Become a Patron!

Sweet Pearmelon

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this is a simple recipe that took me about 5 years to get how I like lol. I messed around with several pears, watermelons & sweeteners, but I think I'm going to stop right here. It's sweet & soft, with a summertime-feel. One thing that surprised me was that I thought it got best after a 14-day steep. Usually, my fruits are good to go right off the bat, but even though this one was decent as a s&v, I think it changed for the better after 2 weeks.

4% CAP Pear
1% TFA Smooth
.5% CAP Super Sweet
4.5% CAP Sweet Watermelonwatermelon-pears-10438807.jpg

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So this is a simple recipe that took me about 5 years to get how I like. I messed around with several pears,
Vape Wild had a pre-made juice "pair o melons" that I loved (although it tasted more like honeydew melon that I love) Sounds good. Have you ever tried Wayne's "water malone" (DIYorDie)? It's a one shot and really good (and you can find the clone recipe for that... he adds a little apple) I suppose you don't need that anyway with the pear (and I have learned you are much more experienced than me) Just a thought. Do you have opinions on TFA honeydew?
What is TFA smooth?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm working on a new recipe (need to figure out the %):
FA cappuccino, FW hazelnut, MB s'mores brownie. Maybe a tiny bit of WF brazilian coffee too (it's so strong... wont need much) I had almost given up on coffee but "mocha" seems to work great for me (and brownie, toasted marshmallow and hazelnut really works... coffee is just a player in this recipe and not the star.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Wild had a pre-made juice "pair o melons" that I loved (although it tasted more like honeydew melon that I love) Sounds good. Have you ever tried Wayne's "water malone" (DIYorDie)? It's a one shot and really good (and you can find the clone recipe for that... he adds a little apple) I suppose you don't need that anyway with the pear (and I have learned you are much more experienced than me) Just a thought. Do you have opinions on TFA honeydew?
What is TFA smooth?
No I never tried the Water Malone. The only melon that I like is watermelon so I have also never tasted the TFA Honeydew.

TFA Smooth is more of an additive than a flavor, although if you turn it up you will get a weird citrus flavor. I use it on fruits, as I find the fruit flavorings can sometimes give me an annoying harsh bite upon intake. I use to only use it wit lemons, limes & oranges, but now I find myself using it on others as well. It rounds off any sharp edges I might encounter when pushing some those flavorings.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting... FA lulo is similar (adds "juiciness" but to me it has a mild "grapefruit" note) It is not harsh at all.
Yes, citrus can give me a (mild) harshness but that has never been an issue. I am going to make a BCF order soon (do not want to make any other orders right now... although JF and LB are on my wishlist) I will try your watermelon (for the kiwi/peach/watermelon) that I love! Please try to find the time to input suggestions on this thread (you are a personal hero to me... you and WG) I have read old threads (and reviews) by HIC... good stuff. I came along after he was gone (?) Seems I missed the really good times.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting... FA lulo is similar (adds "juiciness" but to me it has a mild "grapefruit" note) It is not harsh at all.
Yes, citrus can give me a (mild) harshness but that has never been an issue. I am going to make a BCF order soon (do not want to make any other orders right now... although JF and LB are on my wishlist) I will try your watermelon (for the kiwi/peach/watermelon) that I love! Please try to find the time to input suggestions on this thread (you are a personal hero to me... you and WG) I have read old threads (and reviews) by HIC... good stuff. I came along after he was gone (?) Seems I missed the really good times.
What kiwi are you using?

I don't know if there are any heroes around here, but there sure are a lot of good people. šŸ˜€

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA kiwi (I like it... mostly realistic with a bit of "candy") For peach I combine TFA peach juicy and FA white peach. Then I add some FLV mango and just a bit of FA apricot (in a 1, 1/2, 1/4 ratio... not % but relative to solo %... this always confuses people)
FA Kiwi has a really nice flavor, I use it almost exclusively. The only complaint I have with it is that it seems to fade fast. I find myself adding more into the bigger batches after a month or so.

I recently got me some FW Kiwi, but I haven't even opened it yet.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FA Kiwi has a really nice flavor, I use it almost exclusively. The only complaint I have with it is that it seems to fade fast. I find myself adding more into the bigger batches after a month or so.
I tend to mix smaller batches (maybe a good thing in this case) Lemons especially (but I am determined to get FE lemon... FJ has it... I am ordering that in 1 week... please don't buy it all up... I will cry if it's out of stock. HH... did you understand my "ratio" reference? It just seems to really confuse people when I do that (because most people don't mix solo... SFT but I do that for every new flavor) Thank you for the input (WG knows I try to do everything to keep this thread active)

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to mix smaller batches (maybe a good thing in this case) Lemons especially (but I am determined to get FE lemon... FJ has it... I am ordering that in 1 week... please don't buy it all up... I will cry if it's out of stock. HH... did you understand my "ratio" reference? It just seems to really confuse people when I do that (because most people don't mix solo... SFT but I do that for every new flavor) Thank you for the input (WG knows I try to do everything to keep this thread active)
Until I get a mix worked out, I only make 15ml at a time. Once it's down to clown, I make 120's myself.

FE Lemon is indeed very nice. I use it in my lemon custard donuts recipe. I like to add just a touch of FA Lemon Sicily (not much, FA LS is strong) for a beautiful lemon flavor. You'll probably like that FE, though.

I understood your ratio, but I'm old & used to percentages lol.

VU Sponsors