Become a Patron!

Still Can't Decide

JamesV

Member For 4 Years
So I chose my DNA 200 box, Efusion by Lost Vapes. BUT, I still can't decide between the IPV5 or thr Wismec/JayBo RX200. Which one hits harder and has better power delivery, and delivers the power the fastest . Along with which ones temp control works the best and smoothest. I'd love to here from owners of both and each one on these devices. An i do run 140-200 with my seigeli moonshot, velocity, an Mutation x4, and Archon. I love having a nice set of mods to switch between. But I've already spent a fair amount so I'd buy both but my two DNA 200 purchases, are making me pikc between the two. iPV5 or RX200. So which ones should I get guys?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the Efusion! Very nice. I have handled both (don't own either), but not being a P4U fan, I was really impressed with the IPV5. Solid, easy to navigate, and looks awesome. The RX200 is a great performer also, so just depends if you need the battery life of a 3 18650 device. Might go down the local shop and get a close up look at both.

Burke

Member For 4 Years
Ive had my ipv5 for a little over a week now, and absolutely love it. There is no lag when you press the fire button. The tc works extremely well with 316L ss in my griffin rta.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both and prefer the IPV5, it works the best as far as delivering the power the fastest. You can't go wrong with either one though and if you are planning on firing higher than 150 watts than the 3 bat RX200 is a better choice over any 2 bat mod IMO.

The RX200 also has a upgrade advantage over the IPV5 as well, Wismec/joytech has a advantage there over P4Y since they seem to be more proactive in that regard.

As an owner of both I do find myself using the IPV5 more than the RX200 though, I really like the memory settings and it tends to perform a little better at my preferred watts between 25 to 65 watts.

JamesV

Member For 4 Years
Ahhh.. You guys are no help to my gear addiction. So I'll be expecting a black rx200 with another black griffen. Buuuut, also a blue ipv5 with a third griffin, though stainless to go with the ipv5. An while gathering all this in my cart. I see the Hastur RDTA by Chulutu RDTA with velocity deck that looks huge, so I had to get that too I just couldn't get that too!!!

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different strokes for different folks, but rx200 all day long imo.

Unless you're running around all day vaping at 15 watts, the extra runtime from that 3rd 18650 is going to prove to be handy. Plus, if you do decide to run builds with more mass that require a shit ton of power to work effectively you'll have a true 200 watts available, and for a far longer time than a dual battery mod. The rx form factor is awesome in the hand as well, unless you've got baby mitts, and actually uses the space necessary for that 3rd cell to it's advantage with the resulting diamond shape.

The ipv5 is nice as well, and many people are content with the capabilities of a dual battery mod, so chances are it'll work fine for you too. Forget about upgradability though. Even if it's capable, p4u won't bother offering continued support or new features. (Still no ss or adjustable tcr for any previous p4u mods like ipv3li) Still remains to be seen if the 5 will be as bulletproof as other p4u mods like the 3 li, or as loved as the d2/3...or universally hated a few months after launch like most of p4u's other offerings.

I own twice as many p4u mods as wismec, but if I had to buy another one tomorrow it would be another rx200. Preferably in red.

JamesV

Member For 4 Years
Mbecause the man thing is imI have a x cube II. I hat the fire button and there's quite a long delay better it fite the coil, tank coil or rda. An I want something thay hits like a freight train. But I a regulated box. My dna dog this. Bit I want a cheaper mod for work and going out that is close to the same resposne time and still have sa, ni, and Ti temp control with straight up wattage mode.

JamesV

Member For 4 Years
Hehe I have a the great wall of tanks and mods. i'd like to have to fo with each griffen and also use the dna 200 to switch between griffen, moonshot and the Hastur

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely love my RX200; battery life out the wahzoo, lots of functionality, great form factor and priced within anyone's budget. That being said, I got a chance to play with and actually vape on the IPV5 over the weekend and it's pretty sweet. I breifly held one a couple weeks ago and thought it was nice but after having a chance you use one, I was sold on it. As much as I love my RX, I'd probably go with the IPV5.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the IPV5 has a faster ramp up then the RX200 and all my other mods with the same tank and wattage. I notice the biggest difference with the Crown tank but I just took my Stentorian Steam Engine off the Stout and on to the IPV5 and at the same watts it is hitting nicer. It is not a night and day difference but the difference is noticeable to me, I can take shorter hits to produce the same clouds and it also helps to keep my tank cooler.

I really love the memory settings as well, I can go from 35 watts to 55 watts with 5 up button clicks. I have mine set at 35 watts on memory 1 and 5 watt increments for the next 4 memory slots.

VU Sponsors