Become a Patron!

Talking about the mod that won't die.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The SMY SDNA75. I had this mod for a few years. Daily use. Used while woodworking, have covered it in sawdust numerous times, dropped on concrete, sold it to a friend, he used it daily, he's dropped it on concrete numerous times apparently, and it's still ticking. So if you can manage to find one, enjoy. This mod used to be matte black. How this thing is still perfectly functioning is beyond me 20210222_213527.jpg

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might have you beat. This is a 1st Gen Sigelei Fuchai 200w that's been in daily use for over 5 years. Not sure the exact date I put it into service, only remember that I bought it new when they first came out. It's been across two countries, seen multiple tips and falls, and other than a cracked battery tray and some chipped paint, works perfect with no glitches whatsoever. Also have a blue one, still brand new in unopened box. The SMOK TFV-8 is another ancient daily driver. Used to be anodized green. It's seen hundreds of tear-downs and rebuilds, haven't even needed to replace the o-rings yet.IMG_1593[1].JPGIMG_1594[1].JPGIMG_1595[1].JPG

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea you might have me beat, but it's close lol. At least your's is still, mostly, the same color as when it started life which is more impressive than mine having all its painted rubbed off from going in and out of pockets for a few years lol.

I currently have a dovpo topside, the original 21700 single metal version, and I love this thing. I thought I would hate squonking, but this thing's perfect for a daily driver. Other than the battery door being a p.i.t.a to open and close. hopefully this thing lives for as long as the SMY did.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I might have cheated a little on the paint. It wore a silicon sleeve that was included in the box for its first 6 months of its life, till I got sick of having to take it off every time I needed to change the batteries. I'm amazed it still works, it's had so much juice spilled on it. One time I left my tank's lid open by accident and the whole thing leaked out overnight. Even the battery bays were soaked, but a good wiping off and everything just worked as usual.

I have a few IPV5s that have lasted a long time, but the fire buttons on those eventually wear out. I bought one of those and liked it so much I bought 4 more. 2 are dead now, one in service, and two still new in box.

I think this is a great idea for a thread. Instead of the endless stream of threads devoted to shiny new expensive bling most of us will never have a chance to own, a thread dedicated to old reliable relics. :)

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was actually extremely intoxicated when I made this thread. My friend just pulled this mod out of his dresser and handed it to me. I was like "holy shit this thing still works?" and he just laughed and said yea it still works fine. Like you I've spilled juice all over and inside this thing (multiple times in my case), covered it in sawdust, dropped it on concrete lord knows how many times, and apparently it's still just cranking away. I'd be curious just how many puffs that thing has counted.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first vape in 2012, I still have and still works on it's original 14650 Smok batteries. I win.

This:

bsStb.jpg

June of 2012. 48mg juice. :)

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never even heard of 14650 batteries. Let alone heard of any battery that wasn't just a giant p.o.s in like a year or two. I feel like you just took the wind out of my sails lol. That's downright impressive. Do you have a recent photo? After 9 years I can only imagine how it looks.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never even heard of 14650 batteries. Let alone heard of any battery that wasn't just a giant p.o.s in like a year or two. I feel like you just took the wind out of my sails lol. That's downright impressive. Do you have a recent photo? After 9 years I can only imagine how it looks.
Well, I wore some of the chrome off the mod, but otherwise it's as good as new. I removed the shield thing, still have a 510 VapeKing atomiser on it. ;)

It's basically a fancy eGo type mod with replaceable batteries.

IMG_20210306_191912.jpg

That's my Milly, being dubious of my camera...lol...

FWIW, most of my gear is 2015-18 era stuff. ;)

Last edited:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first vape in 2012, I still have and still works on it's original 14650 Smok batteries. I win.

This:

bsStb.jpg

June of 2012. 48mg juice. :)

Oh yeah, hell you've got me beat to vaping by two years. In 2012 I was still smoking analogs. Dug around in my obsolete stash. Oldest thing I have is an old Innokin SVD that I got in 2014. Still got the box and everything. It works fine, but I can't imagine 15 watts would be workable for me, though at the time it was the freakin' bees knees...15 watts! Anyway, that mod hasn't seen near the use of the Fuchai, still looks new.

Mike Vaper

Member For 4 Years
The SMY SDNA75. I had this mod for a few years. Daily use. Used while woodworking, have covered it in sawdust numerous times, dropped on concrete, sold it to a friend, he used it daily, he's dropped it on concrete numerous times apparently, and it's still ticking. So if you can manage to find one, enjoy. This mod used to be matte black. How this thing is still perfectly functioning is beyond me View attachment 178512

Ready for battle :)

VU Sponsors