Become a Patron!

Stressed about new batteries

Hi there! I'm a little stressed out right now as I just bought a pair of new batteries only to find that they're not the greatest batteries(my fault I should have done some research).

The batteries in question are the Efest 18650 "3500MAH" 20A (10A CDR?)

The batteries I used before were some sort of Samsung... I'm not really sure the models tbh but they seemed to work fine for the past year or so of vaping.

My set up is The Voopoo Drag 2 mod box with a Uwell Crown IV atomizer. For the past year I've been running 0.23 Ω coils @ 60w.

Basically the question is will I safely be able to continue vaping at the same settings until I can get better batteries?

I plan on getting some Sony VTC6's to replace them with asap

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sorry. I posted irrelevant misleading info.
Deleted. đź‘Ť

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
60/2=30w per battery

30w/3.2v = 9.375a

9.375/.85% (efficiency) = 11.02a per battery

When your batteries are at the end of the charge cycle they use 11a

This is a regulated mod, and that is the calculation to determine amp draw from the batteries… do not use Ohms law!

I’m not going to say if your batteries are safe for your usage, you can do the math above and see for yourself…but I will say they are shit

Wattage/(battery count)/3.2/.85(efficiency)

If the above is hard to read

Watts set divided ( / ) by battery count = X

X/3.2=Y

Y/.85 = Z

Z= amp draw on batteries and it said number if lower than said CDR you’re good!

And again do not use Ohm laws, it has ZERO use to determine if a battery is safe to use on a regulated…

One more time… OHMs LAW is not to be used to determine if batteries are safe or not for a regulated device

Carry on wayward son!

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Carry on wayward son!
Fair enough dad. Deleted.
I heard and read your point the first time. Guess you felt you needed to drive home my ignorance three times. I guess it made you feel good though to ridicule repeating it over and over like talking to a child and calling a grown mid aged man "son" along with emojis rather than explain normaly and civilly. Here calling another man son and on your way is a huge condescending insult, and I bet it is there too and obviously intended as such.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fair enough dad. Deleted.
I heard and read your point the first time. Guess you felt you needed to drive home my ignorance three times. I guess it made you feel good though to ridicule repeating it over and over like talking to a child and calling a grown mid aged man "son" along with emojis rather than explain normaly and civilly. Here calling another man son and on your way is a huge condescending insult, and I bet it is there too and obviously intended as such.
You're a tad sensitive and that is your issue and not mine.

Wayward Son is a song from Kansas, not a dig to you, calling you son; again your sensitivity and your issue. It was for the OP, to carry on... as the song says... but whatever.

As for drilling it home three times, its always said to get a point or to teach something, you do it in triplicate so said information is set into memory... the equation is in triplicate and saying Ohm's Law is not to be used for regulated mods is in triplicate.

If emoji's set you off, again, that is an issue with you...

I quote people when I direct a message to someone, sort of why its there, just as this reply is, but I digress. I was truly going to leave it be, but... chicken butt, cut...phonetically... similarity what have you...

Is this reply a tad condescending? Sure, but you edited your response a few times to elicit a response from me, so here it is, Mr. Sensitive <sarcasm> (Now that is a dig, but a friendly one and not out of spite... I truly hope it is taken as sarcasm, but not to sure now)

I'll wash my hands of this

and the original song from Kansas as previously mentioned... really is a great song, remember my pops playing this as a kid ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also that song from REM, was originally scored to be the "Friends" sitcom theme song, although it fell out... it was a post in relevance to mean "Friends?" since the whole "Friends Reunion" thing was on HBO Max recently and well... the mind works in weird ways.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the true CDR for this cell is 10A, and, yes, it means that 30W per cell (i.e., 60W if using a pair of these cells in a dual battery regulated mod) is the maximum recommended safety for this cell for vaping with a regulated mod.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also that song from REM, was originally scored to be the "Friends" sitcom theme song, although it fell out... it was a post in relevance to mean "Friends?" since the whole "Friends Reunion" thing was on HBO Max recently and well... the mind works in weird ways.

Michael Stipe said in an interview once that "Shiny Happy People" was the song they recorded that he hated the most. I could see where that would be true! lol

We were living in Athens when R.E.M. was brand new and were still playing in local clubs. I didn't discover them until later, unfortunately.

Hi there! I'm a little stressed out right now as I just bought a pair of new batteries only to find that they're not the greatest batteries(my fault I should have done some research).

The batteries in question are the Efest 18650 "3500MAH" 20A (10A CDR?)

The batteries I used before were some sort of Samsung... I'm not really sure the models tbh but they seemed to work fine for the past year or so of vaping.

My set up is The Voopoo Drag 2 mod box with a Uwell Crown IV atomizer. For the past year I've been running 0.23 Ω coils @ 60w.

Basically the question is will I safely be able to continue vaping at the same settings until I can get better batteries?

I plan on getting some Sony VTC6's to replace them with asap
Bosh em in and carry on vaping they are sweet has.

VU Sponsors