Become a Patron!

SX Mini by YiHi

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I obviously struck a nerve. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I call em the way I see em.

Did anyone else receive this, I mean really have it and would like to contribute their thoughts on this device, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like a nice design minus the single 18650. I do vape around 100watts the battery life would be terrible. Seems like a device better suited for 40watts or below

scartn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I just jumped in and ordered a black one. Side Street Vapors has 2 silver ones left in stock. Was going to order a rdna Mon but thought I'd try something different and give this a try. Wished they made a sharkskin like cover for it.

Rosiecop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mines today! Build is great, hits like a champ, but the menu seems less than intuitive to me. Maybe I'm just a puddinghead, but I want to give it a few days to see if it gets more natural to me. Gonna check on that speed charge later on. Can someone please clue me in to this buck boost thing? Has a lot of features on this thing also, and has year warrantee, hopefully nobody has to find out how good it is.
Where did you get it from
I got mine on Monday... It's pretty sweet... I work 12 hour shifts and my place of employment doesn't allow smoke breaks... Or vaping breaks for that matter... So I haven't gotten a chance to really dive into all the features... The guy at a local brick and mortar (Pittsburgh) got a small shipment in and I was fortunate enough to reserve one. He schooled me to the basics, gave me the dime tour... I Also picked up an Atlantis tank... Threw that sucker on there and haven't picked up my dripper since... The whole set up is great... Innovative tank, innovative mod... For sure the best thing I've vaped on. I will post a follow up with more pros and cons as I use it with some of my other RDA's and stuff.

Rosiecop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you get it from

scartn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ordered mine from Side Street Vapors. they still had 2 silver ones left on Sat.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like a nice design minus the single 18650. I do vape around 100watts the battery life would be terrible. Seems like a device better suited for 40watts or below
I've posted this on a half dozen threads but I might as well post it here too as people are still confused. It's a 60w device. Not 100watt. This device has been pimped as 100watts (Joe) and also pimped as 120W (Tyger Tyger). Just not true...I spoke to Joe himself in person who also confirmed his initial post was wrong and it is only 60w.

Read for yourself on YiHi's site. (regarding the SX-350 Mini Chipset)

"Single Battery Mode "5w - 60w"
"Dual Batteries Mode "5w - 120w"

http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX350-mini-283289.html

Can anyone prove this to be wrong? I dont own one, I'm just going off the specs advertised on every pre-order and the chip manufacturers specs...

compile

Member For 4 Years
The SXMini is a 60W device. The SXmini 350 is a 120W board. They have worded it wrong or possibly trying to confuse people into buying it thinking it does 100W.

They need to alter the spec sheet to make it say 60W only.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like I have seen lower wattage SX350 chips for sale and a higher priced 100 watt SX350 for around 80 bucks. Maybe to meet their price point for launch they used a lower rated chip. With just a single 18650, they probably knew that 100 watts would net less-than-satisfied feedback. Can't really judge by what resellers price things at, though. If a bunch of people are clamoring for 100+ watts, you can bet they will exploit the demand. I'm sure some chip nerd knows more about it than me.

compile

Member For 4 Years
Seems like I have seen lower wattage SX350 chips for sale and a higher priced 100 watt SX350 for around 80 bucks. Maybe to meet their price point for launch they used a lower rated chip. With just a single 18650, they probably knew that 100 watts would net less-than-satisfied feedback. Can't really judge by what resellers price things at, though. If a bunch of people are clamoring for 100+ watts, you can bet they will exploit the demand. I'm sure some chip nerd knows more about it than me.
A 1.5ohm coil at 100W with a VTC5 would give you 5 mins of vape time @ 5 second puffs and that if the battery doesn't vent in your face.
A 1.5ohm coil at 100W with a VTC5 would give you 5 mins of vape time @ 5 second puffs and that if the battery doesn't vent in your face. Even with a 1.8 ohm coil it still gives you about 12% headroom on the battery Amp limit.

Even if your battery could handle the massive draw, I still wouldn't as if there is a spike or even an improper ohm reading you could have a grenade in your hand.

compile

Member For 4 Years
You can run that chip at 120w with series batteries. The apparently are gonna do a add on to the unit to do it.
Yes the chip can and will be upgraded to 120W. This mod with a single 18650 at that wattage is an accident waiting to happen.

