Become a Patron!

Tcr for ss316l on rx200

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use my rx200 in tc with ss it goes into temp protection straight away was wondering if any one knew best Tcr for ss316l.oh Ye its been updated to 3.0.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goin to give it a go now ill report back with my findings thanks for your help.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to adjust your wattage also. If the wattage is too high, it'll heating up the coils quicker and Temp Protect immediately. Turn your wattage down to about 20W-25W, then find the temp you like, then bump up the wattage to suit your vaping style. If you take short, quick hits, then a higher wattage might be for you. If you take longer, slower hits, a lower wattage will benefit you more.

When using temp control, keep this in mind:
In TC, Wattage = Ramp Time. The longer the coil stays in the "ramp up" without hitting "Temp Protect" the more smooth and consistent the vape will be. Once it hits Temp Protect, the mod will "pulse" or "throttle" (firing the battery on/off rapidly) to maintain that Temp. Pulsing gives a wavy kind of vape (just like if you were to tap the button on your mod really fast, it wouldn't give you a very good hit). If the Wattage is too low, the coils won't reach the Temperature you set either. So the closer you can get to Temp Protect without actually exceeding it, the better.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had it on 34w and 470f and it was hitting temp protect after about 1 to 2 seconds at Tcr of 115 its still the same does going up in Tcr make temp protect come in later or going down in tcr.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
For coils I make myself the TCR can be strange. Depending on the coil it tends to work best for me at around the 150 to 160 mark (generally 156), but a few rare times it won't work unless I'm around 92 or 96. It's strange like that but it must be due to the atty connection or the ohms. I tend to stick between 25 and 35 watts (middle of the road 30w most often) because I take short to medium pulls and my temp is generally set between 460° F to 530°F, most often at 500°F. Confusing, I know but I hope that helps you a bit!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had it on 34w and 470f and it was hitting temp protect after about 1 to 2 seconds at Tcr of 115 its still the same does going up in Tcr make temp protect come in later or going down in tcr.

Since you are using SS316L, you could just use the SS TC mode, since it is defaulted to SS316L. So far I've only use SS in my Crown tank, which I run in SS TC mode (since Crown SS coils are 316L) at 550f at 40W with the 0.25ohm coil, and I usually take 4-5 second pulls.

Here's the basic reference chart for common wire types.
T0cBNE5.jpg

Since vaping wire fits into the category of PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) that means the resistance rises as the wire heats. That would indicate to me, a lower TCR will take longer to heat up, in theory. Although lowering the TCR will heat up the wire slower, lower or raising the TCR too far out of the wires capable range will make the mod misread the wires coefficient, and improperly apply the wrong levels of power to the coil. Although it won't damage anything, it just won't read the resistance and temp correctly, so the settings on the display readout won't accurately reflect what the coil is actually achieving.

For Example: If you have a coil of SS316, and run it at the SS430 TCR, the mod may read 500f, but the coil may only be achieving 450f (I don't know the actual math or the limits that can be achieved, so that example isn't accurate, but just a rough generalization).

VU Sponsors