Become a Patron!

Steeping for DIY liquid!!

FLTim

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't see a lot of traffic here but I can share my trick with steeping.

I spent 30 bucks US and bought a sweet little ultrasound cleaner. If I buy or mix, it's great, If I buy a juice I do this:

1 empty the juice/mix into an open top beaker ( I use Pyrex glass types) with the level an inch or so to keep it from spilling and making a mess. The larger the quantity the more cooking time and decreases the quality of the juice. Fluid levels can rise markedly while temperatures also increase. On my unit I usually use my 250cc glass beaker and make about 100-130cc at a time. My timer goes to 30 minutes so I normally do 30min cycles. With the fluid in the bath pretty much the same as the job being processed.
Usually doing this with fresh purchase of complete juices will begin immediately after 2 30 minute sessions to show improvement. I never stopped at 2 yet lol because it just gets better with each trip through the bath.

If I am working with my home mixes I do this a couple times then let it sit uncovered for a few hours then repeat the next day.
That's all there is to it. I could have bought a cheaper US cleaner but I wanted one made in the US but I couldn't find any. Cheers

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't see a lot of traffic here but I can share my trick with steeping.

I spent 30 bucks US and bought a sweet little ultrasound cleaner. If I buy or mix, it's great, If I buy a juice I do this:

1 empty the juice/mix into an open top beaker ( I use Pyrex glass types) with the level an inch or so to keep it from spilling and making a mess. The larger the quantity the more cooking time and decreases the quality of the juice. Fluid levels can rise markedly while temperatures also increase. On my unit I usually use my 250cc glass beaker and make about 100-130cc at a time. My timer goes to 30 minutes so I normally do 30min cycles. With the fluid in the bath pretty much the same as the job being processed.
Usually doing this with fresh purchase of complete juices will begin immediately after 2 30 minute sessions to show improvement. I never stopped at 2 yet lol because it just gets better with each trip through the bath.

If I am working with my home mixes I do this a couple times then let it sit uncovered for a few hours then repeat the next day.
That's all there is to it. I could have bought a cheaper US cleaner but I wanted one made in the US but I couldn't find any. Cheers

Thanks you for the post Tim.
I have a question if you don't mind.
What type of ultrasonic cleaner do you have?
Does it vibrate only or is there heat settings as well?
Thank you in advance. :wave:

FLTim

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks you for the post Tim.
I have a question if you don't mind.
What type of ultrasonic cleaner do you have?
Does it vibrate only or is there heat settings as well?
Thank you in advance. :wave:

It's not exactly Harbor Freight as the name implies lol

ULTRASONIC CLEANER
GB-928
and the timer display are on the front and the label on the bottom says:
MODEL. 928
POWER. 60w
CAPACITY. 1400ml
AC 110V-60Hz
No indication anywhere about where or when it was made.
The unit gets warm as it runs and mine has gotten very warm when pushed too hard.

Hope you enjoy

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
only one taste ok..others are worst
Ahh ok. All trial and error but you never know unless you try things. I've tried so many mix experiments over the course of vaping with more fails than wins. But the wins I reckon made up for all the failed attempts for sure as I have things that I know now when I mix are things I like. Poured numerous ones out and have no doubt will do in the future still. But its great when you try and get a winner. :)

eamonlee

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
yes sure, never know if you don't try, I will keep it for longer time and see more results.

FLTim

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahh ok. All trial and error but you never know unless you try things. I've tried so many mix experiments over the course of vaping with more fails than wins. But the wins I reckon made up for all the failed attempts for sure as I have things that I know now when I mix are things I like. Poured numerous ones out and have no doubt will do in the future still. But its great when you try and get a winner. :)

Yep, sounds like you're a born talent ! I have wasted so much vg and flavoring it actually is funny. Things can be mouth watering in my head and taste so badly in my atty. Rinse and repeat as necessary hahaha.
Cheers

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I prefer the good old shake n vape recipes, though some flavors demand steeping. It really bums me out to wait a month or so for an exciting mix to be done steeping, only to find out a mistake was made. Or it comes out fantastic and then I have to wait another month or so for a new batch to be done.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see a Problem with how you are aging or infusing youe e-Liquids @eamonlee and that is all the air in the containers for one. Also you should start with Smaller amounts when experimenting like 1015 MLs.

I have found what works best for me is to submerge my new mixes in a simple Hot Water bath and shake everytime I replace the water. The heat/cool excites the Molecules and they infuse faster although some flavors need time to complete just because of what they are. Works for me~! Good Luck

PS. I only Steep a cup of tea..............

eamonlee

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
yeap, steeping is a problem. for now, I think I do still not find the perfect flavor yet, bad luck for me,
I prefer the good old shake n vape recipes, though some flavors demand steeping. It really bums me out to wait a month or so for an exciting mix to be done steeping, only to find out a mistake was made. Or it comes out fantastic and then I have to wait another month or so for a new batch to be done.

eamonlee

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I see a Problem with how you are aging or infusing youe e-Liquids @eamonlee and that is all the air in the containers for one. Also you should start with Smaller amounts when experimenting like 1015 MLs.

I have found what works best for me is to submerge my new mixes in a simple Hot Water bath and shake everytime I replace the water. The heat/cool excites the Molecules and they infuse faster although some flavors need time to complete just because of what they are. Works for me~! Good Luck

PS. I only Steep a cup of tea..............
Yes, notice that all bath with air, i should try with a smaller bottle, steeping waste time and i do still not fin the flavor i want, its only first step but already make me sick,, still have to do the extraction.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, notice that all bath with air, i should try with a smaller bottle, steeping waste time and i do still not fin the flavor i want, its only first step but already make me sick,, still have to do the extraction.

Well being your first time chalk it up to a learning experience and like I said start smaller. Even an expensive lesson is a lesson learned for those who will succeed~! Good Luck~!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have found that you can speed up infusion by soaking the E_Liquids in a Hot Water Bath. Never over 150°F or the Nicotine will degrade and Oxidize. This practice can turn 4 to 7 days into 4-5 hours or so depends on of course the flavor.

VU Sponsors