Become a Patron!

Tell me your best disposable e-cigarette

I have seen a lot of people using disposable e-cigarettes recently. Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?

No, I can not. I do not use disposable "e-cigarettes". Instead, I use vaping mods, rdas. I also mainly use DIY ejuice. The way I vape seems more economically sensible. Refilling a squonk bottle, or dripping saves a need of buying expensive "throw away" product/s.

Think I paid about $8.00 for a bag of Muji cotton about two, maybe three years ago. I've given some away but still have over half of a big bag. The wicking material might last my lifetime.

I got about 3 L of "base" ejuice for roughly $80 all in over the last year. It will probably last me two years.

I spent possibly $20 on spooled wire for coils over the last two years, or so. That could last quite a while as I am cautious with coils but usually get at least 3-6 months on a coil.

Consumables then are ~ $120 for say three to four years. So, I'm looking at about $0.09 daily on an overall average cost for these.

(Forgot batteries, let me add $10 yearly.) It still puts me at roughly $0.09 average daily for "consumables".

Granted I've bought a few higher end cost mods, simply ensuring I got hardware to last, over the last year. I'll say I might have spent ~ $250. Say I might again get an average of 4 years. That puts me at eh, around $0.17 daily average cost.

All in I'm looking at about $0.30 a day to vape. If I used disposables I'd need to buy probably two to four units per week. At roughly $10 a pop that's say $40 a week, times 52 weeks a year $2,080 a year. Divide that over 4 years. I'm seeing $1.41 daily average costs.

Yeah, no thanks I'll stick with a more affordable means of vaping. Thanks anyway. And understand I am a light to moderate vaper. I use roughly 4 ml of ejuice per day. Have seen some use 20 to 30 ml per day. My costs are minimal but yet I only seemingly minimally vape & am frugal.

Comparing it to cigarettes: say 1 carton per month at $60 per. That's $720 yearly, divide by 365 and come to $1.97 or say $2 daily to smoke. So yeah, I'm saving money but good.

Last edited:
I tried the mod once, but it was hard to use when I was out, and I felt that passers-by gave me strange looks

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my God. Two dollars a day is a good deal

Until cigarettes took a large price hike and cases were sold for about $80. That's twenty cartons in a box. That would be a monthly supply. So $960 / 360 = $2.66 or roughly $3 per day. You still need to keep up with lighters / matches.

Compare that to $0.30 per day with vaping. Smoking is ten times more expensive.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried the mod once, but it was hard to use when I was out, and I felt that passers-by gave me strange looks

You can get mods that are drop dead simple to use, as for what others think, I don't place too much credibility in it. Vaping is about harm reduction. I can use nicotine with less harm to myself and others. It is yes a vice, something I enjoy. Puritanical folks will always want others to have no fun, enjoyment in living. They can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
One time i was walking to work...
I got cat calls and car honks like ya would not believe.
EVERYBODY was giving me looks and smiles.
GEEZ i must look good today i thought.

when i got to work i found the ENTIRE BACK OF MY WRAP AROUND SKIRT WAS UNDONE.
I had walked to work with my Back end hanging out.
edit: {{ thank god i ware clean underware}}

I bring this up cuz
ARE YA SURE it was REALLY Your vaping that you got odd looks about???

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Passersby where? At a school playground? Retirement home? It's not so much about the fact that you vape. It's about who you vape in front of. If you are vaping in front of "the Karens", then they will not only look at you weird, but they will try to ban your vaping.

Be an adult about it. Show respect towards others. Don't blow huge clouds to show off in front of the cancel-culture Karens out there trying to save the world from everything. If that means just toodle-puffing off a mod when you just need the nicotine, so be it. People can respect that.

You can get mods that are drop dead simple to use, as for what others think, I don't place too much credibility in it. Vaping is about harm reduction. I can use nicotine with less harm to myself and others. It is yes a vice, something I enjoy. Puritanical folks will always want others to have no fun, enjoyment in living. They can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.
Passersby where? At a school playground? Retirement home? It's not so much about the fact that you vape. It's about who you vape in front of. If you are vaping in front of "the Karens", then they will not only look at you weird, but they will try to ban your vaping.

