Become a Patron!

Subtank mini stock clapton coil spitting and cracking.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and hopeful to find an answer to my issue.
I recently bought stock Clapton coils 0.5 ohms for my sub tank mini and I rapidly noticed it was spitting and making a cracking sound. I thought this was not supposed to happen since these coils are from stock.
Anyways if anyone could help with this matter I'd be so pleased.

(Sorry for being a noob, just started vaping recently.)

(btw im using 60vg/40pg e-liquid).

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First welcome to VU:)
What you described happens, New coils will do that breaking in, they need to be wet , so pre-soaking them helps.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently bought stock Clapton coils 0.5 ohms for my sub tank mini and I rapidly noticed it was spitting and making a cracking sound. I thought this was not supposed to happen since these coils are from stock.

Hi Ballez, welcome to the Vaping Underground! As long as I'm not getting flaming fireballs of juice in my mouth, I kinda enjoy the popping from a fresh coil. Happens even with commercially made 510 drip atomizers. Lots of schools of thought on the why. Some believe it is from an insufficient amount of wick inside the coil, leaving pockets where boiling liquid can gather and be trapped until they "pop" out. Some say it is from running a little too low on the wattage for a particular build, again making the liquid spend too much time near the boiling point instead of just outright vaporizing. Check your wick, if it is cotton, it should offer a fair amount of resistance when pulled. If it is rayon, it should almost be STUCK full of wick.

I hope you get it sorted. Welcome to vaping, buddy! We're delighted to have you, and congrats on quitting smokes. :)

Thank you both for answering :)
I've tried almost everything and the problem persists, a friend told me it might be that my juice not thick enough but still I'm pretty clueless about how to fix this.

goingcrazy614

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you both for answering :)
I've tried almost everything and the problem persists, a friend told me it might be that my juice not thick enough but still I'm pretty clueless about how to fix this.
Try a 80/20 juice and new coil. Let it soak for 10 minutes. If that doesn't help, bump your wattage up 1 or 2

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use those all the time but with juice that's at least 80% VG - you likely have more PG in your juice.

TLSmoak

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm having the same issue. Have you found a fix?

TLSmoak

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apparently it was caused by some fake coil my local shop sold me, since i bought single coils to save money. Never again tho.
Thanks for replying man!
I ordered my prebuilt wire online and built the coils myself on an RDA so I guess I gotta figure something out.

VU Sponsors