Become a Patron!

Suddenly not getting email updates...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To whoever the site admin is, for some reason I no longer get updates when there is a new message in a topic, even though I am set to receive them.

I did a major upgrade to Firefox yesterday, from v.56 (57?) to quantum. I held out as long as I could. Long story.

I'm wondering if the browser/user agent is now confusing the forum software or something after such a drastic upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll live :)

Thanks

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
To whoever the site admin is, for some reason I no longer get updates when there is a new message in a topic, even though I am set to receive them.

I did a major upgrade to Firefox yesterday, from v.56 (57?) to quantum. I held out as long as I could. Long story.

I'm wondering if the browser/user agent is now confusing the forum software or something after such a drastic upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll live :)

Thanks
I reset your account, see if that solves the issue. Vape on.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Turns out that we keep @SMOKIE around for better reasons than just his looks!:giggle::devil:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a huge favor I'm asking and I'll not feel myself ill used if you don't want to do it.

I'm wondering if you could check your outgoing mail logs and tell me if you see my notification emails being sent from your end?

I haven't been able to figure out why I still get no notifications for anything from this site. Knowing for sure they are being sent would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I thought I'd done that, but I'll look again. :)
Try posting in the threads. If you aren't very active on a thread set it to watch thread and receive emails at the top of thread. If you don't stay active on a particular thread the emails will stop coming if you don't use that option.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure I understand. There are threads I've posted in every day and while I get the alerts here, no emails.

I just disabled and re-enabled every preference I could find in my account related to email notifications again.

I hven't gotten a single email notification of any kind from this site since the day I updated firefox like 3 weeks ago.

At first I thought it was that, but I tried spoofing the browser agent and using other browsers, but still no go. :D

Alerts here, no emails/

I dunno.

It's not a life changing trauma, but I hate not knowing why this is happening.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Did you go to the threads and click on "watch thread" in the upper left side and set that for email alerts?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing I see is in the upper right actually and the only option is to UNwatch, which I assume means I'm set to watch them.
watchthread.JPG

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just something I noticed in my forum experience. If you get an email update but do not visit the thread you do not get future updates.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quick work around is to visit the threads and comment. See it it works because it has for me. Good Luck

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happens to me, on occasion, but I'm not set for email alerts, very often. When I've had an issue with not getting an alert, I go to the thread, UNwatch it, the WATCH it again. Sometimes that works. As others have mentioned, if I've not commented in a thread in a while, a comment will help. Sometimes even just visiting the thread.

aUpFcvP.gif

;);)

VU Sponsors