Be an adult about it. Show respect towards others. Don't blow huge clouds to show off in front of the cancel-culture Karens out there trying to save the world from everything. If that means just toodle-puffing off a mod when you just need the nicotine, so be it. People can respect that.
I see. Thank you

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
My personal favorite is Xtra disposables. They are super affordable priced at $14.95. They are there with the longest-lasting e-cig battery for disposable devices on the market, being a little bigger than many of the options on this list in terms of size but lasting for up to 1,500 puffs. This is huge and combined with the 5 ml e-liquid capacity, this makes it one of the few disposables you can likely use for over a day before you’ll need to get a new one. The design will make you feel right at home, though, with a vape pen-like cylindrical body and a simple mouthpiece that draws on the design of pod devices. The vape pen works automatically, so you simply take a puff to vape.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are super affordable priced at $14.95.
This is huge and combined with the 5 ml e-liquid capacity, this makes it one of the few disposables you can likely use for over a day before you’ll need to get a new one.

Your way: $15 * 30 days = $450 per month * 12 months = $5,400 per year

My way: I use a squonking mechanical mod. That means I spent roughly $8 for cotton about two years ago. I spent about $16 for wire to make coils, and maybe $4 for some already made simple coils about 6 months to a year or two ago. I spend roughly, or did, roughly $40 - $50 for juice about every 9 months to year. I've spent maybe $50 on RDAs oh, probably four or five times over the last 14 years.

Say $300 to be conservative for RDAs. Say about $200 for a couple of mods. Average that over 14 years, $500 / 14 years = $35.72 per year for gear/hardware.

If I average cotton and wire, $28 over 5 years at least = $5.60 per year. Add $50 for juice per year over 14 years is $700. So, $705.60 over 14 years for consumables.

Add 'em together $705.60 + $500 = $1,205.60 / 14 years = $86.12 per year.

Think I can see why I don't use disposables at allegedly "affordable" costs. Even if I added the costs of my batteries I'm still likely to remain under an average of $100 yearly all for gear and consumables. Add in a few flavorings bought here and there and I might, scrape $100 to maybe ... egads, $125 a year.

Let me see, $5,400 a year - $125 a year = $5,275 I'm saving.

And yes, I actually do have a few pieces of higher costing gear. A good bit of it is put back as backups, or to be used every so often like say one brings out fine china dishes. I don't pay for "commercial" juices either. Recipes are found all over online for next to zilch. Flavorings cost pennies when averaged out to making up a lot of batches. Why buy commercial, just to be privileged with paying someone else? Hm, ... sorry, nah. :)

But hey, you got bread to burn and wanna .. be a goat head! :) :D If spending money's your jollies, more power to ya. *chuckles* Sorry, I'm not meaning this to read as mean toward anyone, just light hearted banter with maybe some hint of common sense.

Or maybe I'm just an old cantankerous skintflint. Ha! ;):D :)

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have seen a lot of people using disposable e-cigarettes recently. Can you tell me which brand of disposable e-cigarettes is better?
I just don't like disposable anything, although ultimately everything is disposable because no vaping equipment lasts forever.

I use the Aspire eLeaf because it lasts for years, and the Aspire BVC glassomizers last for years (with changes of the tiny, inexpensive coils). This particular tank travels well, can roll around without leaking.

I've mostly used the eLeaf 30w for the last few years, and after two of those finally gave out I tried the 40w. There is, to me, not much difference in the experience of using the 40, since I usually vape at 9.5 to 11 watts. There is also an iPower which is pretty, 80w, 5000 mah, and not much more expensive than either the 30 or the 40, but I'm good where I am. For someone who hasn't hoarded anything yet, I think the iPower might be the place to start, but I have to say that without having tried it. Start with one. If it holds up to the quality and durability of the 30 and the 40, with the small difference in price, IMO that's where to start.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ePuffer XPOD is my personal favorite. It cost me around $19.95

Alright let me break this down for you as well.

Say I use about 5 ml of juice per day. I do by the way.

Your Xpod has a capacity of only 1.5 ml. The minis use 2 ml of juice.

In either case I need to buy 3 of these devices a day. That's roughly $60 USD per day.

Say I pay maybe that $60 and get a decent refillable kit with swap out batteries & batteries, charger. You're still paying $60 a day.