Its advertised incorrectly. The board is being introduced with this mod. They need to separate all the specs of the SXmini 350 from the advertisement of the SXMini (which is a device). If they are willfully advertising it can handle it because of a wattage race, they are asking for trouble, they may have someone that doesn't speak English fluently. I'd be wary of vaping this with a single 18650 at 120w.
You can run that chip at 120w with series batteries. The apparently are gonna do a add on to the unit to do it.
Yes the chip can and will be upgraded to 120W. This mod with a single 18650 at that wattage is an accident waiting to happen.

Its advertised incorrectly. The board is being introduced with this mod. They need to separate all the specs of the SXmini 350 from the advertisement of the SXMini (which is a device). If they are willfully advertising it can handle it because of a wattage race, they are asking for trouble, they may have someone that doesn't speak English fluently. I'd be wary of vaping this with a single 18650 at 120w.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.5 @ 100 watts would be about what you'd get straight off of your car battery? 5 seconds...LOL.

compile

Member For 4 Years
1.5 @ 100 watts would be about what you'd get straight off of your car battery? 5 seconds...LOL.
That's according to steam engine. I used 1.5 as I think that's avg.
5mins of battery life taking 5 second draws. Doesn't seem like good value lol.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A 1.5ohm coil at 100W with a VTC5 would give you 5 mins of vape time @ 5 second puffs and that if the battery doesn't vent in your face. Even with a 1.8 ohm coil it still gives you about 12% headroom on the battery Amp limit.
Even if your battery could handle the massive draw, I still wouldn't as if there is a spike or even an improper ohm reading you could have a grenade in your hand.
I have to disagree with this. A VTC5 is a 30Amp continuous discharge battery. You need 12.25 Volts to achieve 100w with a 1.5ohm coil. This demands 8.16Amps. That is less than 28% of the battery's rated continuous output. A 1.5ohm @ 200watts demands less than 12Amps. It's the low ohm builds that are a problem. This device cant even power over 60watts with a single battery, even if it could it could never achieve 100 Watts with a 1.5ohm because it cant fire above 9.5Volts, even then, 9.5V with 1.5ohm = 6.3Amps and 60 Watts.

.15ohm at 100w STILL only pulls 25Amps. For a Sony, this is no problem at all. For LG's and Samsungs...be very very careful.

compile

Member For 4 Years
I have to disagree with this. A VTC5 is a 30Amp continuous discharge battery. You need 12.25 Volts to achieve 100w with a 1.5ohm coil. This demands 8.16Amps. That is less than 28% of the battery's rated continuous output. A 1.5ohm @ 200watts demands less than 12Amps. It's the low ohm builds that are a problem. This device cant even power over 60watts with a single battery, even if it could it could never achieve 100 Watts with a 1.5ohm because it cant fire above 9.5Volts, even then, 9.5V with 1.5ohm = 6.3Amps and 60 Watts.

.15ohm at 100w STILL only pulls 25Amps. For a Sony, this is no problem at all. For LG's and Samsungs...be very very careful.
My bad. Had a long day.
At 0.17ohms from what I've seen people day works, 12% headroom on AMP draw. Still cutting it close for my liking.

From Steam engine:
0.17ohm @100watts.
26.46Amps
5 mins of battery.

Anyways this device won't be 100 watts, the board itself will.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My bad. Had a long day.
At 0.17ohms from what I've seen people day works, 12% headroom on AMP draw. Still cutting it close for my liking.

But still 5 mins of battery.

My bad. Had a long day.

From Steam engine:
0.17ohm @100watts.
26.46Amps
5 mins of battery.

Anyways this device won't be 100 watts, the board itself will.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Me too!! Yes, but if you think about it thats about 60 5 second pulls at 100watts. Realistically, at 100 watts your pull will be about 1-2 seconds. So, if we take the high end of 2, this equals 150 super intense 100watt hits off 1 18650. Or 300 1 second pulls.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More realistic. At 5 seconds I'd be passing out for 45 mins or so every few minutes of vaping so it could last me all day.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, not to pile on you, 2nd in Command, you seem like a nice enough guy but, even your name "2ndincommand" which I assume is a reference to your wife being in charge , is kinda sad. Marriage shouldn't be one half dictating orders to another, it's supposed to be a partnership, a give and a take, I thought. I know, different strokes, buy jeez, it seems your whole identity is wrapped up in your subservience. You place more importance on the length of time you've been married than the quality of your relationship. Just because you do something for a long time doesn't make it commendable.

