Become a Patron!

Strawberry Shortcake

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INW Shisha Strwaberry is the first strawberry I have tried that actually has staying power while vaping from the first hit to the last. I have attempted this recipe for awhile now using different strawberries and this is the best and most likely my last stab. Me likey.:)

Shisha Strawberry(INW) 2%
Vanilla Cupcake V1(CAPS) 4% (I haven't cracked oped my V2 yet)
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .75%
Needs 12-14 steeping days
(I mix 30/70vg-1.5mg)

HERE'S a TANTALIZING PHOTO
file_id_416794-Medium.jpg

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
damn.. thats all i see anymore.. "Shisha vanilla" - so have it on the order list ... gonna have to pull that trigger soon.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one really caught my eye, I love strawberry, thanks for the share Squonk. This one is on my mix soon list

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
INW Shisha Strwaberry is the first strawberry I have tried that actually has staying power while vaping from the first hit to the last. I have attempted this recipe for awhile now using different strawberries and this is the best and most likely my last stab. Me likey.:)

Shisha Strawberry(INW) 2%
Vanilla Cupcake V1(CAPS) 4% (I haven't cracked oped my V2 yet)
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .75%
Needs 12-14 steeping days
(I mix 30/70vg-1.5mg)

HERE'S a TANTALIZING PHOTO
file_id_416794-Medium.jpg

Hmm.. I have some FW vanilla cupcake, and CAP sweet cream... and I was thinking I might also add a little INW lemon cake, and TFA whipped cream... I could do this. :)

Andria

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll admit, I am concerned how much shaking I might have to do to turn the recipe's FA Fresh Cream into the topping shown on your TANTALIZING PHOTO.
:bunny:

Ron
---
"To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness."- Confucius
It's easy.
1) Hold bottle:ejuice:
2) Look at portfolio after todays market :headbang:

3) Refrain from over shaking and crushing bottle

4):drunk:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's easy.
1) Hold bottle:ejuice:
<Snip>
3) Refrain from over shaking and crushing bottle

You ask a lot!

The US dollar gained is so much strength against many European currencies today, that I continue to violently shudder when I think how reasonable my next order of INW at e-aromashop.com might be! :bliss:

I'm worried that if that market trend continues, I might very well turn that FA Fresh Cream into Butter! :eek:

Ron
---
"It's the way you ride the trail that counts."- Dale Evans

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for sharing this, it sounds real tasty. Now just need to add another couple of flavors to my order list.:rolleyes:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
damn.. thats all i see anymore.. "Shisha vanilla" - so have it on the order list ... gonna have to pull that trigger soon.

Another nice thing with Shisha is not needing to use 5%+ to taste it:D.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another nice thing with Shisha is not needing to use 5%+ to taste it:D.

That's funny... I noticed that the OP has 2% for shisha strawberry, and I'm thinking, geez, I wouldn't even be able to tell it was there! I'll probably try 8% on that one, to start. The others, probably just double, so there's none of that "12 to 14 days" crap. At least I might be able to give it a taste test when I first mix it and have it actually taste like something, so I can tell if it needs more time.

Can't figure out all you folks that are willing to go to the effort to create a recipe, mix it... and then wait 2 wks to see if it's any good or not. That's just BIZARRE.

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I get Shisha Strawberry since THAT was the thing. NOW it's Shisha Vanilla? When will it STOP? I just can't win.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I get Shisha Strawberry since THAT was the thing. NOW it's Shisha Vanilla? When will it STOP? I just can't win.

Yep. About 10 minutes after I put in a $62 order at ECX, I ran across the apple-tart recipe that HIC posted. :facepalm: Got the FA Apple Pie, sho nuff, but not the marzipan. :D

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. About 10 minutes after I put in a $62 order at ECX, I ran across the apple-tart recipe that HIC posted. :facepalm: Got the FA Apple Pie, sho nuff, but not the marzipan. :D

Andria
That was a first recipe DIY try for me. Didn't like it. I may have to try it again. You know tastes change. Surprised Squonk hasn't tackled some apple duhicky.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was a first recipe DIY try for me. Didn't like it. I may have to try it again. You know tastes change. Surprised Squonk hasn't tackled some apple duhicky.

Or, you might try different brands for the flavors; they're all different. I've got both TFA and FA Apple Pie, so I'll probaly try it as originally posted at first, and maybe try it with TFA Apple Pie later. He posted some variations too, you might try some of those, see if any of those extras bring it to life for you. Also, try using a lot more flavoring; that's the best way to tell at mixing time if a recipe is good or not; it's hard to tell much of anything about a mix that needs to sit for weeks before it has any taste at all, which is pretty much what you get with a recipe that's only 10%-15% flavoring. I try to keep mine over 20%, 25% is better, and I don't mind 30% (of total flavoring.. obviously if there aren't many flavor elements in a mix, it's gonna stay pretty low).

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TW Gold Standard Strawberry Shortcake has plenty of whipped cream flavor. Just don't over do it, because it will taste like butter. Seriously.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got both TFA and FA Apple Pie,

FA Apple Pie is almost all crust with just a faint taste of apple. TFA is almost the exact opposite to my tastes so I imagine the differences would definitely be noticeable. Of course that doesn't mean they both wouldn't be good, just different.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FA Apple Pie is almost all crust with just a faint taste of apple. TFA is almost the exact opposite to my tastes so I imagine the differences would definitely be noticeable. Of course that doesn't mean they both wouldn't be good, just different.

That's good to know! Maybe that apple tart recipe would be good with a combo of apple pie flavors.

I also recently got some INW Shisha Golden Apple, and I've heard that it's more like baked apples than fresh apples, so that might be a good addition if I use the FA apple pie.

