Become a Patron!

SuperMax Questions

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
This thread is for questions about the SuperMax, for current and potential future users.

First - what is the SuperMax? It is a 70W box mod with a built in 2600 mAHr battery. It has an output voltage range of 3.0 to 5.5 volts and can output up to 15 A over that entire range. The electronics and software are completely custom designed and built by Artisan.

It is a full-featured mod (meaning that it has a voltmeter, battery level indicator, etc) with both a two-digit display and an audio indicator. It is also switchable between VV and VW modes. It is very small (only 3.150" L x 2.165" W by 1 inch deep) and has a single button on the front. It also has a built-in USB charger.

More detailed specs (including the manual) will be published on this thread.

Oh, and BTW, the price is only $160 with free shipping included.

SuperMax Hand.jpg SuperMax VU.jpg

Last edited:

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a supermax and it is by far my favorite device it has put my dna mods to the back up catagory

How does one go about ordering one? Is it a prepay and wait for delivery? Or do you get on the list and pay when it's ready to ship out?

Thanks

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how long does it take to get one,after i send the deposit ?

Melvins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how long does it take to get one,after i send the deposit ?

I was told around 4 to 5 weeks. If you email the address I posted you'll be in direct contact. Better to ask them than me. I'm not making them.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, sorry Melvins . Checked , people waiting since Feb. and March . I checked into them a while ago , forgot all about em. Way to long a wait ,
for me anyway. Ms. Fowler , did a heads up on it months ago and just got hers .

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Each SuperMax is made to order, so the length of time between when you pay the deposit and it ships will vary. For the first shipment, there was a really long delay, but this was because a bunch of technical problems crept up that took time to fix. They are all solved now and units have been going out pretty regularly, so the time between taking the deposit and shipping should be a few weeks, barring any delays for parts coming in, etc.

One nice thing is since we build all the electronics ourselves we're not subject to shortages/scarcity of particular chips made by a particular manufacturer. So far the only thing that has delayed shipping is getting the batteries, which seem to take forever to be shipped from China. The battery is the only part in the SuperMax that comes from China, BTW. Everything else is either from a North American source, or built custom by us (except for the bare PCB, which is made by a Korean company, but we populate it).

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Oh, sorry Melvins . Checked , people waiting since Feb. and March . I checked into them a while ago , forgot all about em. Way to long a wait ,
for me anyway. Ms. Fowler , did a heads up on it months ago and just got hers .

As I said, there was a really long wait for the first order, because of technical issues that arose. They are all solved now, and if you look at the shipping thread, they are shipping quite regularly now. Wait from deposit to shipping should be less than 4 weeks.

I have a quick question, I heard on the Facebook page there are going to be hardware and software upgrades, i was wondering what's this upgrade going to do for the supermax? I've just waited for a long time to get it and can hardly imagine my life with out this thing.

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
I don't want to give exact details yet (as I am still testing it), but it will involve improved accuracy for the resistance meter, a lower range
of reading resistance, increased output power, and some ease-of-use things I didn't have a chance to implement in the first 50 or so units.

I have also found a way to squeeze more power out of the regulator with a couple of component value changes.

Also, there are some minor bug fixes that have cropped up in the first few units.

If you like the way yours is working, no worries, hold onto it for a while before you send it back. There is a year warranty, and I will fix anyone's unit who was one of the first batch if they wait even longer than that. As I said on the Facebook page, just get it to me and I will upgrade it and send it back.

The SuperMax is a living project, in the sense that its not like its released and that's that. There will be constant improvements, and I intend to keep working on it for a long time.

I don't want to give exact details yet (as I am still testing it), but it will involve improved accuracy for the resistance meter, a lower range
of reading resistance, increased output power, and some ease-of-use things I didn't have a chance to implement in the first 50 or so units.

I have also found a way to squeeze more power out of the regulator with a couple of component value changes.

Also, there are some minor bug fixes that have cropped up in the first few units.

If you like the way yours is working, no worries, hold onto it for a while before you send it back. There is a year warranty, and I will fix anyone's unit who was one of the first batch if they wait even longer than that. As I said on the Facebook page, just get it to me and I will upgrade it and send it back.

