Become a Patron!

tastes

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
this i hope does not offend anyone as it purely my view. i respect anybody who makes juice.i put together a lot of mixes, i do not use nicotine.i am always amazed when i see a recipe that has say 12 different ingreadiants, and more so when some of these have say 2 different oranges or strawberries etc. i have done layering and i know different companies product of the same flavour are different, but i cannot see the point of making a 30ml mix so complicated. am i wrong?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
this i hope does not offend anyone as it purely my view. i respect anybody who makes juice.i put together a lot of mixes, i do not use nicotine.i am always amazed when i see a recipe that has say 12 different ingreadiants, and more so when some of these have say 2 different oranges or strawberries etc. i have done layering and i know different companies product of the same flavour are different, but i cannot see the point of making a 30ml mix so complicated. am i wrong?
Not offended at all. Some flavorings only bring out certain attributes of the flavor especially strawberries and vanillas, but when combined, bring in the whole flavor. Other flavors are added for mouthfeel or to add some body to the mix.

That's the beauty of DIY. It doesn't matter if it has 20 flavors or just a few. You can make something that tastes good to you!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yrs and no, after 45 years of smoking, my tastebuds are near dead. I can't taste the nuances others can. On the other side I don't pick up the off notes that some do, I get unvapable, vapable and off the hook. I do find that some flavors work better together (Blood Orange FW & Rpyal Orange FA) , multiple strawberries etc. YMMV

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do get your point of the mixing only 30ml of juice. I go through such a small amount quickly.

I mix 120 to 240 ml at a time. I do use nicotine, and have enough to last me for the rest of my life (depending on how long I live).

Generally, I only use up to 4 flavorings per bottle. Hubby likes his Pina colada with a bit of banana flavor added in. I like my blackberry custard with different elements from time to time to break the monotony.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not offended at all. Some flavorings only bring out certain attributes of the flavor especially strawberries and vanillas, but when combined, bring in the whole flavor. Other flavors are added for mouthfeel or to add some body to the mix.

That's the beauty of DIY. It doesn't matter if it has 20 flavors or just a few. You can make something that tastes good to you!
This^^^

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think my most "complicated" recipe has 17 flavors in it.

If they weren't all needed, I wouldn't use them.

I make e-liquid recipes like I cook - mostly "from scratch" - there are instances where one flavor might take the place of five or six, but I am not going to buy every dang flavor that's out there. I'd rather add the components together to make, for example, a chocolate chip cookie that I like, rather than starting with something called "chocolate chip cookie," and it not taste right and I'd still have to add a half dozen flavors to fix it.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

I make e-liquid recipes like I cook - mostly "from scratch" - there are instances where one flavor might take the place of five or six, but I am not going to buy every dang flavor that's out there. I'd rather add the components together to make, for example, a chocolate chip cookie that I like, rather than starting with something called "chocolate chip cookie," and it not taste right and I'd still have to add a half dozen flavors to fix it.
the important thing is you enjoy it, thats all that matters

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@geordie , you might want to post this on a DIY forum. I like your posts, but you seem to be all over the place. Get to know the forums. Until then... peace out, vape on!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Oh, cmon Nada…..you don’t want to inventory 1400 flavors? Hahahahahaha…….

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, cmon Nada…..you don’t want to inventory 1400 flavors? Hahahahahaha…….

No ma'am, I do not. I have enough trouble with the 250 flavors I have. Right now they are trapped in a Sterilite drawer chest, behind a monstrous recliner. I don't know how I'm going to get to them when it's time to mix again!

Think I might switch out the contents of some of my vape totes, put those in the Sterlite thing, and put my flavors in totes that can be moved around easier. I also have a tote full of bases, except they aren't in a tote right now, they're just a mess in my living room.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I do get your point of the mixing only 30ml of juice. I go through such a small amount quickly.

I mix 120 to 240 ml at a time. I do use nicotine, and have enough to last me for the rest of my life (depending on how long I live).

Generally, I only use up to 4 flavorings per bottle. Hubby likes his Pina colada with a bit of banana flavor added in. I like my blackberry custard with different elements from time to time to break the monotony.
How are you storing your nicotine and supplies for long term?

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I make my 3 flavors with tobacco and sweetener... I use the same tobacco but use 3 different sweeteners to make 3 different flavors. Can't get any simple than that.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I make my 3 flavors with tobacco and sweetener... I use the same tobacco but use 3 different sweeteners to make 3 different flavors. Can't get any simple than that.
i like that, i have never used sweetner with tobacco. i use american red,virginia, ry4 etc, which sweetner and how much do you use? thanks buddy.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
How are you storing your nicotine and supplies for long term?
i have a sort of small bookcase with doors, it is dark in there and there is a small fan that i switsh on for a while. someimes i remove the caps for a couple of days. i dont use nicotine, cheers buddy

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
i like that, i have never used sweetner with tobacco. i use american red,virginia, ry4 etc, which sweetner and how much do you use? thanks buddy.
I make 30ml bottles at a time and I use .5 to .6 grams of sweetener to each of my 3 tobaccos. My tobacco flavor is Hangsen USA Mix.

VU Sponsors