As for your fear of posting a picture because you're afraid of someone knocking on your door, it's crazy, but ok, it's a rule your wife enforces, so I understand. But, if you are going to join an online forum and comment, but choose not contribute, it's your right, but I just don't understand it. Much like a marriage should be, the forum community is both a give and take...a place to get information, but also contribute; that's what makes it great. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

I don't see" 2nd in commands" posts like you do , i don't think he thinks nut jobs are going to show up at his house if he posts a pic of his mod , i think his reluctance to post pics online relates to anything , regardless of what it is. If he and his wife have an agreement to not post anything online that means everything regardless of what it is.

Nobody knows how he and his wifes relationship is and drawing conclusions based on his screen name is a bit much . Seems like a class act to me.

compile

Member For 4 Years
Me too!! Yes, but if you think about it thats about 60 5 second pulls at 100watts. Realistically, at 100 watts your pull will be about 1-2 seconds. So, if we take the high end of 2, this equals 150 super intense 100watt hits off 1 18650. Or 300 1 second pulls.
Ya i was just using it as an example. I know some guys that vape at 80w that do more then 5 second pulls. Iron lungs?
Still shitty battery life though.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya i was just using it as an example. I know some guys that vape at 80w that do more then 5 second pulls. Iron lungs?
Still shitty battery life though.
Haha. I know a guy that looks like wolverine and wins a lot of cloud competitions. He has lungs of steel, 5 seconds @ 100w is nothing to him. LOL

compile

Member For 4 Years
Haha. I know a guy that looks like wolverine and wins a lot of cloud competitions. He has lungs of steel, 5 seconds @ 100w is nothing to him. LOL
Yup some people can do it some can't. Nothing wrong with it if you can handle it.
I just need a new mod, this cheap Hana clone, has a wiring issue and since I just picked up an Atlantis, need more powa!

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this mod has promise. I think in the near future the trend will move from box mods with the most watts, to smaller, easy to carry 100w mods.

I want something I can carry in my pocket, last all day, at around 60w. This may be the one I buy, just waiting for some crediable reviews.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are all holding out for freebs.

Don't worry...When they give them some, they will give them thumbs up. That's how the game is played.

I don't know what the deal is with half these places. Some say in stock and then that it is a preorder for some future date on the same page. Feels like another one of those things where you can't get the original, wait for a clone, see substandard clones, wait some more, and finally lose interest because something better is being released.

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got a video up HERE for anyone interested in this device.

TLDW: I love it.
great job!
Well, it looks like ive finally found my dream device. Build quality, SX chipset, power, ergonomics, and a small attractive form factor.

One of the feww $200 devices that almost seems like a great value at that price point

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being this is a chinese company, would be no surprise this unit will be 89 dollars within 6 months

Rosiecop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great job ,does anybody have it in stock

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Possibly, but they're charging that much for the authentic chip (same manufacturer as the mod) prob be a clone of the mod before they price it that low.

It will go down tho, strict MAP pricing on this one for early birds...

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Depends on how well they sell. If they don't move it will drop. At the pace of releases they'll be offering something different in a couple of weeks.

compile

Member For 4 Years
I ordered one today from Yetivapes. Doesn't ship out until the 19th. Already on batch 2, doubt this mod will drop in price much. My boss might be interested in carrying them and we only sell authentic stuff and move a ton of it.

The review sealed the deal for me, well that and the fact I bought an authentic Dark Horse which barely fires at 0.5ohm (26g Kanth) on my Hana clone.

I need my SXMini, yesterday!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Possibly, but they're charging that much for the authentic chip (same manufacturer as the mod) prob be a clone of the mod before they price it that low.

It will go down tho, strict MAP pricing on this one for early birds...

They won't be able to help themselves. They will flood the market as soon as sales slow down even slightly. Being the chip and mod maker, they have the margins to do it.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered one today from Yetivapes. Doesn't ship out until the 19th. Already on batch 2, doubt this mod will drop in price much. My boss might be interested in carrying them and we only sell authentic stuff and move a ton of it.

The review sealed the deal for me, well that and the fact I bought an authentic Dark Horse which barely fires at 0.5ohm (26g Kanth) on my Hana clone.

I need my SXMini, yesterday!

I almost ordered from there. They listed it as "in stock" and then I saw that they had some faded-out fine print below that it was a preorder, so I pulled it. There have been enough preorders going on for a couple of months that they don't need to be staging those kinds of stunts. Who even knows what "shipping out" means? Every time that I have preordered the last few months, the items showed up in stock someplace else (often cheaper) before mine was ever in the mail. It's China. Big mistake to judge their ability to pump out mods by the pathetic performance of U.S. based companies. VapeNW will probably drop a few hundred of them on eBay any day. (That still won't be the best price you will see.)

