Become a Patron!

Tauren Mechanical Mod - anyone use them?

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone use a Tauren Mech Mod from Thunderhead Creations?

I'd like to get myself a mech for home and the pricepoint fits my budget. I know I know get what you pay for but this is a mechanical mod so having chips and options doesn't play into this decision.

Roughly $80 for a 21700 (also 20700 and 18650 capable) mech mod and an Rda. As far as I can tell there is no locking switch but I've got a regulated mod for going out with and at this point in my life a Purge simply is a budget buster for me.

Edit to add: I have had a tube mech in the past and still have a mech squonk so yes I will be extremely careful with all safety issues related to non regulated devices.
Pic for example. Capture+_2021-09-10-20-03-09.png

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have two of them. Good mods for a good price. Constant contact switch so no arcing on the battery. Unless they have changed it (mine are several years old) when you take apart the switch for cleaning you have to get the plates in it back the same way top side verses bottom side as they have an angle to them. I put my battery in positive down as the venting channels are on the bottom of the mod, not that I've ever vented one.

I won my first one in a contest from 3F and liked it enough to buy one.
2CDPlHE.jpg

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I didnt know these have a cc switch. Makes me wish i hadn't passed up buying a few when i had the chance at a good price.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mooch tested it last year, at 30 amps it gave only 0.043 volts of voltage drop so, it is a great performer, albeit there can be a few minor caveats─but the good news is they're an easy fix:

VU Sponsors