Become a Patron!

SXK Bantam Box Revision 30W

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Bantam Box Revision Kit from SXK and Pro-Vapes. The SXK Bantam Box Revision was supplied for the purpose of this review by Linky from Sacowin, SXK's marketing company.

https://www.sacowin.com/product/bantam-box-revision/

Introduction

SXK possibly best known for their one to one clones have teamed up with a UK company Pro-Vapes to bring us not a clone but a mini Billet Box influenced device called the Bantam Box. The Bantam Box was released a few months ago but here we have a revised edition which includes as well as a Billet Style Boro tank a pre-installed pod style tank with quick fill method especially designed to work with the included Nautilus coil adaptor.

The Revision version also comes with an included 18350 battery and with everything that's included concentrates on stock coil use rather than rebuildables as it also including an Kangertech EUC adaptor, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Bantam Box Device
1x 18350 Battery
1x Refillable Pod Unit
1x Refillable Tank Unit
1x Quick Release Connector
1x Flush Fit Connector
1x 1.8ohm Aspire Nautilus Coil
1x 1.5ohm Ceramic MTL Coil
1x EUC Coil Adaptor

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Bantam Box Revision came in cardboard box packaging with everything included having it's own compartment within the box. Both side panels on all versions are Black G10 and the device comes in 7 chassis colour options, i received the Green. The colour options are Silver, Purple, Brown, Red, Black, Orange and Green, the chassis material is Aluminium.

The device is Billet Box Styled but a small square mini version making it very convenient as a carry about device and very comfortable to use. Up top we have both a mini screen and 510 drip tip housed in the drip tip adaptor which is also to secure the internal tank. Towards the bottom on one edge we have cutout sections to allow air to the tank and on one side we have a round fire button. The panels have slight play but we have no button rattle and overall build quality is very good.

Bantam Box Specs and Features:

Anodised Aluminium Construction, G10
5.5ml, 2ml Capacity Tank Unit (EU)
Dimensions: 55 x 55 x 24.5mm
Output Power: 5W - 30W
Output Voltage: 1V - 8.0V
Resistance Range: 0.4Ω - 3.0Ω
Input Voltage: 3.3V - 4.2V
Display: 0.49” OLED
Quiescent Current: <50uA
On-board USB Charging
Colours: Silver, Purple, Brown, Red, Black, Orange, Green

What You Get And What's Available

Pre-installed we have a pod style tank with a 5.5ml capacity especially designed for the included nautilus adaptor which will also fit the Billet box. We also received a Boro style tank with pre-installed EUC adaptor and an 18350 battery so the device is ready to go as soon as you receive it.

Of course the Boro style A tank will is also compatible with all the available Billet Box bridges including the Vapeshell, Exocet, Xeta, Insider and Crossbow. If i have any con for what's included with the Bantam Box Revision edition it's the fact no rebuildable bridge is included.

Pod Boro Tank

Pre-installed we have a pod influenced Boro style tank with pre-installed Nautilus adaptor and 1.8ohm nautilus coil. The tank has a quick fill port with bung on the front so the glass doesn't need sliding down and we also have a large arch open at the bottom allowing good access to the base of the adaptor to adjust the airflow, yes this nautilus adaptor has adjustable airflow that works very well and knurling on the ring makes adjusting very easy with the tank still installed.

Drip Tip Adaptors

We get two drip tip adaptors one which sits flush and one which gives an higher profile, these adaptors also screw to the top of the Boro tank to secure in place. The fitting is 510 so you can fit your own 510's if you prefer.

Inside The Device

Both panels have notches towards the bottom to help with removal and underneath the panel that houses the fire button is where we can find the USB port if you wish to charge the battery in the device.

Removing the other panel gives access to the Boro Tank, navigational buttons and battery. The device accommodates an 18350 battery and a battery ribbon is fitted.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Display

The small display which is found on top of the device has all the information required and is bright and sharp.

Top we have the Wattage, underneath we have to the left the resistance and to the right the pre-heat. At the bottom of the display to the left we have the voltage and finally to the right we have the battery status bar.

Navigating The Device

The device is very simple to operate and is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off. 3 clicks of the fire button flips the display and 3 clicks again flips it back, also pressing both navigational buttons together locks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire. I really don't understand the lock feature as the panel in place will prevent any adjustments so surely if any lock feature locking the fire button would of made more sense. Finally pressing the left navigational button with the fire button scroll through the pre-heats allowing the choice of Normal, Soft or Hard.

The wattage adjusts in point one increments between 5W and 30W and round robins.

The device will have all the usual safety protections but no information is given, i would imagine firmware upgrades will also be possible but again no information whether the device is upgradeable is given, finally on-board charging is supported.

My Experience And Thoughts

When trying the usual Boro tank with supplied ceramic coil i really found the flavour very muted which surprised me as i normally find ceramic coils superior in flavour.

The star of this device though is the Pod influenced Boro Tank with Nautilus adaptor. Filling this tank is so much quicker and a lot less messy than the usual Boro type tanks with sliding glass and with the supplied adaptor having adjustable airflow it's a real winner. The flavour from the Nautilus coil is as expected and possibly still the benchmark for MTL stock coils and readily available.

The device has all the same pros and cons as other Billet Box type devices which really are possibly more subjective than with any other device as people like different things and whats a major drawback to some can be quite petty to others with worth while benefits.

I must say the whole idea of just fitting different bridges to the same device giving multiple options is something that will appeal to many including me and with this mini type device it adds a stealth option.

With the device only accommodation an 18350 battery of course battery life isn't great compared to larger versions but then 18350 batteries are tiny and personally i have no issues carrying a spare safely but then i guess some people just prefer not having to remember and having bigger capacity which is fair enough. Also the original Bantam box included a rebuildable bridge which i really would of preferred also including with the revised version.

Not sure how the TPD version has it's capacity reduced (i would guess just a removable bung in the pod type tank with the spare Boro tank being full capacity). The capacity is really good, i have mainly been using the pod style tank with Nautilus coils and it lasts all day before needing to refill.

A combination of the Bantam Box and the Nautilus coil is giving me a beautiful MTL vape with airflow halfway at 13W. The draw for me at halfway is semi-loose but the adjustable airflow allows for also a tight and loose draw, really good adjustability!

Good build quality
7 colour options
G10 panels
Small and portable
Pod style Boro tank (quick to fill)
Adjustable airflow with Nautilus adaptor
Top flavour Nautilus coil
2 drip tip adaptors included
Can fit own 510
Spare Boro tank included
EUC coil adaptor included
Compatible with many available bridges
Battery included
Bright, sharp display
Easy to navigate

Cons

No rebuildable bridge included
18350 battery (small capacity)
Slight play with panels
Included ceramic coil had muted flavour

I would once again like to thank Linky from Sacowin for supplying the SXK Bantam Box Revision for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sacowin.com/product/bantam-box-revision/

VU Sponsors