Become a Patron!

STOP BEING AN IDIOT STOP BLOWING YOUR MOD UP!

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My boss told me i cant have my vapes at work because he saw yet another DA blow them selves up. and he assumes im going to be just as stupid. Unlike most people i actually do research also i have been fully aware of battery safety for a very long time. Electronic circuitry is my hobby. You idiots are making things difficult for the people who actually DO know what they are doing.
DO NOT PUT BATTERIES IN YOUR POCKET SPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE OTHER METAL OBJECTS IN THAT POCKET

DO NOT KEEP TRYING TO USE A BATTERY IF ITS LOW ON CHARGE IF ITS GOING DEAD GO CHARGE IT

DO NOT KEEP FIRING YOUR MOD IF THE BATTERIES ARE GETTING WARM BE PATIENT AND LET THEM COOL.

WHEN BUYING A BATTERY EVEN IF IT COSTS MORE GET THE PROPPER BATTERY FOR THE BUILD YOU ARE USING.
IF YOU DONT KNOW THEN ASK SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW FOR GOD SAKE THERES VAPOR SHOPS EVERYWHERE.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW YOUR MOD UP ATLEAST DO IT NEAR YOUR FACE SO WE WONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR KIND.

USE COMMON SENSE I AM TIRED OF SUFFERING BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO POSSES A THOUGHT PROCESS.

NOW THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ADDING ALL KINDS OF REGULATIONS TO MODS.
REGULATIONS THAT ARE A PAIN IN THE @$! AND ARE NOT NEEDED IF YOU WOULD JUST USE YOUR BRAIN!!
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING THEN GET ON GOOGLE AND DO SOME RESEARCH ABOUT BATTERY SAFETY.
LITHIUM BATTERIES OF ANY KIND ARE DANGEROUS SO STOP BEING STUPID WITH THEM.

IF YOU ARE USING A USB RECHARGABLE MOD THEN MAKE SURE YOU USE THE APPROPRIATE CHARGER.

RESEARCH YOUR MOD IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT CHARGING INPUT IT TAKES.

IF YOU CANT FIND IT THEN DONT USE THAT MOD. MOST CHARGERS HAVE THE VOLT AND AMP RATING PRINTED ON THEM
IF IT DOESNT THEN DONT USE THAT CHARGER.

SO PLEASE I BEG OF YOU DONT BE AN IDIOT!!!
My boss made me watch a video today this dudes leg got messed up because he had his batteries in his pocket along side his keys REALLY?? F'N REALLY??? So who else is getting pissed with these types of morons?

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Break 'er up into paragraphs please. When I see a wall of CAPS text, I tend to wait.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Break 'er up into paragraphs please. When I see a wall of CAPS text, I tend to wait.
Better? Lol the caps section is more geared towards dumbies. Im sure you know your battery safety so the caps really wouldnt pertain to you. So how do you feel about these idiots blowing themselves up?

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's worried you won't be able to kiss his ass if you blow your lips off. Bosses are like that.
He is one of the most paranoid and uninformed people ive met lol hes cool and a great boss but hes very ignorant about a lot of things. Specially technology. Hes been a citizen in america for a long time about 16 years now but he still has things to learn and get use to

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deep breaths. Shake it off. Remember, stupid people will believe stupid things, whether they have a good reason to or not.

Public opinion is what it is. All you can do is be the exception to their rule. Be calm. Vape safe. Educate those who want to learn. Fuck all of the rest.

Personally, I tend to shrug people off and they tend to think I'm an idiot with no regard for my own safety, which is fine by me. If they want to take an opportunity to demonstrate their stupidity for my own amusement, that's their prerogative. Their behavior is enlightening... ...just not in the way they think it is. To me, they're sorta like cavemen screaming at fire.

I think its cute when non-vapers suddenly think they know more about vaping than somebody who's been doing it for a hobby for years because they read a few news articles. I find it hard to get mad at people who are so small. It's comical, just how much authority they think little shreds of information give them.They go from, "Oh, those must be those e-cigarette things I heard about that one time." to "These are a danger to manikind and everyone must know! ONLY I CAN SAVE THEM!" in the time it takes to read a handful of paragraphs.

Imagine someone who knows nothing about fireworks telling a pyrotechnician about the dangers of pyrotechnics after seeing a video of a huge pyro setup engulfed in flames.

You can always go the route of calmly breaking it all down, detail-by-detail. As soon as you start talking about how lithium batteries work, ohms law, dc circuitry, and so on, they tend to lose interest.

