Submit Your Community Challenge Ideas

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This is a community project, we want you, our community members to drive this as much as us. If you have ideas for future challenges please drop them below
  • Tell us the title of the challenge

• The idea itself

• Any supporting information

• The challenge rules/limitations to set your fellow community members
Challenges must be allowable under our forum rules which can be found below (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/)

We are looking for team work and collaboration challenges rather than individual competition.

Please note the VU Challenge Team might need to take your idea, snippets of others and spin things together as we work through different challenge developements, as a result initial ideas might change form somewhat as we progress, or in some casses might not progress at all.

The schedule of challenges the team has put together can be found in the announcements/info sub below

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-underground-challenge-schedule.433011/

We will lock this thread from time to time whilst we collect and work through content (you’ll see a post from one of the team when this happens)

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is a community project, we want you, our community members to drive this as much as us. If you have ideas for future challenges please drop them below
  • Tell us the title of the challenge

• The idea itself

• Any supporting information

• The challenge rules/limitations to set your fellow community members
Challenges must be allowable under our forum rules which can be found below (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/)

We are looking for team work and collaboration challenges rather than individual competition.

Please note the VU Challenge Team might need to take your idea, snippets of others and spin things together as we work through different challenge developements, as a result initial ideas might change form somewhat as we progress, or in some casses might not progress at all.

The schedule of challenges the team has put together can be found in the announcements/info sub below

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-underground-challenge-schedule.433011/

We will lock this thread from time to time whilst we collect and work through content (you’ll see a post from one of the team when this happens)
I think I might have an idea that needs to be fleshed out.....it may be too specific to DIY juice people? But.....it could work.

Title: Would you vape THAT??

The idea is that teams/groups/pairs create a recipe with randomized ingredients...and only those ingredients. And one(?) of those ingredients is awful. Like pickle....bacon(cause who has a good bacon flavor)....fried chicken....like that. And make it vapable.....perhaps even ok.....maybe even good.

I’m thinking maybe a 6 flavor limit. Probably a time limit(2weeks? 3 weeks?). Maybe each “group” has a different “awful” flavor.

Like I said, I haven’t thought it out completely, but maybe you get the idea......

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I think I might have an idea that needs to be fleshed out.....it may be too specific to DIY juice people? But.....it could work.

The idea is that teams/groups/pairs create a recipe with randomized ingredients...and only those ingredients. And one(?) of those ingredients is awful. Like pickle....bacon(cause who has a good bacon flavor)....fried chicken....like that. And make it vapable.....perhaps even ok.....maybe even good.

I’m thinking maybe a 6 flavor limit. Probably a time limit(2weeks? 3 weeks?). Maybe each “group” has a different “awful” flavor.

Like I said, I haven’t thought it out completely, but maybe you get the idea......

Thank you WG :vino:Added to the ideas pool

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That is a good idea....WG would prolly win that one........:giggle:

.............:ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud:.............:bomb:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

That is a good idea but could cost some money thereby eliminating more participants. Maybe just challenge all to make one ingredient work. Or allow a choice for group challenge or as an individual?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you could get a vendor like Jwraps for example involved we could have a create a skin challenge. Maybe have 3-4 themes to pick from? Most of us don't have the tools to create a skin and would need guidance on what's actually doable that would look good.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is a good idea but could cost some money thereby eliminating more participants. Maybe just challenge all to make one ingredient work. Or allow a choice for group challenge or as an individual?
All good points! Definitely have to think it out.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Mmm... meatloaf with tomato sauce glazed over.

As much fun as I like this idea, let's not do blueberry pie. I've watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory enough to know how this ends.
I'd like to keep in mind how many out there ingredients would be needed. Meatloaf would be a pretty complex mix on it's own.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Meatloaf is a bit easier in ingredients than it looks. Basically, beef and tomato soup/ketchup. Added flavors if its your kinda thing should at least be onion and bell pepper. Of course I cant taste the eggs and crackers even though they are only used to hold the meatloaf together.

But if not meatloaf, a good ole BLT would suffice for me.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So is this one going to be a team thing, I think that's where @wildgypsy70 is leaning. One odd ingredient per team and an ingredient limit?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So just read through the thread again. I'm warming up to the one odd flavor and maybe a list of more common flavors that are randomly selected;; 5-6 flavors total to use in the recipe. Is this where you were going Gypsy? I also like the idea of challenging the teams to come up with a given name like BLT, but might scare off some I'm afraid. Would love somehow to get some new mixers involved with working with experienced mixers.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So just read through the thread again. I'm warming up to the one odd flavor and maybe a list of more common flavors that are randomly selected;; 5-6 flavors total to use in the recipe. Is this where you were going Gypsy? I also like the idea of challenging the teams to come up with a given name like BLT, but might scare off some I'm afraid. Would love somehow to get some new mixers involved with working with experienced mixers.
I looked back and thought I posted a similar idea to yours. A group of random odd flavors but teams would submit accomodating flavors that would be "vapable".

