Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

F

fckaugust8th

Actually, I was thinking about it until I re wicked it. Now I'll keep it for a day or three.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I noticed is that the space between the top of the chamber and the glass is very, very narrow so VG heavy juices will be very difficult to vape, there is one huge air bubble working its way but I think high VG juices will result in dry hits.
No issues with high VG

F

fckaugust8th

No issues with high VG
Is that for the Moonshot?

If you close the Airflow down to a round circle, use a flavor build and use the 510 adapter/drip tip
I got the air flow and the drip tip parts, no problem. What would you recommend for a flavor build! I would prefer SS wire for TC but I have all the others as well. Thanks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that for the Moonshot?

I got the air flow and the drip tip parts, no problem. What would you recommend for a flavor build! I would prefer SS wire for TC but I have all the others as well. Thanks.
Try Clapton with SS some 26g/34g if you have it. Use 8 Wraps on a 3mm ID and that should one pretty tasty, if you dont try a Parallel or twisted wire.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can any of you Crown users give me some insight into the performance and life of its various coils?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try Clapton with SS some 26g/34g if you have it. Use 8 Wraps on a 3mm ID and that should one pretty tasty, if you dont try a Parallel or twisted wire.
Those come out pretty low resistance. .09Ω for my set like that. So I'd probably say just do some regular claptons or try to jump to 28g if you don't want to go that low (your box may be able to handle it, mine was heating up a bit using them, though I wasn't on TC just normal power).

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an RX200 so no worries there.
Nice, just wanted to give a heads up, I was a bit surprised by how much lower it was than the Kanthal version. Ended up working great as a single coil for my Avocado though :)

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can any of you Crown users give me some insight into the performance and life of its various coils?
They all work fine, although the general consensus I've seen is that the ni200 ones are underwhelming, and that the very best vape comes from running the .25 Ohm heads in power mode from 60-70 watts, which definitely matches my experience.

Life span depends on the juice, anywhere from 2 weeks to a monthish for the SS .25 or .5, can be longer for the ni200s if you are one of the few people who don't dislike them.

The RBA head is widely viewed as not worth the price of purchase, although a few people like it. I personally wish I hadn't wasted money on it.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They all work fine, although the general consensus I've seen is that the ni200 ones are underwhelming, and that the very best vape comes from running the .25 Ohm heads in power mode from 60-70 watts, which definitely matches my experience.

Life span depends on the juice, anywhere from 2 weeks to a monthish for the SS .25 or .5, can be longer for the ni200s if you are one of the few people who don't dislike them.

The RBA head is widely viewed as not worth the price of purchase, although a few people like it. I personally wish I hadn't wasted money on it.
Great, thanks.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Running a .25 ohm coil I am averaging a month to 6 weeks on a coil vaping only unicorn milk in my Crown before the flavor starts to get odd. Usually vape it at 70 to 80 watts.

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So after exclusively using my Crown for 3 months this is what I have found. I use juices that are sweet fruit based for the most part. I go thru about 10-12 ml's per day and I have found that the most I get out of the coils are about 5-7 days. The obvious tell tale sign is loss of flavor, spitting and juice leakage. I find that I get good flavor out of all of the coils and good cloud production. The .5's I generally run at 50 watts, the .25 at 60 watts and the Ni at 360 and 45 joules. I run the tank on a Sigelei 150TC. I have gotten a couple of coils that failed after a couple of days and others that have lasted longer then 7 days. I have been leaning more to the NI coils as they seem to me to last a little longer and don't trash the coils as quickly as in power mode.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after exclusively using my Crown for 3 months this is what I have found. I use juices that are sweet fruit based for the most part. I go thru about 10-12 ml's per day and I have found that the most I get out of the coils are about 5-7 days. The obvious tell tale sign is loss of flavor, spitting and juice leakage. I find that I get good flavor out of all of the coils and good cloud production. The .5's I generally run at 50 watts, the .25 at 60 watts and the Ni at 360 and 45 joules. I run the tank on a Sigelei 150TC. I have gotten a couple of coils that failed after a couple of days and others that have lasted longer then 7 days. I have been leaning more to the NI coils as they seem to me to last a little longer and don't trash the coils as quickly as in power mode.[/QUOTE

How do you like the tank compared to others? How quick does it go through juice?

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the Crown the best out of a very limited experiences with other tanks. I have used the Kanger's and also have an Aspire Cleito. The Crown delivers the flavor I am looking for, top fill, no leaking (until the coil starts to fail), low fill holes on the coil and other aspects that makes it my go to tank. In terms of how fast it suck juice, it's hard to say that it is or is not a juice sucker as there are so many variables (usage, type of juice, wattage and so on). I would say the first tank of a new coil gets absorbed faster then when the coil has been used for a few tanks full of juice.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

On a good batch of coils (and some are not) I generally get around 60mls out of a 0.25 coil at around 65 watts. But I've also had coils where I barely got a full day (30mls).

Reactions: Pax

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ebay...thats where I buy almost all my wire...usually there are packs of different gauges together in various lengths and it comes out cheaper then anywhere else..
I just bought some Squared 24g and 26g 316L (50ft/$6) and polished it for a build:
20160222_132734.jpg 20160222_132616.jpg 20160222_132542.jpg 20160222_132641.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It looks good! Now just twist that square wire for increased area?
Or Fuse It...3 26g 316L Cores, Fused with 40g N80...Single coil that Ohms out to .14 and its amazing for TC...I wish I ordered some 30g 316L and could Dual Coil it...

20160223_161705.jpg 20160223_161848.jpg 20160223_161759.jpg 20160223_163637.jpg 20160223_164345.jpg20160223_163901.jpg

F

fckaugust8th

Ok, I'm not riding in the short yellow bus but you guys clapton mixed wires? Like 28g SS with 40g Nichrome80? Can you use it in TC mode?

F

fckaugust8th

I'm still in the basement....just using my periscope to see what's up!!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Shark Vape seriously, you g!uys clapton Nichrome80 on Stainless core and use it in TC mode?
Yes you can Twist or Fused with other wires, as long as the core is the wire your using for that specific TC...or buy a Hohm Wrecker G2 and use the XXX mode for complete mixes in TC...I love normal Kanthal TC on it and it works beautifully

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you @raymo2u , just ordered SS and nichrome wires.
Now remember that SS has a lower resistance then Kanthal, think of it this way 28g SS is like using 26g Kanthal...I would use 28g and 26g SS and 24g when you want to go low. SS can be used in Power Mode and in SS and its has the best flavor for TC wires.

F

fckaugust8th

Yup! Got that but thank you for the reminder. The intent is to make stapled claptons with 28 or 30g stainless core and 40 or 44g nichrome80 wrap.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup! Got that but thank you for the reminder. The intent is to make stapled claptons with 28 or 30g stainless core and 40 or 44g nichrome80 wrap.
Fused Claptons? Staple means your Claptoning Ribbon Wire which with SS and Ribbon, that would be ridiculously low!

debkdarlin

JustDeb
VU Donator
I bought an EH Pro Morph Tank with all the adapters, from GearBest, last week. I love it! I can't build coils, or even use the pre-built ones. My hands shake really bad, so I love the fact that I can use any kind of coil in it. I've been using it for 4 days with the Atlantis adapter and had no problems. I'm very happy with it so far.

F

fckaugust8th

Staple means your Claptoning Ribbon Wire which with SS and Ribbon, that would be ridiculously low!
You are right, fused claptons. I made some tiger wire in 28g SS that was pretty nice. I need to move my rolling mill to the new house, it seems the only time I have to play with coils is late night.

VU Sponsors