Now I am hearing about a new YiHi chip that is 250 watts and temp control launching in a week or so. I don't need that much power but perhaps somebody has designed a dual cell mod for it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My thoughts are, this is sexy looking and I like it, but 100W on a single battery? Why? That right there killed it .. too bad, I love the way it looks. :(
I like the shape nice front similar look to the zero mod but just as everyone is saying they could have made it a bit wider two 18650's they would have a winner 175.00 now thats funny...

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

compile

Member For 4 Years
I almost ordered from there. They listed it as "in stock" and then I saw that they had some faded-out fine print below that it was a preorder, so I pulled it. There have been enough preorders going on for a couple of months that they don't need to be staging those kinds of stunts. Who even knows what "shipping out" means? Every time that I have preordered the last few months, the items showed up in stock someplace else (often cheaper) before mine was ever in the mail. It's China. Big mistake to judge their ability to pump out mods by the pathetic performance of U.S. based companies. VapeNW will probably drop a few hundred of them on eBay any day. (That still won't be the best price you will see.)

Now I am hearing about a new YiHi chip that is 250 watts and temp control launching in a week or so. I don't need that much power but perhaps somebody has designed a dual cell mod for it.
If you can find one in stock, good for you. Most of the vendors that are carrying them are sold out. I called Yeti and they said they should be getting their 2nd batch in next Friday. If I don't hear anything from them between Friday and Tuesday I will cancel the order and most likely end up with a VaporShark since I can get one whenever I want.

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not a real SX300. There are only 2 authorized SX OEM's and that's P4U and Sigelei.

Will not buy another box mod from FT ever again.
Who said it was? If you have the budget for a VS then go for it.

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Varitube.com has them in stock. Picked mine up Monday from Perry. Compared to my Authentic ZNA30, it's the same size of it when it is in 18490 mode (non extended tube). I know the price is hard to swallow being that it's from a "Chinese company" and all, but it's really built well.

--Bill

Attachments

• sxmini.jpg
    sxmini.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 50

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I need to order one of these tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scartn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny how everyone wants to bitch about the price of the SX mini but is ok to pay the same for the rdna. Hell the VS dna 20 was $169 a year ago and sold like crazy.
Both my sx mini and rdna 30 came in last thur. Not much time to play with them but been using a Atlantis swapping between the two at 25w and the batt. that came with rdna won't last a full tank. The mini will go more than 2 tanks with a vtc5. As far as quality I have to give it to the mini. This thing is built like a tank. Time will tell how it holds up.

I read somewhere awhile back that the VS was made in China. Don't know how true but it does make sense.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny how everyone wants to bitch about the price of the SX mini but is ok to pay the same for the rdna. Hell the VS dna 20 was $169 a year ago and sold like crazy.
Both my sx mini and rdna 30 came in last thur. Not much time to play with them but been using a Atlantis swapping between the two at 25w and the batt. that came with rdna won't last a full tank. The mini will go more than 2 tanks with a vtc5. As far as quality I have to give it to the mini. This thing is built like a tank. Time will tell how it holds up.

I read somewhere awhile back that the VS was made in China. Don't know how true but it does make sense.
Amen brother..

IMO the VS RDNA is butt ugly, and doesn't bring what I want to the table, as far as aesthetics, power, and versatility. This has enough power to run anything I have to the fullest, and looks damn sexy doing it.

YIHI is doing things right, and to throw them in the same category as the cheap Chinese cloners is unjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hah - yeah. VS just buys the chips from Evolv and ships them to China and receives they devices back in bulk. Nothing really special there. But with that said, I agree with scartn. I have the VS (30/40) as well (gave it to my Fiance) and this thing blows it away. Not only that, but the Yihi chip is extremely stable. If we ever need an update, we can just download it right to the device. Not like with Evolv, you need to hope that the chip is flashed with the most recent firmware and we know with their latest round of issues, stabilityh isn't really there (I have 3 DNA 40's and only one is not having an issue). Anyway, I don't want to start a debate, I own everything out there, but the SX Mini is by far my favorite device to date. The only thing that I own that might be built slightly better would be my Authentic ZNA30 from HoH. But then again, it's a $300 device. If I were to do it again, I would rather buy the SX Mini.

VU Sponsors