I might pay $50 for 1L of unflavored juice in my nicotine strength. That lasts me about 9 months.

So I've paid about $110, maybe $125 all in once per year. You've kept on paying $60 a day.

$60 X 365 = $21,900 - $125 = $21,775 in savings for me.

Economically disposable vapes just don't work. Then, not all of us have connections to vape juice vendors, possibly employed by them. Not sure what you're paid. Not my concern. Still the point remains $60 a day to vape? Nope. And if the taxing goes into effect here, well, I'll try looking for affordable black market. Barring that I'm S.O.L and guess vaping goes away.

We live WV. I got a bottom out here I can grow, harvest, process our own tobacco on for personal use if need be. It won't take much and I'm sure my MIL still recalls how to do it as she and FIL both did it as kids growing up.

What a fine way for governments to address public health no?

"Don't smoke it kills you."

"Don't vape, save the children!"

We all see it's not about saving anyone. It's all about that almighty dollar, greed.

“Yo fuck the system, I got my own system.” --- Yolandi Visser

And @harry_wilson please understand I'm not attacking you personally. What I am attacking is the idea and myth of scarcity. I'm also attacking the concept of greed. Yes, I'm attacking ideas, constructs in society.

I commented on your possible link to an ejuice vendor. I do not know if you are connected or not. My point in that was I'm sure it's likely someone working possibly corporate level earns more income than I. Again, that's not aiming at you personally rather the idea of inequality in income. That's a concept in society as well.

Rather attack ideas than people. Ideas do not bleed or die. Yes, they can be killed off. You may say I contradict myself. Perhaps, or perhaps not. Ideas may not die but people on a whole can categorically reject ideas. If you want a demonstration of that, here it is.

Charles Manson somewhere in his mind had the idea that murder was acceptable, even a good idea. Society has long before adopted the idea that murder is not a good idea. Ergo, society rejected the idea murder was good.

Does murder still happen? Yes. Is it because society accepts, embraces the idea that murder is good? No. Does society punish those who murder? Yes. So, the idea of murder being good has nearly been killed off as a result. It's abhorred when murder happens, society becomes ever more vigilant against it happening or being glorified.

In that way a bad idea is put down.

So again, please understand I'm not attacking you or anyone else personally. That just isn't what I do.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have not used a disposable... but thinking about trying one. The one thing I would insist on is that it can be charged (have heard stories about a disposable that had lots of liquid left and the battery died)
You might be happier with a small pod device that can be charged and the pods re-filled. just stock up a few extra pods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Let me ease the sting here. May have read a bit harsh toward disposables. That was not intended if so.

Only wanted to state no preference to use disposables myself. Perspective to me disposables are not economical, environmentally responsible. That is only subjective opinion, preference.

I'm glad @VapeOn1960 has offered some examples of disposables. Glad too, people are using them instead of smoking. That is what vaping is sincerely about, reducing harm for smokers.

Children need not apply regarding vaping. Better to not inhale anything save fresh air. Nobody wants other generations addicted to stuff which could possibly cause them, or others harm.

Alright, think I've eased the sting. Sometimes it is best to overlook curmudgeons like me. We can all think the grain of sand in our fingers gives us control of the world, better we ponder how many grains are swept around the globe in a minute by the oceans and seas.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's hard to help newbies (things have changed... there was a time when you could post a link to a really great deal) it's all different now so hard to help people. I don't mean to be negative, but it may be hard to get things (that becomes an entire different topic) Depends on your needs... maybe just a disposable for now (not a good long term solution) Refillable is better (and able to re-charge) You sound like someone I want to help, but in the end it comes down to coil availability, maybe building yourself (can be hard actually) I have a tank I have loved for many years (and it's the perfect carry around. never leaks) but it costs ($20 for 5 pack of coils) I miss that tank (Aspire Nautilus X 1.8 ohm coil) But I can get Innokin coils for $7-8 a coil.
Learning to build your own is hard but (in the end) is the way to go (easy to say, but not so easy to do... but if others mention that please understand that is the way to go) I am using "drop-in" coils for now but my long term plan is the re-build so I agree about that. For now, find a small device that has coils you can change and re-fillable... that is what matter for now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
in the end it comes down to coil availability, maybe building yourself (can be hard actually) I have a tank I have loved for many years (and it's the perfect carry around. never leaks) but it costs ($20 for 5 pack of coils) I miss that tank (Aspire Nautilus X 1.8 ohm coil) But I can get Innokin coils for $7-8 a coil.