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, that’s the idea I was posing. Regular flavors and one total oddball....like something terrible. 5-6 flavor limit, in total. I’m not opposed to one person submitting, but I thought the team/pair idea might be fun and get people involved. I do like the new mixer/experienced mixer idea! And of course, a name for the recipe.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How about a beater mech challenge? The current one is regulated only which leaves out us mech users. I have some REO Grands that have hundreds of thousands of miles on them. I don't dare travel with regulated so any regulated mods I have never get beater status.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How about a beater mech challenge? The current one is regulated only which leaves out us mech users. I have some REO Grands that have hundreds of thousands of miles on them. I don't dare travel with regulated so any regulated mods I have never get beater status.

In hindsight gopher we could have done it that way mate :cheers: we have several in the development pipeline to include the mech side of our community for sure though so watch this space

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well, here is a thought, but howabout vape related memes? Fairly simple concept. Staff puts up a selection of random pics and participants choose one with a caption below it. Of course people can do as many as they want. There just aint enough vape memes in the world.

On a side note, maybe use the contest as a way to inform new members (like me) how to copy and paste the pic in their post. :sad:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well, here is a thought, but howabout vape related memes? Fairly simple concept. Staff puts up a selection of random pics and participants choose one with a caption below it. Of course people can do as many as they want. There just aint enough vape memes in the world.

On a side note, maybe use the contest as a way to inform new members (like me) how to copy and paste the pic in their post. :sad:

Added to the idea pool thanks Omaga :)

On the second point folks can certainty ask and the team will be happy to help if not sure (we’ll try to cover with wording to this affect where it’s needed in the future)
:vino:

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have a few ideas; not sure if any of them are any good, but even if they aren't, they could help get the creative juices flowing for someone else with a better one.

1) As with beater mods, you could do a similar challenge but with glitched screens (if that's a thing that happens, haven't seen it myself but maybe it does).

2) Most creative picture of people blowing vapor rings, or maybe more complex tricks (more complex tricks could alienate some people though, like myself because I can do only rings).
These would need to be be pics of the user, not someone they know or anyone else.
If sticking with only vape rings, you could include more people & grade based on number of rings, angle of the shot, background, lighting. Anything that makes it a cooler, more interesting, exciting photo.

3) Guess if a mod/atomizer is original or a clone.

4) Find the funniest looking, most obscure, or weird vaping-related product online & post a screenshot.

Just spitballing here, not sure if any of these are any good, but if not, hey, maybe they'll lead to something better with one of y'all!
I'll try to think of some others & post again. :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have a few ideas; not sure if any of them are any good, but even if they aren't, they could help get the creative juices flowing for someone else with a better one.

1) As with beater mods, you could do a similar challenge but with glitched screens (if that's a thing that happens, haven't seen it myself but maybe it does).

2) Most creative picture of people blowing vapor rings, or maybe more complex tricks (more complex tricks could alienate some people though, like myself because I can do only rings).
These would need to be be pics of the user, not someone they know or anyone else.
If sticking with only vape rings, you could include more people & grade based on number of rings, angle of the shot, background, lighting. Anything that makes it a cooler, more interesting, exciting photo.

3) Guess if a mod/atomizer is original or a clone.

4) Find the funniest looking, most obscure, or weird vaping-related product online & post a screenshot.

Just spitballing here, not sure if any of these are any good, but if not, hey, maybe they'll lead to something better with one of y'all!
I'll try to think of some others & post again. :)

Many Thanks Pat added to the ideas pool :cheers:

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Man its raining like crazy down here. Really hard to vape in a car with big clouds when the windows are rolled up, or chance it by gettin rained on. Sure be awesome if we had a chance to win window visor so we can crack the window and vape when rainin. :rolleyes:

For a more serious idea, how about ugly vape mod/tank combinations? Or something excessive, weird accesories? The pic in my avatar would be a decent example.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks again Omaga - added :vino:

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Maybe a 2-3 week time frame instead of a month. Most got theirs in in 2 weeks then slowed down in the third week, and almost stagnated in the last week of the current challenge. At least if we have enough ideas we can cycle through a bit quicker to keep things fresh.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Long hours on night shift leaves me too much time to think.

So, how about for a summer challenge, people can post up selfie or family pics while on vacation. Preferably in front of famous landmarks or monuments. Oh! And maybe we can group this in with vape meets or something like that.

Sure beats my other idea of selfie pics of stealth vapin where you are NOT supposed to be vapin. :devil:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Long hours on night shift leaves me too much time to think.

So, how about for a summer challenge, people can post up selfie or family pics while on vacation. Preferably in front of famous landmarks or monuments. Oh! And maybe we can group this in with vape meets or something like that.

Sure beats my other idea of selfie pics of stealth vapin where you are NOT supposed to be vapin. :devil:

added to the pool :cheers:

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
New Coil, New Year!