"Ahh, yeah, those people are idiots. See, these are 3.7v LiNMC 18650 batteries with a 1500mAh capacity and a continuous discharge rate of 30A, so with some quick ohm's law calculations, we can deduce that a .18-ohm coil will... ...and you see, though its capacity is lower, the NMC chemistry is much more stable than the ICR chemistry of older batteries, as it has a much lower internal resistance and sees lower operating temperatures under high-drain conditions, which greatly reduces the likelihood of a catastrophic failure even in the event of overheating. And that's neglecting the fact that pulsing, as we do with these devices, yields a higher safety margin than continuous ratings would suggest... ...my .25 coil pulls 16.8 amps, which given the 30A CDR, leaves me with a headroom of... ...this is a series-wired regulated box mod, meaning it uses a buck converter, so it trades voltage for current, which of course means that the batteries only give 20A for 150w..."

Nothing like making a person realize how clueless they really are. It is priceless to watch someone go from sounding alarms to staring at their feet. My favorite thing to do is ask them why the mod exploded. They always have trouble answering that one. Alternately, you could start running through the possible reasons why the mod exploded. Use lots of vaping terminology for faster head-spinning.

See, all of their arguments rest on the assumption that they know something you don't. You just can't give them a chance to one-up you. Stick to the facts and connect them logically. With any luck, they'll start to realize that maybe they got in over their head. Most people who act like your boss don't expect to be challenged. Just keep your cool and you can put this to bed without ruffling feathers. The knowledge difference alone should be enough for you to take control of the conversation. You just have to take them outside of what they know.

Prove to them that you know more about it than they do, and they'll at least have to take a step back and think (most likely for the first time) about what they're saying a little more carefully... ...that is, if they can even grasp what you're saying enough for them to come up with anything. Oftentimes, this is when people give up the ghost... ...or at least this has been my experience. I've even had one person turn around and start making honest inquiries about vaping.

Sometimes, it's really best to ignore the rude shit that people say. But other times, it can be worth not letting their rudeness get to you and at least trying to make it a polite conversation. A lot of times, people don't realize how rude and ignorant they are being. Most of them are capable of feeling embarrassment. If it doesn't come to them, then oh well. It can't be helped. Nothing gained, nothing lost...

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He is one of the most paranoid and uninformed people ive met lol hes cool and a great boss but hes very ignorant about a lot of things. Specially technology. Hes been a citizen in america for a long time about 16 years now but he still has things to learn and get use to

It happens.

You can't do much about battery safety or your boss. Maybe if you tell him you can't get to work because you watched a video of a couple thousand car crashes from people going to work in the morning and that even though you feel that you are a responsible person and probably won't crash yourself, it has happened to other people so you shouldn't travel to work. I doubt he understands the correlation but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite one ive seen this idiot with a mecher using 20 ga on an 18650 he was like oh its ok its only a .5 coil. I tried to explain that its not just the ohms. That coil has way more mass than a .5 made of lets say 30ga and will require more amps to fire. But nope he wouldnt listen. Its just so irratating though because im vaping to quit smoking. Im down to 2mgml now. I cant go cold turkey im not a nice person if you cant tell by my caps rant i need nicotine or i go crazy lol and i cant afford patches and gum burns the throat. I cant go all day with out the nicotine just yet. And ill be damned if im going to smoke a cancer stick again. My boss is from india and ive already tried to explain to him and he has no idea what im talking about his reply was like yeah but still no bring to work. You could blow up truck and that would be bad.... Its hard for me to shrug stupid off. Im still learning to deal with it but that process is taking a while for me

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My boss is from india and ive already tried to explain to him and he has no idea what im talking about his reply was like yeah but still no bring to work. You could blow up truck and that would be bad.... Its hard for me to shrug stupid off. Im still learning to deal with it but that process is taking a while for me
Best start working on your stealth-vape game. Let his dumb ass think what he wants about what your vape might do to his truck. What he doesn't know can't hurt him...

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of laws and regs exist only because certain people dont know how to use their brain.

Yes, of course. Because inevitably some folks can't handle personal freedom, the "there outta be a law" types want to protect us from ourselves, we're always getting dragged down to the lowest common denominator.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best start working on your stealth-vape game. Let his dumb ass think what he wants about what your vape might do to his truck. What he doesn't know can't hurt him...

I need to find or make something i can blow the clouds into that will absorb all the vapor. I use a dripper so its hard to hide lol. E cigs and tanks didnt give the satisfying draw i crave. Thats another reason why its hard for me to quit is i just love the sensation

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, of course. Because inevitably some folks can't handle personal freedom, the "there outta be a law" types want to protect us from ourselves, we're always getting dragged down to the lowest common denominator.
All theyre doing is retarding natural selection and people wonder why there is so many DA's running around everywhere lol

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Public cloud chasers sure do ruin vaping for everyone...

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Public cloud chasers sure do ruin vaping for everyone...
I dont understand why some people think they can still vape in non smoking areas. I see A holes do it all the time in walmart especially

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have. It's candy, it didn't bother my throat.
Sounds good^^ i guess shoot me that link if you dont mind. Id realy like to try not to kill people at work^^

VU Sponsors