A person can get pre-made coils at reasonable costs, too. Sites like 3F Vape and Fast Tech carry already made up coils for use in atomizers, not coil assemblies, merely coils such as a builder builds. They range in cost from $0.01 t0 $0.40 per each coil depending upon brand name, size of package, complexity of the coil you get.

For example/s, I sometimes pick up simple single strand Kanthal coils from Fast Tech. These might run about $6 for a 200 count pack. That means each coil costs $0.03. If you want NiChrome coil Fast Tech carries those at reasonable costs too. Those will run about $0.06 per coil.

People will often complain that these pre-made coil are filled with "dud" coils that short, or do not work. In the four to five years I've used various el-cheapo branded ones I've only had a very few that were duds, not even enough to complain. Enough simply to note, yes, a person can get duds. I don't see that happen too often though.

A very few duds are outweighed by the cost, convenience afforded. There's also a tolerance issue to be aware of in pre-made coils. A person can see coils rated to say 0.40 oHms. They may find 1-3 in a 100 pack unit that may be 0.38 or 0.42 ohms. Again though it is the same as with duds, very few and far between. It's not enough to be horribly concerned over, it happens yes but again for costs and convenience not worth the energy to fret.

So you can use "built" coils even without actually building them yourself. There's a range of various pre-made coils on the market. I choose simple coils but there/s Fused Claptons, Aliens, all various kinds of fancy coils sold in sets, cheap packs. I would not discount using pre-made coils if you need/want to do so for convenience, or don't desire learning to build, have trouble building.

Some here on the forum also build coils. Ask around they might have some good deals as well.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as wrapping coils, it's not complicated. For beginners, just ask (at a vape shop) what guage wire they would recommend for your usage. You can tell them what you are comfortable with. It might be 26 guage, 28 guage, or whatever. Get a little tool to wrap with its really simple.

16518559315524174763062533093750.jpg

One end of the wire goes through the hole one the big section of the tool, and you wrap around the spindle, making sure each loop does not touch any other loop.

That's how you can make your own coils really easy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One end of the wire goes through the hole one the big section of the tool, and you wrap around the spindle, making sure each loop does not touch any other loop.
I sometimes (read always it seems) like the loops to barely touch up against one another. I pretend the coil is a subway rail track for wicks. :) I'm a weirdo though.

I know this forum is old, but I've been looking for somewhere to post about this. I tried an Elf Bar for the first time four days ago. I haven't had or wanted a cigarette since. I purchased something from the eGo brand years ago, but the ejuice kept leaking, it always tasted burnt, and I was inhaling a lot of junk into my lungs. Overall, it was far from fun. I think I lasted about two days with vaping before giving up. I also think I really wasn't mentally ready for the switch. I wanted to quit smoking, but I didn't really WANT to quit smoking.

The Elf Bar was perfect. It tasted great, it didn't leak or burn, and apart from probably getting waaay too much nicotine over the past several days, I haven't felt edgy or uncomfortable. In fact, I really don't feel like I'm quitting at all. I cannot wait to be someone who's either weaned completely off nicotine or is only spending less than a dollar a day. In the meantime, I am looking for a mod because disposables don't make it easy to start a weaning program which is definitely something I want to do in the future.

Disposables seem to get a lot of flack on forums, but they were a lifesaver for me. I've tried patches, lozenges, cold turkey, etc. - and the Elf Bar was instant. I just felt like, why would I smoke when I could vape and not stink and everything else. Picking up a cigarette seems unimaginable right now. But it's still really early in the game so who knows what next week holds. I'm just eager to find the right starter kit because at $20 a pop, Elf Bars certainly aren't cheaper than smoking. They are though - a great jumping off point. Also, until I'm at least 8 months in, I intend to keep one handy just in case I don't have a charged mod or whatever. Even at that price and at that nicotine level, it definitely feels way better than smoking.