The SuperMax is a living project, in the sense that its not like its released and that's that. There will be constant improvements, and I intend to keep working on it for a long time.
Awesome thank you for the reply and I will send it back shortly! Thank you for an awesome product and killer customer service!

sgenn99

Member For 4 Years
This thread is for questions about the SuperMax, for current and potential future users.

First - what is the SuperMax? It is a 70W box mod with a built in 2600 mAHr battery. It has an output voltage range of 3.0 to 5.5 volts and can output up to 15 A over that entire range. The electronics and software are completely custom designed and built by Artisan.

It is a full-featured mod (meaning that it has a voltmeter, battery level indicator, etc) with both a two-digit display and an audio indicator. It is also switchable between VV and VW modes. It is very small (only 3.150" L x 2.165" W by 1 inch deep) and has a single button on the front. It also has a built-in USB charger.

View attachment 152 View attachment 151
#045 received today. Been playing with it for the past hour or so and I think I love it!!

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Video review of the SuperMax, by VU's own Smokie (this is V1.0, BTW, not V2.0 which we are currently shipping);

617vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Artisan why have you been completely ignoring all the questions on your facebook page? I know many customers have asked for refunds on the super max due to your lack of response and all the delays, I have asked for a refund multiple times and you have yet to even respond, You have not responded to any ones questions in over a month, WHAT IS GOING ON?????????????

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 152 View attachment 151
I thought this was 80watts and I guess my question is simple... My IPV V2 does 16amps and I have no probs killing my RDA down to .3 ohms so why would I buy it over lets say the new SMY that is coming out that can do 30amps? Hey I am all for supporting USA stuff but I need a reason to buy it thats the only reason I have not.. I see you tinkering on your FB page but as a customer I want to know why? should I spend that much.. If you give me a good explanation heck I will order it

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you were able to ship weekly, i would be on it in a heartbeat....what a great looking beast!!!!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And those crappy sheet metal screws gotta go man dear god some nice annodized hex would look real nice..

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im an industrial decoration fan...love the screws and i would paint it to look like it was an old rusty industrial power box or something of the sort.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im an industrial decoration fan...love the screws and i would paint it to look like it was an old rusty industrial power box or something of the sort.
Actually I love old metal everything I found this bizarre box In my Grandfathers basement I still have not identified what it is its not big but I have thought about making some crazy mod out of it hahaha Rusted :)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yall just be careful.. seeing a lot of angry customers on their facebook due to lack of communication

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Artisan vaping does deliver it took a few months to get my supermax but he did send me the product I will say this is the most stable and hassle free regulated mod I own and because he builds these things on his own including the chip he can easily repair it if there is any issues I noticed during my wait that his posts of progress are lacking and sometimes there was a month or more in between communications but I did get it

617vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Artisan vaping does deliver it took a few months to get my supermax but he did send me the product I will say this is the most stable and hassle free regulated mod I own and because he builds these things on his own including the chip he can easily repair it if there is any issues I noticed during my wait that his posts of progress are lacking and sometimes there was a month or more in between communications but I did get it
Artisan has not responded to ANY of our questions or comments in over a month. They have customers that have been asking for refunds for over 2 months now, including me, One customer has been asking for a refund since May 12, Go look on the facebook page or even on this forum, They have not posted or commented on anything since August 3rd.. They are avoiding everyone.. So know they dont deliver. They owe tons of customers refunds or mods, So here prove me wrong, Get ARTISAN to respond, go ahead. Lets see if the even say a word...

617vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you willing to stand behind them, Do you really think we will get our mods? I dont. I will bet you your supemax that they delete their facebook page soon, I give it 30 days from now, If they dont delete their facebook page in that time and they start shipping I will give you a authentic Poldiac but if they do delete their facebook page and scam all the customers you give me your supermax. Do you believe in them that much

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After looking at the facebook page earlier today I would not put my hard earned money against it I only spoke on my own experience with artisan vaping I think it was like 5 months I had to wait to get mine it works very well but it is wasted in my hands because I hate dripping and use single coil builds on a kfl+ I hope you guys see some results in the near future

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This guy is a straight up scam artist. I was smart enough to file a PayPal claim at 29 days and received my money back. He refused to refund my money on his own. He gave out free mods to reviewers, while the people who paid got nothing. Do not do business, read his FB page.

VU Sponsors