Become a Patron!

TC Mod..

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Help me spend my money. I want a new TC mod.. I already have a small ipv d2, so I'm looking for a higher wattage mod this time. What should I get.? Thanks folks.!!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I highly recommend the IPV3Li. 165 watts right out of the box, and will do 200 after you perform the firmware update. It does TC in Ni200 or Ti1 (can also do SS in Ti mode with temp offset). This mod is built like a tank, and goes with me everywhere. It's already survived a drop onto concrete from about 3 ft, and only suffered a small blemish on one corner.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I highly recommend the IPV3Li. 165 watts right out of the box, and will do 200 after you perform the firmware update. It does TC in Ni200 or Ti1 (can also do SS in Ti mode with temp offset). This mod is built like a tank, and goes with me everywhere. It's already survived a drop onto concrete from about 3 ft, and only suffered a small blemish on one corner.
Does the ipv3li have step down.? My ipv d2 doesn't.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm partial to DNA200 mods for TC. To the OP, what's your budget? You can usually get a Hcigar VT200 for ~$120 shipped. The IPV3 Li is also a great choice if you don't absolutely need SS TC built in.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your not in a rush, and your looking for a dual 18650 device, might want to wait a few weeks. There are at least 3-4 new mods coming out that really could be superior devices under $80.00. IPV 5, Vaporesso Tarot, Kangside 200, just to name a few.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm partial to DNA200 mods for TC. To the OP, what's your budget? You can usually get a Hcigar VT200 for ~$120 shipped. The IPV3 Li is also a great choice if you don't absolutely need SS TC built in.
Trying to stay under $100, and, would like to have a SS setting in TC.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reuleaux RX200 does Ni, Ti & SS that right out of the box, nice long battery life with those triple 18650's too and you can find them under $100
Well under $100. I ordered one last night for $50 from Vape royalty

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i would say wait for the d5 and see how it does, otherwise go with the koopor plus
the rx200 is nice but if I am correct the issues with it are:
1.it needs 3 batteries
2. it does not allow you to change the TCR of the SS and since SS comes in several grades all with different TCR you need to be able to adjust it

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If your not in a rush, and your looking for a dual 18650 device, might want to wait a few weeks. There are at least 3-4 new mods coming out that really could be superior devices under $80.00. IPV 5, Vaporesso Tarot, Kangside 200, just to name a few.
Ah, that's what I was looking for :)

I really like my eVic-VTC Mini, and I really don't need more wattage, but I would like more runtime than the single 18650 gets me at 35-45W. OTOH: I don't want to give up some of the eVic-VTC Mini's features--such as support for SS TC, end-user firmware upgrades through the USB port and USB port charging, to name a few. Never mind the build quality and understated appearance. I've carefully reviewed and re-reviewed the current crop of dual-18650 box mods, and none appeal. I definitely do not want a triple-18650 mod.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tarot_VTC200_Mod.png Tarot_VTC200_Mod.png
Ah, that's what I was looking for :)

I really like my eVic-VTC Mini, and I really don't need more wattage, but I would like more runtime than the single 18650 gets me at 35-45W. OTOH: I don't want to give up some of the eVic-VTC Mini's features--such as support for SS TC, end-user firmware upgrades through the USB port and USB port charging, to name a few. Never mind the build quality and understated appearance. I've carefully reviewed and re-reviewed the current crop of dual-18650 box mods, and none appeal. I definitely do not want a triple-18650 mod.
If you go to 3FVape.com and check out the first couple pages of TC box mods, the number of new dual 18650 devices is unreal! All have great specs, and $80.00 or less. By the end of January, it's going to very difficult to choose... Which is a good thing:cool:.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
200W TC Vaporesso Tarot. Vaporesso.com
well it looks awesome
its different yet still the same. I like it base don looks
but the website you linked to give sno real info
does it do SS TC, can you change the TCR,, can you adjust the initial resistance.
but meanwhile it tries to tell you its a 4600 mah mod with 2 18650s. lol. Batteries have mah not a mod that takes 18650 batteries.
thi sall combines to worry me about the mod.

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to wait, and see what pops up in the next month or so, but I'm about to pull the trigger on the Wismec Rx200.. I might just have to grab up another in a month or two when the new stuff shows up..