On a side note - I just wish someone in these forums would talk about the side effects of quitting. I am obviously not in nicotine withdrawal, but it's really hard to find vapers who used vape as NRT - and who have a timeline of what to expect. I mostly feel a lot sleepier than normal but I'm normally a constant coffee drinker. My vape flavor is strawberry mango and the two just don't go together like coffee and tobacco does, so I've been drinking tea and water. LOL. If anyone remembers how they felt, I would love to hear it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I know this forum is old, but I've been looking for somewhere to post about this. I tried an Elf Bar for the first time four days ago. I haven't had or wanted a cigarette since. I purchased something from the eGo brand years ago, but the ejuice kept leaking, it always tasted burnt, and I was inhaling a lot of junk into my lungs. Overall, it was far from fun. I think I lasted about two days with vaping before giving up. I also think I really wasn't mentally ready for the switch. I wanted to quit smoking, but I didn't really WANT to quit smoking.

The Elf Bar was perfect. It tasted great, it didn't leak or burn, and apart from probably getting waaay too much nicotine over the past several days, I haven't felt edgy or uncomfortable. In fact, I really don't feel like I'm quitting at all. I cannot wait to be someone who's either weaned completely off nicotine or is only spending less than a dollar a day. In the meantime, I am looking for a mod because disposables don't make it easy to start a weaning program which is definitely something I want to do in the future.

Disposables seem to get a lot of flack on forums, but they were a lifesaver for me. I've tried patches, lozenges, cold turkey, etc. - and the Elf Bar was instant. I just felt like, why would I smoke when I could vape and not stink and everything else. Picking up a cigarette seems unimaginable right now. But it's still really early in the game so who knows what next week holds. I'm just eager to find the right starter kit because at $20 a pop, Elf Bars certainly aren't cheaper than smoking. They are though - a great jumping off point. Also, until I'm at least 8 months in, I intend to keep one handy just in case I don't have a charged mod or whatever. Even at that price and at that nicotine level, it definitely feels way better than smoking.

On a side note - I just wish someone in these forums would talk about the side effects of quitting. I am obviously not in nicotine withdrawal, but it's really hard to find vapers who used vape as NRT - and who have a timeline of what to expect. I mostly feel a lot sleepier than normal but I'm normally a constant coffee drinker. My vape flavor is strawberry mango and the two just don't go together like coffee and tobacco does, so I've been drinking tea and water. LOL. If anyone remembers how they felt, I would love to hear it.
Hi and welcome to the forum-
Congrats on trying vaping again to quit cigarettes. I quit cigarettes almost 8 years ago by vaping. So many of the ecigs I used back then are no longer for sale. Yes I kind of quit drinking coffee too and mainly drink water and unsweetened ice tea, same reason doesn't taste good with vape juice. There are thousands of other chemicals in cigarettes that we have to wean away from , not just the nicotine. It took me many months before I started not to have a craving for cigarettes, but I stuck with it.
If you have a vape shop close by- try going there to see the different types of vaping devices that may work better for you. There are so many pod systems now that are pretty popular now, but I really don't use those so I have no idea of what ones are good and you can add your own liquid. There are many reviews on pod systems on you tube.
I use mods with removable batteries, so you would have to buy the batteries separately and a charger. I also use tanks with rebuildable coil sections so I am not dependent on factory coils that I probably can't get .
The next problem is getting vaping items shipped to you since USPS,Fed Ex, UPS and other carriers have banned them from being shipped here in the US. Many of the China shops still ship to the US and hopefully your vape purchase is not confiscated once it gets here.
You might want to check out our DIY section here on the forum on how to make your own juice.
I do not DIY my juice, but I had time to create a huge stock pile of e liquids before the ban hit here.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The biggest thing I remember was being sick for 9 months after I quit smoking. I joked that it must be because all the shellac from the cigarette smoke was coming off the inside of my lungs, and I was catching everything that blew by. I was tired, too, at first, but I was using an insufficient device (a small vape pen) and not enough nic. Once I got a bigger mod and tank, and better juice, I perked up some. Now I'm weaning myself off, 6 years down the road. I've got 1mg juice in all my tanks now except a couple that I have zero nic in, and I'm trying to vape the zero nic mostly, with just a few hits off the 1mg when my ass starts to drag.

