Become a Patron!

Sx mini g class...fried coils

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my sx mini g class from varitube. Every time I screw on the atomizer it seems to fry the coils. I am just trying to put it on the mod...I don't press the fire button. Is it a short? Bad coils? Anyone got any advice/input for me?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a short somewhere. That's crazy. There may be juice inside the button making it fire automatic

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Ok yea I'd definitely contact them. Not sure of another reason the circuit would be closed for it to fire other than manufacturing defect

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It happens as I screw on the tank and it makes contact with the gold plated 510 pin. Smoke and burnt smell coming from tank. I can hear it sizzling and I have to unscrew it to break the connection. Rueful smile...the price was 169 shipped. Well, things happen I suppose...

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great news!!! Cost me $43.00 to overnight this mod to veritube. I had read they are very reasonable regarding any problems with your order. Said they of course would replace it no problem. I was really concerned about it asoas this is my first high end mod. Perry from Veritube was very understanding. Veritube stands by their warranty. Just a shout out to his Facebook page where you can check out high end custom mods @Perry veritube.
I had been in touch with YIHI before trying to figure out where to buy from and they sent me to Veritube.com...Perry is definitely their go to guy here in the states. I mention this only because I had not a clue where to starttstart process.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great news!!! Cost me $43.00 to overnight this mod to veritube. I had read they are very reasonable regarding any problems with your order. Said they of course would replace it no problem. I was really concerned about it asoas this is my first high end mod. Perry from Veritube was very understanding. Veritube stands by their warranty. Just a shout out to his Facebook page where you can check out high end custom mods @Perry veritube.
I had been in touch with YIHI before trying to figure out where to buy from and they sent me to Veritube.com...Perry is definitely their go to guy here in the states. I mention this only because I had not a clue where to starttstart process.
Gladnyou got it worked out

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know. i've only ordered parts from them and it's been a good experience each time.
Yes, I am tickled at how how prompt he has been to address any issues. I will definitely be ordering from him again. My new g class shipped today. He has treated me as a priority. Love this guy

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's definitely a manufacturing defect somewhere. It it were mine I would have exchanged it too. Even if I could have gotten it working, that kinda short could have damaged the electronics which can show up later.

With a light bulb, it either works or it doesn't. There is no in between. With micro electronics they can take cumulative damage that doesn't show up right away. It might have 2 years worth of wear on the board or it's components just from a couple times of being overloaded like that. Maybe not, but I wouldn't take the chance on a brand new one under warranty.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's definitely a manufacturing defect somewhere. It it were mine I would have exchanged it too. Even if I could have gotten it working, that kinda short could have damaged the electronics which can show up later.

With a light bulb, it either works or it doesn't. There is no in between. With micro electronics they can take cumulative damage that doesn't show up right away. It might have 2 years worth of wear on the board or it's components just from a couple times of being overloaded like that. Maybe not, but I wouldn't take the chance on a brand new one under warranty.
I should have it by maybe Saturday? Sorta bittersweet to have actually had it in my hands only to have send it back. But he has already shipped my new one out which is very fast! I have a brand new freemax pro mesh tank for it as well as new 18650's and efest charger. On day 7 of no stinkiest. Figured I can't invest this much money and go back to smoking, chuckle.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured I can't invest this much money and go back to smoking, chuckle.
Yeah, you didn't exactly go bargain basement for your first mod. :D
On day 7 of no stinkiest.
I don't know what it was you were smoking, but if it was "stinkiest", you definitely need to stay away :rolleyes:

BTW, YIHI devices are notoriously non-intuitive and confusing to setup and use. Even for people experienced with regulated mods. Do feel free to ask questions when you get it. The joystick navigation and it's interface are not THAT bad once you get the hang of it, but getting the hang of it can be a bit of an adventure at first.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, you didn't exactly go bargain basement for your first mod. :D

I don't know what it was you were smoking, but if it was "stinkiest", you definitely need to stay away :rolleyes:

BTW, YIHI devices are notoriously non-intuitive and confusing to setup and use. Even for people experienced with regulated mods. Do feel free to ask questions when you get it. The joystick navigation and it's interface are not THAT bad once you get the hang of it, but getting the hang of it can be a bit of an adventure at first.
Appreciate that a lot! Will definitely be hitting y'all up when I hit those roadblocks. By stinkiest... meaning cigarettes and yes I definitely need to stay off of them. Serious health issues. Appreciate the support...dang typos lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All smiles...was just checking out your trade posts...whaaaaa?! Stunning! Very cool!
The hardware thread is a great place. Tons of great sellers. And most of us keep our mods in pristine condition. Or buy sell and trade so fast they don't have time to get messed up. Lol. Couldn't tell you how many thousands I've probably spend there.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hardware thread is a great place. Tons of great sellers. And most of us keep our mods in pristine condition. Or buy sell and trade so fast they don't have time to get messed up. Lol. Couldn't tell you how many thousands I've probably spend there.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
Very cool, I will check it out now and thank you!

VU Sponsors