Become a Patron!

Subohm tank advice

Hello. First post, long lurker!

I was Looking for any recommendations on a new subohm tank.

Im Not looking for an RTA per say (only really rebuild RDA and KFL if I pull it off shelf

Currently I am using the Nunchaku tank, I like it but Im looking elsewhere.

Looking for great flavor at less than 50/60 watts

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I recently got in the Fireluke 2 and so far enjoying it. Using the dual mesh .2 at 47w. It performs well higher but the vape is warmer than I like over 49w. Have only been using it 3 days so can't comment on coil life yet. It is compatible with the Fireluke mesh tank coils. I bought the nx2 .5 mesh coils to try in it next, rated 30-50w. The flavor is good, have tried a sour apple and switched to a grapefruit without changing the coil. Only took about 4 hits for the new juice to show up nicely.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well my expperience is limited as I have only used a few different tanks. My favorite tank is an og Crown. I use the .25 ohm coils at about 60-80 watts, depending on the juice. It is an older tank 2016ish I think. I absolutely love this tank. Coils are inexpensive at under $8 for a 4 pack online. Coil life is very good. I bet I could get 4 weeks if I wanted to. I believe a rba deck is available however I am not sure. The coil price and quality keep me using them.
Now I know Smok has lousy reputation around here but I also use and enjoy the Prince tank with tha rba deck. It is a nice vape imo. Coils are a bit expensive and qc on them is questionable. With the rba deck I am in control and it is much less costly. It holds 8 mils of juice wich for me is about perfect for an afternoon. I vape the Prince at about 80-100 watts. So thats my story and I am sticking to it. I am sure you will recieve many more opinions and you will find your tank. Welcome from mostly sunny Clearwater Florida. Enjoy your stay there is a great bunch of folks here to help.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This one seems list worthy. And Vic mentions some others to possibly look at.

Edit: I see you mentioned under 50/60w.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are tons of tanks that use baby beast styled coils in that range. I like vaping around 50-55W a lot of the time. I use any of my tanks that use these coils with something like Smok Q2 (Wide inner diameter, single cylinder) or a mesh coil. Most of the mesh coils perform around the same. I've used and like Vaporesso GT, Geekvape, Smok, and my favorite for probably no major reason is OBS M1 coils. I probably forgot a few brands but there's lots of them.

Newer tanks have moved away from mid range but they're starting to fill that void. Some of the more popular tanks have coils now geared for below 50W.

I just got a Nunchaku tank a few weeks ago. I think I'm using a .2Ω coil at 38W. Damn does this thing have some awesome flavor. I liked it so much I ordered another one strait away.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
As I don't, and haven't used subohm tanks in years, my advice might be irrelevant here, however I have worked on some for repairs and whatnot, and sample their function once repairs are completed. The best subohm tank I have ever experienced, that matches your expectations is the Horizontech Falcon King. It's fairly new, utilizes mesh coils, and provides a top quality vape across a broad range of wattage for their coil heads. Flavor is among, if not the best there is in subohm tanks. Cloud production is quite respectable, and due to the coil heads' versatility, fits most vaping styles. My two cents for what it's worth lol

The Wire Spider

VU Sponsors