I have to say, I feel a lot different now. All my life, I've had coffee running through my veins and a cigarette in my hand, and now that I've been off the smokes for so long, and I'm trying to cut down a bit on the coffee as well, I feel a LOT less jumpy! LOL! I've been a nervous wreck my whole life, but now I'm much calmer and harder to spook. ;) I have no plans to stop vaping. I vape for the flavors (I make my own juice and have for years now), but I sometimes have heart rhythm problems that are worsened by too much nic and caffeine, so I'm trying to reduce those down as far as I can. But I'll still vape! :)

Hi and welcome to the forum-
Congrats on trying vaping again to quit cigarettes. I quit cigarettes almost 8 years ago by vaping. So many of the ecigs I used back then are no longer for sale. Yes I kind of quit drinking coffee too and mainly drink water and unsweetened ice tea, same reason doesn't taste good with vape juice. There are thousands of other chemicals in cigarettes that we have to wean away from , not just the nicotine. It took me many months before I started not to have a craving for cigarettes, but I stuck with it.
If you have a vape shop close by- try going there to see the different types of vaping devices that may work better for you. There are so many pod systems now that are pretty popular now, but I really don't use those so I have no idea of what ones are good and you can add your own liquid. There are many reviews on pod systems on you tube.
I use mods with removable batteries, so you would have to buy the batteries separately and a charger. I also use tanks with rebuildable coil sections so I am not dependent on factory coils that I probably can't get .
The next problem is getting vaping items shipped to you since USPS,Fed Ex, UPS and other carriers have banned them from being shipped here in the US. Many of the China shops still ship to the US and hopefully your vape purchase is not confiscated once it gets here.
You might want to check out our DIY section here on the forum on how to make your own juice.
I do not DIY my juice, but I had time to create a huge stock pile of e liquids before the ban hit here.
Thank you so much for replying! I didn't know it was so hard to get stuff in the U.S. There are a couple of vape shops nearby. The selection is just overwhelming. I guess the best thing is to just dive right in live everyone else. I'm just glad I can revert back to elf bars if I need to. I know they're junk, but I do fee quite a bit better already lung-wise.

The biggest thing I remember was being sick for 9 months after I quit smoking. I joked that it must be because all the shellac from the cigarette smoke was coming off the inside of my lungs, and I was catching everything that blew by. I was tired, too, at first, but I was using an insufficient device (a small vape pen) and not enough nic. Once I got a bigger mod and tank, and better juice, I perked up some. Now I'm weaning myself off, 6 years down the road. I've got 1mg juice in all my tanks now except a couple that I have zero nic in, and I'm trying to vape the zero nic mostly, with just a few hits off the 1mg when my ass starts to drag.

I have to say, I feel a lot different now. All my life, I've had coffee running through my veins and a cigarette in my hand, and now that I've been off the smokes for so long, and I'm trying to cut down a bit on the coffee as well, I feel a LOT less jumpy! LOL! I've been a nervous wreck my whole life, but now I'm much calmer and harder to spook. ;) I have no plans to stop vaping. I vape for the flavors (I make my own juice and have for years now), but I sometimes have heart rhythm problems that are worsened by too much nic and caffeine, so I'm trying to reduce those down as far as I can. But I'll still vape! :)
Thank you for saying that. Every detail on what it feels like to stop smoking lists the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal - which I definitely do not have. I just feel nauseous quite a bit - I think I'm getting too much nicotine actually. And I tiiiired. All the time. I remember going cold turkey for five or so days about 15 years ago and I woke up on the 4th day with so much energy. That hasn't happened yet. LOL. My anxiety has gone down quite a bit though too. I can't wait to wean off the nicotine. That's the only gross limitation of those elf bars. I imagine that by the time I'm finished with them, I'll have far fewer nice things to say about them. :)

Disposable vape is prefilled with E-juice. It's hard to say which one is the best as the flavors you love might be not good for others. It's really a personal preference. But a disposable vape from a reputative company would at least guarantee the product quality, and you just need to test the flavor you may prefer.

smoketokes12

Unlisted Vendor
I am a fan of Vape Flavors and i always use ELF Bar Vape. i search many vape shops in Google then after i got one best wholesaler, really they are very professional.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On a side note - I just wish someone in these forums would talk about the side effects of quitting. I am obviously not in nicotine withdrawal, but it's really hard to find vapers who used vape as NRT - and who have a timeline of what to expect.
Smoked about 35 years. Second week of going strictly vape with vape pens, all the tar hacked up out of my lungs. May have actually vomited once. Kept vaping and didn't go back to smoking. ... Time passed, I tried a drag or two off someone else's cigarette here and there. Got bad sinus headaches, felt tightness back in my chest.