A bit late in planning as new years is right around the corner, but had to throw it out there. But I would like to see people postin a pic of their current build (with new coils!) goin into the new year and a simple declaration to keep off the smokes. Lets face it, stickin to vapin and stayin away from the smokes is a challenge by itself. Again, this is just a simple challenge to get people out there in front of everybody as a witness kinda thing (group support therapy comes to mind). Personally not lookin for a prize here, just someplace official for everybody to get it out there to continue the trend of a healthier lifestyle.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
New Coil, New Year!

A bit late in planning as new years is right around the corner, but had to throw it out there. But I would like to see people postin a pic of their current build (with new coils!) goin into the new year and a simple declaration to keep off the smokes. Lets face it, stickin to vapin and stayin away from the smokes is a challenge by itself. Again, this is just a simple challenge to get people out there in front of everybody as a witness kinda thing (group support therapy comes to mind). Personally not lookin for a prize here, just someplace official for everybody to get it out there to continue the trend of a healthier lifestyle.
Sounds like a good new years day thread. Why you run with it?

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a good new years day thread. Why you run with it?
If you mean me startin up a thread in Vaping Related category I could. Figured if I threw this at the Challenge Team they might at least be able to put it out there in a way for everybody to read and find.

But yeah, I would be honored to start up a thread by tomorrow evening/night if nobody wants to pick this up.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you mean me startin up a thread in Vaping Related category I could. Figured if I threw this at the Challenge Team they might at least be able to put it out there in a way for everybody to read and find.

But yeah, I would be honored to start up a thread by tomorrow evening/night if nobody wants to pick this up.
We already have a January challenge set up, takes a bit more than a minute to get the ducks in a row.

I think your idea is great and would enjoy the thread. Wait until after Christmas so everyone can show off their new Shiny's.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes rest up. Only idea I thought of is you give a hint about a certain reviewer and you have to guess who the reviewer is. Like for example. What a reviewer ALWAYS says like grimm green .........if vape aliens came down and took all my vape gear. ...okay so the hint would be something like This reviewer is out of this world or he's a "spacey" one. Answer ...grimm green...................Or the other idea I had is show a 3 or 4 second clip of a reviewer doing a product review and you have to guess who he is by either the voice or what you see in the few seconds.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yes rest up. Only idea I thought of is you give a hint about a certain reviewer and you have to guess who the reviewer is. Like for example. What a reviewer ALWAYS says like grimm green .........if vape aliens came down and took all my vape gear. ...okay so the hint would be something like This reviewer is out of this world or he's a "spacey" one. Answer ...grimm green...................Or the other idea I had is show a 3 or 4 second clip of a reviewer doing a product review and you have to guess who he is by either the voice or what you see in the few seconds.

Like it Deb ....just thinking that’s a small pool of people to keep us going hmmmmm can you describe a song without using the title or lyrics from that song

in text form? Something like this ...what song is this? Hahahaha

aaaaa beeeeeleeeeeb aaaaaaa Khan Fry

Aaaa beeeeeeleeeeeb aaaaaaa Khan took thaaaa skaaaaa

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Hahaha point to you Huck ...whatcha think both it’s a goer?

R.Kelly, I believe I Can Fly

If we do something along these lines instead it’s opens it out much more

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha

How about I put a self imposed restriction

I can only answer every other odd

1,5,9,13 etc.

But help along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I have an idea for a challenge.

Your favorite set up(s).

Objective:

To show and illustrate different set ups of VU members from daily bangers to those that have set ups for certain juices and or occasions.

Criteria: Pictures

1. Mod
2. Coil
3. Battery
4. Atomizer
5. Wick
6. Wattage
7. TC or not to TC
8. Influences ( What made you buy it)

Summary:

How you came to this set up, your reasoning, your trial and error in finding the right combination...tell us about your vaping style etc.

Limitations:

One entry every 3 days...max 9 entries

Not everyone will have 9 setups, 9 etc of everything... I sure don't; I've down sized my collection to 5 mods. But the premise is to promote conversation and stories of similarity among members, participation not based only on submission, but interaction with members; asking maybe on more intricate builds beyond simple round, what they used to build...etc.

Bring on conversation, jokes, heck even making fun in a non demoralizing way lol

And it doesn't have to be list like above, but more just a written review... talk about what influenced you to make said purchase, or try a new style of vaping... conversation.

The team will know those that are responding to try and get roll counts, and those that are truly interacting to engage in conversation.

This in my opinion will be an easy to moderate challenge for the team, no cross notes needed...Just read...and make a judgement call if the respondent is engaged or not for a roll.

Team can easily keep track by referencing post # to said participants name for a running count.

For example:

~Don~ Submission 1-5= 5 rolls...engagement # (Not to include Submission) 22, 78, 121, 218 = 10 rolls total.

Anyhoo just a thought I had as I was fiddling with a micro clapton on my Satburn lol

VU Sponsors