.
Which is understandable from their viewpoint.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For the most part the US vape business has been in a make all the money you can before it gets shut down mode since before 8-8-2016.
Which is understandable from their viewpoint.

Perhaps, if money is/was the core motivator. Everyone desires being happy. Unfortunate tor all that making a fortune in money, seems the only way to achieve happiness for some.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I spent a bit of some jingle today and yesterday.. when does this purported happiness kick in? :p

If you are able to stock up, do it now!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't much believe anything I see on the internet however too many people said that the government is going to make it harder to get anything that they can't make money on and the tobacco industry is paying for the ride. I started buying what I could afford in 2016. The government don't give a fuck about the people. They have made that very clear.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If I had not found this place I would be dead about 4 years from smoking. VIVA VU !!!

AND, Thanks for GIVING us this wondrous place where we can meet, shop, and share information with like-minded others!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the true of the matter is that most vendors have failed us in there zeal of leave it to Makers. rather than join forces much like what happened across the pond... we started to but all to late especially when you have to have all those seperate groups with there own version of the "agenda" but the biggest factor of why we are in what boat we are in is the back pockets of big tobacoo and the upper class just dont care how they keep us in place. those in power got scared when they saw Vaping was taking away from there pockets. to them it does not matter that it works and is safer by a large margin all that matters to them is they were lossing money... now they wont be lossing as much in the long term since most uninformed will simply buy what they can from were they can and that will always feed money to those in power.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is VU going locked down members-view-only soon?

As is, anyone can scrape stuff and use our resources for witchhunts later.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The FDA has clearly stated that they have been and will continue to scan social media for Deeming regs violators.

Locking down VU would be a death knell I assume. And unless using GOOD VPN all traffic can still be seen/read by those in control. Just filter on the ip.
There is virtually no privacy on the net.

I used to work data centers....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is virtually no privacy on the net.

Well, people could start using encryption. That could ensure some level of privacy. Add in random salted hashing of messages, data, files and you could keep a higher level of privacy. Of course, these are not means that most people would choose using. They could be used feasibly, perhaps not on a public forum, but communications could be arranged privately.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The govt does regulate encrypted net traffic to an extent.
Encryption of over a certain number of bits is prohibited I think.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The govt does regulate encrypted net traffic to an extent.
Encryption of over a certain number of bits is prohibited I think.

It's not nit sizes but rather the software used to encrypt which is regulated. An elliptical 256 bit AES key can lock stuff down fairly well. So far courts hold that one does not need to give up pass phrases, or access codes for keys. This supports the fourth amendment.

VU Sponsors