Andria

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also recently got some INW Shisha Golden Apple, and I've heard that it's more like baked apples than fresh apples, so that might be a good addition if I use the FA apple pie.

Let us know about that Shisha Golden Apple, it sounds like it would be great in a lot of recipes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone compare TFA Cinnamon Spice, with FA's Cinnamon Ceylon? I got the Cinnamon Spice because it's supposedly more real cinnamon, not cinnemaldehyde, but I'm curious about the Ceylon too.

Andria

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't figure out all you folks that are willing to go to the effort to create a recipe, mix it... and then wait 2 wks to see if it's any good or not. That's just BIZARRE.

So with you mixing at much higher %'s, do you normally just make enough to vape for a couple of days and then repeat? Have you ever tried aging any of your higher % mixes to see what they come out like?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can anyone compare TFA Cinnamon Spice, with FA's Cinnamon Ceylon? I got the Cinnamon Spice because it's supposedly more real cinnamon, not cinnemaldehyde, but I'm curious about the Ceylon too.

Andria

TFA Cinnamon Spice tastes like those little Red Hot Cinnamon Candies.
FA is slightly less so.
FW Cinnamon Roll, CAP Cinnamon Danish, & TFA Cinnamon Danish are all Bakery types like used in Apple Pie, or on Oatmeal.
FW Cinnamon Roll is the sweetest, but it's harder on coils if used above 5%.
CAP & TFA Cinnamon Danish have just a little bite to them.

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FW Cinnamon Roll, CAP Cinnamon Danish, & TFA Cinnamon Danish are all Bakery types like used in Apple Pie, or on Oatmeal.

A really good bakery type cinnamon is Flavorah's Rich Cinnamon. The best I've tasted as for those types of cinnamon. It reminds me of when my Mom used to toast bread, butter it, and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So with you mixing at much higher %'s, do you normally just make enough to vape for a couple of days and then repeat? Have you ever tried aging any of your higher % mixes to see what they come out like?

My best mix is about 50ml; it's enough for a week or 10 days. If I make more than that (as I did last time I mixed my ADV), then after a week, it's much too sweet, and I have to mix up some supplemental to add to it with either no or lots less sweetener, just to make it tolerable.

The only ones I routinely steep are any with *any* tobacco notes in it -- my smocha, or my cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco; if there's any tobacco flavor in the mix, no matter how little or how mild, it just seems to need a good long while to really taste good. Both of those are in the 20%-25% range, which I don't consider "high" or excessive flavoring, but "just right."

Otherwise, my only experience with steeping is, I made so much of my strawberry & cream, I couldn't vape it up in a week and it got too sweet, or I set it in the cabinet and forgot all about it. Basically, if it's not something I'm vaping RIGHT NOW, or every day, I forget about it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TFA Cinnamon Spice tastes like those little Red Hot Cinnamon Candies.
FA is slightly less so.
FW Cinnamon Roll is the sweetest, but it's harder on coils if used above 5%.
CAP & TFA Cinnamon Danish have just a little bite to them.

Hmm, so the TFA Cinnamon Spice actually IS cinnemaldehyde? I thought it wasn't, based on what others have said.

All those others with "danish" or other pastry, contain diketones, which means I'll never use them. I've tried a couple of the DX's for danish, and wasn't terribly impressed. I did once try CAP Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble -- cinnemaldehyde. I could tell because it tasted like "burnt metal" -- which is what cinnamaldehyde tastes like to me; that's why I didn't think TFA cinnamon spice was cinnemaldehyde, I don't get the burnt metal taste from it.

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A really good bakery type cinnamon is Flavorah's Rich Cinnamon. The best I've tasted as for those types of cinnamon. It reminds me of when my Mom used to toast bread, butter it, and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar.
Absolutely ! It's so easy to make a snickerdoodle cookie with it too :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, so the TFA Cinnamon Spice actually IS cinnemaldehyde? I thought it wasn't, based on what others have said.

I think you're right. I think the one Heabob is thinking about is the Cinnamon Red Hots flavor not the Cinnamon Spice. IIRC, the Cinnamon Spice has clove added.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you're right. I think the one Heabob is thinking about is the Cinnamon Red Hots flavor not the Cinnamon Spice. IIRC, the Cinnamon Spice has clove added.

You may be right; I sometimes enjoy Constant Comment tea, and I put a drop or two of cinnamon spice in it, because it doesn't taste cinnamon-y enough to me... but Constant Comment does have some clove flavor, so it's hard to say for sure, but any clove flavor in the cinnamon spice would just blend right in.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Lol, maybe, but drip tasting it reminds me of Cinnamon Red Hots flavor, without the hot part anyway.
Strange I don't get any clove taste from that one, but the Holiday Spice sure has that nasty clove taste.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wonder if that one is a clean flavor without the baddies, not that it really matters to me.
Wanna try the Bread Pudding too but BCV didn't have it listed when I ordered recently.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everyone always says that FA Apple Pie has lots of crust flavour but I get nothing from it. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder if that one is a clean flavor without the baddies, not that it really matters to me.
Wanna try the Bread Pudding too but BCV didn't have it listed when I ordered recently.
I used to order Bread Pudding from Mad Town Vapor like it was going out of style. I still keep a empty bottle just to smell it, but can't figure out what they use to make it. I've tried countless attempts but nothing comes close. If anyone ever gets their hands on a good recipe, please let me know.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
INW Shisha Strwaberry is the first strawberry I have tried that actually has staying power while vaping from the first hit to the last.

Mixed up this one yesterday but ran out of Shisha SB :eek:, so had to mix in half & half with FE Strawberry.
Thought I had another extra bottle, must have used that one up too, 30ml ordered this time.
Might have to start buying the big bottles like @Andria:D

VU Sponsors