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What Matt said.

Though the "4600mAH" thing doesn't concern me. That's just marketing. I would like to know if it's got a USB connection, as well, and, if so, what it'll do.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just grabbed an RX200 myself, and it should be here tomorrow. Other than the price, having 50% more battery capacity was my biggest selling point. With anything electronic there is always something new coming out.

spongeylilvaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3 batts in RX 200 you can still feel the drop off..I'm Vaping Crown at 50W usually have to up watts to get same Vape experience..other than best bang for your buck. I bought 2 of em

My first proper alien and he's an idiot.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Help me spend my money. I want a new TC mod.. I already have a small ipv d2, so I'm looking for a higher wattage mod this time. What should I get.? Thanks folks.!!
Reuleaux rx200

I teach class on Sundays

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im on team dna200, of which there is also realoux for -or any number of mods with that board now.. The hcigar vt200 is normally about 120$ or litt44, tugboat, or even a custom built one, they range from 120-270(ish)
the thing about the dnaboard is the memory(8 presets custom vape styles) if you use tc, it's an upgradeable board with a one year warranty on it. Its also one of a handful of tc boards that let you program in a temperature coefficient of resistance, letting you use any wire with a tcr curve in tc mode. You can also upload the entire curve making it even more accurate. And evolv has a forum for DNA owners which is convenient for questions.

If tc isn't your thing, and you just want power, im a fan of the hexohm for my high power dripping. -no screen,no tech, just two batteries and a potentiometer....then Loads of vapors. I tend to get one full day and into the next on one pair of batteries with the hexohm.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well it looks awesome
its different yet still the same. I like it base don looks
but the website you linked to give sno real info
does it do SS TC, can you change the TCR,, can you adjust the initial resistance.
but meanwhile it tries to tell you its a 4600 mah mod with 2 18650s. lol. Batteries have mah not a mod that takes 18650 batteries.
thi sall combines to worry me about the mod.
The V TC 200 should be released next week. Hope it's in the reviewers hands this week, but might not be on youtube until after the holidays. I e-mailed Vaporesso for more detailed specs and Ill post them when I can. Does look awesome.

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I just picked up the Segelei Fuchai and the TFV4, and I am very impressed. Segelei is just a work horse, like always, quality built without the blind blind of colored flashing leds, puff counter, Bluetooth to operate it with your phone and I could go on and on. Save those for the Rave crowd, lol!!!! I scored mine for under 50 shipped. Check them out, it feels great in the hand.
NCH

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what came today. This combination is fantastic. Rx200, Crown tank, .25 dual coil @ 550°/60 watts, is absolutely on point....
a35769554e319934bec2f374b7918e0a.jpg

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh, it's not out yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Tarot should be out Friday. (No Christmas in Guongdong/Shenzen?) Vaporesso just replied with the same specs that is on the website. Still don't know how low it fires, if it does SS in TC, or if can it be charged/updated by usb cable.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Tarot should be out Friday. (No Christmas in Guongdong/Shenzen?) Vaporesso just replied with the same specs that is on the website. Still don't know how low it fires, if it does SS in TC, or if can it be charged/updated by usb cable.
Been lurking out of curiosity over that mod. Unfortunately the ss is the make or brake for me.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you want replaceable batteries Reuleaux RX 200 if you want internal batteries lava box. both so ni ti and ss out of the box and have the dna 200

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Looks like the eVic-VTC Mini's big brother has finally arrived:

Cuboid_01.png

Joyetech Cuboid

My only real concern, right off, is this batter door:

Cuboid_05.png

I hope that's a good, strong, positive latch. I'm also a bit ambivalent about that huge, glossy surface on the one side. I think that may be a mistake. Think fingerprint and scratch magnet.

Could be my next mod. Waiting for the reviews.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it. I thought I was done for a while after the rx200.... Guess not.

Looks like the eVic-VTC Mini's big brother has finally arrived:

Cuboid_01.png

Joyetech Cuboid

My only real concern, right off, is this batter door:

Cuboid_05.png

I hope that's a good, strong, positive latch.

Could be my next mod. Waiting for the reviews.

VU Sponsors