Become a Patron!

Suggestions for nic salt rebuildable setup?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! Anyways, I have been looking quite a bit online but I can't seem to find any good answers to this question. Lots of coils that are pnp clones that are rebuildable but not a lot of information on which way to go if you want to have a more traditional setup that you can run higher strength nic salt through. I currently am using a caliburn koko g and I run 25-35mg nic salt in it. I'm not really concerned about keeping the same size as the koko, if I could use a 18650 battery then all the better, gand I obviously have to run it at lower watts with nic salts and I don't know what kind of tank to use. I'm really open to whatever is going to give me the best performance. I have some experience building coils in the past with regular e-juice but, it's been quite a few years and even though I had some success, it was a lot of work and I just didn't want to keep fooling with it. With this upcoming mail ban I think it maybe wise to learn how to be a little more self-sufficient. Thanks!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: welcome to the forum.
I really can't think of a rebuildable that would work with high nic.
There are some new pod mods that have rba coils with them.
A billet box type device might work if you have the rba section.

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vandy Vape Simple EX is a mini squonker that comes with a mini rda & is rebuildable. Works great for high nic vaping. I used them when I was vaping 25-45mg nic salt. Great little device.

I went into the vape shop today and when I started talking to the girl there she told me she had a pnp-rba, and since I had a drag x at home I've decided to give it a shot. What wattage do I run it at? 11-15? Anyone have any tips for building this miniscule deck?

Edit: Almost forgot, what kind of wire and kit should I buy to try and make these coils? Should I even try or should I just buy premade ones? The rba came with some cotton and since it's all I have right now I'm going to use it, but is that the best thing to use?

This pnp-rba coil is the shit! I get twice the smoke any pod system has ever given me and the nicotine is much more comparable to smoking! As long as I've been vaping, I've never been able to completely quit smoking but I really think this might do it for me!

Vandy Vape Simple EX is a mini squonker that comes with a mini rda & is rebuildable. Works great for high nic vaping. I used them when I was vaping 25-45mg nic salt. Great little device.
Do you think the squonk setup would improve just the flavor, or would it help with cloud production too?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went into the vape shop today and when I started talking to the girl there she told me she had a pnp-rba, and since I had a drag x at home I've decided to give it a shot. What wattage do I run it at? 11-15? Anyone have any tips for building this miniscule deck?

Can you give us a make and model of the pnp-rba? There is at least two or three out there on the market now.

May be helpful in offering building advice to know what kind of deck a person is looking at.

For the time being and sake of trying to help a bit, ... I'll go with you got this brand. So, let me call up trusty youtube.

First video on it, ...

The container says FeCrAl on it, that means Kanthal. (Fe (iron) Cr (chromium) Al (aluminum))

Other videos may suggest other wire types. I would reckon you can use which ever turns your crank, Stainless / NiChrome / Kanthal. I'd not suggest other wire types as I've not used them and not gotten familiarity. Have seen some with a bit of cautionary write ups so I'm weary. I'll stick with what I know & know to be reasonably safe.

Edit: Almost forgot, what kind of wire and kit should I buy to try and make these coils? Should I even try or should I just buy premade ones?

Kanthal seems a reliable choice for wire, or Stainless Steel 316L. I might stick with pre-made a bit until I got the "hang" of building proper coils for the deck in question.

The kit for the RBA in the first video appears to come with a mandrel for coil winding. That will get you the proper manufacture suggested inner diameter of coil. From what I'm seeing it looks to be about a 2 mm inner diameter though I may be in error, if so apologies.

I usually build 3 mm inner diameter coils for RDAs. That however is a different kind of horse so to speak. Would figure with this brand of RBA the smaller deck / base size would dictate a smaller coil size. "The coil has gotta fit inside, man!" *chuckles*
I get twice the smoke any pod system has ever given me and the nicotine is much more comparable to smoking!

If you're getting smoke you're doing it wrong. Now, if you're getting vapor well that's good. :)
Do you think the squonk setup would improve just the flavor, or would it help with cloud production too?

The main reason you want a squonker is convenience over regular dripping. You don't got to lug around a bottle, it's hiding inside the mod instead. All you need to do then is depress the bottle to shoot up some juice into the deck for the wick to get.

authentic-geekvape-athena-squonk-mechanical-box-mod-bf-rda-squonker-kit-gun-metal-65ml-1-x-18650.jpg
See the bottle hiding out through the "hole in the wall" there? He keeps your juice ready for you at a thumb's flick. That's a Geekvape Athena squonker pictured. I got one in rotation, another that has juice in it but isn't being used, and a third not even unpacked yet. Atthenas are mechanical squonk mods. That means you don't get any flashy screens, bells, whistles, computer brains.

Squonking doesn't really add to vapor production. Your coil set up and RDA/RBA do that. And in that there's a host of variables to come into play. It seems with the advent of these new "PNP" style coil decks the manufactures are designing to eliminate a lot of the "overhead" variables vapers haggle and fuss over to get "just right" for themselves.

I think this has potential to be both good and bad. On one hand its nice manufactures want to encourage more to build their own coils by "easing" them into it. On the other hand if you don't get into finding "just right" for yourself, you will lack the experience needed to fix your own troubles later on. So I'm not going to have an opinion on this as it could go either way.

How's that for being objective? :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This pnp-rba coil is the shit! I get twice the smoke any pod system has ever given me and the nicotine is much more comparable to smoking! As long as I've been vaping, I've never been able to completely quit smoking but I really think this might do it for me!

If you like the PNP RBA, you are a patient and kind soul. That thing is the devil in my opinion.

Take a look at Voopoo's PNP RTA Pod tank. It has a small-ish rebuildable deck similar to the deck on a Wasp Nano RDA. The vapor production and flavor on it is as good as most other RDAs I have, and you don't have to use a microscope to build it.

For 25-35mg salts, I'd use 26ga Kanthal or Ni80, 2.5mm, probably as close as will fit to 12 wraps, around 1 ohm. If you can't quite get there, drop your nic a little, say to 18mg freebase, if you can take the throat hit, and however many wraps will fit. Just please don't make yourself nic sick.

Hoosier Ecigs has the RTA Pod Tank in stock for $20.99 plus about 4 bucks for shipping. Will last you a lot longer and give a better vape than that RBA, imo.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Any squonker with any mesh rda. Or get the Dovpo Topside which takes a single 18650 but if you ever want to it will also take a 20700+21700 if you want more power in the future. For an rda I still use the Profile. It is an awesome RDA but there may be something better now, if not the Profile will satisfy you.

So just to chime in with my two cents...

I've been using a subohm setup for a long time, 6mg nic; just upgraded everything and I'm loving my new geek vape setup. Aegis Legend 2 with a Z2021 tank and 0.15 Ohm coils. Big billowy clouds at 85W.

But now I'm trying to quit smoking, and that won't cut it for the nic fits. But what is working great for me now is....Innokin Ares 2 MTL RTA and a geek vape aegis max 100W (single 18650). Need to get some higher gauge wire but for now I managed to pull off 1.2 ohm on 24g. I'm using 50mg nic salts no problem at 8.5-10W; no cough, no burn. My 70/30 salt juice works the best, but even 50/50 still works well enough.IMG_20210730_161356221_HDR.jpgIMG_20210730_161412404_HDR.jpg

VU Sponsors