Become a Patron!

Sweet RY4

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally nailed down a killer dessert-type RY4 with nothing but FA, and it's nice and easy (if a bit derivative)!

FA RY4 - 5%
FA Vanilla Classic - 1%
FA Caramel - .5%
FA Hazelnut - .5%
FA Irish Cream - .25%

Ideally, you'll want to let this sit and soften for four or five days before digging in, or use your favorite speed-steeping routine to put the equivalent of a week or so on it. This is essential, as the RY4/Hazelnut combo will leave an unpleasant solvent aftertaste in your mouth if you try to vape it fresh. Just steep it, dummy! :D

I enjoy the taste of FA RY4 standalone, so I've been experimenting with other FA flavorings that accentuate, soften, or otherwise alter the notes without drastically changing the base flavor profile.

FA Hazelnut boosts the nutty tobacco notes of RY4, and the additional sweetness brought by Caramel offers a welcome contrast. Vanilla Classic and Irish Cream soften the earthiness of RY4 on the exhale. If you prefer a darker, spicier RY4, substitute FA Vanilla Bourbon for Classic (I personally prefer the unobtrusive smoothness of Classic in this recipe). The light chocolate note in Irish Cream lends a very subtle richness to the tobacco.

This RY4 is definitely on the sweet side, but tame enough to vape all day (at least for me). It is, IMO, barely recognizable as a "tobacco" vape.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been trying to develop a sweet tobacco for a friend. Luckily I included some Ry4 in my order today so maybe this will work good for him. Thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been trying to develop a sweet tobacco for a friend. Luckily I included some Ry4 in my order today so maybe this will work good for him. Thanks
I got mine in a flavor purchase from another forum member, along with a bunch of others. The RY4 hadn't been opened till I made this yesterday. Can't wait to try it!

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got mine in a flavor purchase from another forum member, along with a bunch of others. The RY4 hadn't been opened till I made this yesterday. Can't wait to try it!
Yeah, I think I saw that. I was a little late in seeing it. Good buy was it? Let us know what you think.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will! I just hate waiting....lol!

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've vaped this recipe at the 3-day mark and it's plenty tasty, but the Hazelnut and Irish Cream are still a bit forward in the mix at that point. If you have nothing against a nuttier tobacco and you dig the Irish Cream, by all means, have a little sampler after 3 days!

The only reason why I know this is that I tore through my last test batch too fast to allow the new batch time enough to steep lol.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, Irish Cream takes FA's RY4 to a whole 'nother level. I bumped it to .5% for the most recent tester and it's more prominent but not overbearing at all. Together with the earthiness of the RY4, I'm now getting a creamy, bittersweet chocolate on the exhale.

I happen to be a huge fan of Ghirardelli's Midnight Reverie, so I guess I'm in luck! :vino:

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I mixed 30 mls of this and gave it 90 minutes in the crock pot at 150. If my friend don't like this one he may have to find someone else to help him. I don't think I can do any better. My first time vaping RY4. I likey.

EDIT: Hmmm, I might just go ahead and bump the Irish Cream, sounds good. Thanks @retrox

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I might give this one a try, minus the Irish Cream since I don't have it. I also only have FA RY4 Double. I'm guessing I'd just need to adjust the percentage with it, but not sure if there's a taste difference between the two.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might give this one a try, minus the Irish Cream since I don't have it. I also only have FA RY4 Double. I'm guessing I'd just need to adjust the percentage with it, but not sure if there's a taste difference between the two.
Nooooo, FA only makes RY4, which is nothing like TFA RY4 Double. Wouldn't turn out the same at all, my friend. ;)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nooooo, FA only makes RY4, which is nothing like TFA RY4 Double. Wouldn't turn out the same at all, my friend. ;)
Thanks Teresa. I was kinda afraid of that. The only other RY4 I have is DIYFS Holy Holy RY4. I wonder how it would work?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Teresa. I was kinda afraid of that. The only other RY4 I have is DIYFS Holy Holy RY4. I wonder how it would work?
I haven't gotten around to trying that one, but I bet it's good.
I did just look at the original post and the recipe does call for FA's RY4, so if you have that you'll be good. I made this a few days ago but haven't tried it yet.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Markw4mms : Teresa's on the money. DRY4 is much sweeter than FA's version and not as earthy. I like it at 7% with 1% FA Vanilla Classic, 0.5% FW Caramel Candy, and 0.25% AP; but no matter how I mix it, it tends to get cloying as an ADV due to the sweetness.

Also, you could search for Rocket Puppy's RY4 for another nutty variant using DRY4.

edit: Sorry, DRY4 = TFA RY4 Double. I keep using my recipe calc abbreviations as if everyone should know what I'm referring to. :confused:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Markw4mms : Teresa's on the money. DRY4 is much sweeter than FA's version and not as earthy. I like it at 7% with 1% FA Vanilla Classic, 0.5% FW Caramel Candy, and 0.25% AP; but no matter how I mix it, it tends to get cloying as an ADV due to the sweetness.

Also, you could search for Rocket Puppy's RY4 for another nutty variant using DRY4.

edit: Sorry, DRY4 = TFA RY4 Double. I keep using my recipe calc abbreviations as if everyone should know what I'm referring to. :confused:
Thanks! I got the DRY4 to make the Tribeca clone that's posted om the board. I'm sure I'll find other uses for it as well. The DIYFS Holy, Holy RY4 is very sweet as well, but it tastes good to me.

I made a small batch of this a week ago and for the last hour have been vaping it. Really, really nice. Next mixing session I'll be making a bigger bottle and a tester with 0.5% Irish Cream.

Great recipe @retrox . Thank you for posting.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This is just getting better and better. I should say I did have to substitute mixed nut for the hazelnut.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nut Mix is a fine sub, and FA Walnut works well in the role too. Hazelnut was the last FA nut I tried in the recipe, and it just stuck.

I had to mix a 350 ml bottle to make it to the 6-week mark, and it does steep out very well. Glad you're enjoying it!

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the rocket puppy ry4 is good.. it needs a steep for sure, but if u only have tpa double ry4 mix that recipe up. its a goodie!!!

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@Teresa P did you like or no? Inquiring minds want to know.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Teresa P did you like or no? Inquiring minds want to know.
I finally did, yes! I say "finally" because I did indeed "dig in" after four days and hate to say I was unimpressed. Didn't taste bad, but nothing like I was expecting. I stuck it back in the desk drawer and waited a few more days. Day #10 I tried it again and was totally blown away, soooo very good! I've no idea why it took so long to come to maturity, but I can tell you that the older it gets, the better it is. I'll be making another larger batch to tuck away and ignore, very good vape!

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm definitely going to try this, since I love ry4 everything. Also it lets me get rid of my FA caramel and FA ry4 which have been around a while.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like it best with the Irish Cream at the .25%.
I did mix a concentrate of all the flavors so now it's really easy to make. I'm glad I did too because I have developed an aversion to VG and had to go high PG. So I can drop the percent of flavor used and the ratios stay the same.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most any tobacco blend benefits from a good long steep, and this one's no exception. It smooths out considerably after a couple of weeks. Flavor peaks for me around the 6-8 week mark.

Which reminds me, I need to go to Michael's today and get another 350 ml bottle lol...

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My son came for a visit yesterday. I gave him 100 mls of this. He said it was my best tobacco mix yet. When he runs out of juice and comes for another visit I'll tell him where I got the recipe.;)

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got two newly converted ex-smokers at work hooked on this recipe too

Always nice to read something like this. I'm sure having a nice tasting juice will make it much easier for them to keep off of the analogs. I know it was a huge asset for me when I first quit them.

VU Sponsors