Currently I'm dual using. I vape and rub a little snuff. I won't smoke again. It makes me sick. Yes, quitting nicotine is damn hard. Still not done it. Keep being told I ought to.Tried vaping lower nicotine, no go. No, I don't rub snuff and vape together. I do one or the other. Sorry but us Hillbillies & Country Boys just love our Choke-an-spittin'.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't even stand the smell of cigarette smoke anymore. When my husband goes shopping, if he stands around and talks to someone who's smoking, he reeks when he gets home and I can smell it on him the rest of the night. It's awful. I hate to say anything (because I don't want to be one of those militant former smokers), but it's really revolting to me now. I know it's all in my head. I mean, I used to live in a cloud of smoke 24/7, and now I can't stand even a whiff, but I think it's because deep down inside, I knew smoking was bad for me, but I kept lying to myself. Now that I'm free, I never want to go back, and I never will.

I had random dreams about smoking for a few years after I quit, and every time, at the end of the dream, I'd be wondering why the hell I was smoking a cigarette when I had a perfectly good, tasty vape available. It was weird, but smoking is hard to kick. It's so much easier if you have a good vape, though. :)

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
You can look for the vape kits brands that your local vape shop is discontinuing and has marked down in price. Its better to buy vapes online as they offer better discounted rates .

Making your own juice is, as others have said, the most affordable option.

Vape supplies from China that are very inexpensive should be avoided since the quality can be very poor.

Yes the one you dispose of, they are a waste of money and a burden on the environment i h8 pods systems but at least you can refill them plus it encourages youths to vape if you buy a mod for 60 pounds (im from the UK) about 80 US bucks or buy a deposable for 2 pound about 2 n half US dollars what are teenagers going to get ???

Recently, I went to a vape shop and bought a vape call 'Bang box 5000' for a try. It's very common shape on the market, but the price is very good. What suprised me most is the flavor is so good. I did't expect to get a good device like this. Bang box 5000, I think it's really awesome. 4.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How much are the bang boxes?

Here's a link to FOB (Freight On Board - A type of COD (Cash On Delivery) businesses use for shipping, receiver still has to cover incidentals in the shipping) sales. Would guesstimate with retail, markup you might see 'em sell for about $10 - $15 a pop. Don't quote my guesstimation as gospel though.

Roughly figure $4 USD per unit in a 50 unit package (covering your shipping costs as well as cost per unit) deal $200 per 50. Likely you'd want at least triple ROI (Return On Investment). That works out to sell/retailing for about $600 per case of 50. Might be more or less. I'm not a business owner or business paper on the wall holder. Only speculating as a consumer who has worked some retail at times.

For reference here's Vaping dot com's link to similar looking devices. I'm looking at the Candy Air, ID Disposable, Monster Max kits on this site. They're running 'em from $14 to $24 USD.

Sorry, ~$15 to $25 ever day or two to get my fix on nicotine? Yeah, erm, eff that. I'll use a mod I might'a paid $80 USD for, wire I maybe buy for $10 (and can last a year, years, decades until I need and build coils enough to need more wire), $50 for a base juice, eh maybe $20 for a small cache of flavors ... Hm, 'bout $200 one shot gov, an I'm nixed til at least rough two years til needing more juice. Then it's mere cost of that maybe a nibble o' cotton for a fin or saw buck every so oft, I'm 5 by 5 fer a spell mate. Meanwhilst yer joy boy on disposables, bah. Rough about $7,300 per year a habit.

Sorry Uncle Bob for the run on conversational.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I went to a vape shop and bought a vape call 'Bang box 5000' for a try.
Even though I'm not really into disposables, they are great for a small carry around vape and if it gets dropped or lost it's no big deal (my good setups don't leave the house) I really like that this one has charging option (I refuse to try one that doesn't) Also, they seem to have many flavors to choose from. Going to see if any of my local stores have them.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really enjoyed this. I've never bought from Dashvapes, but they present here a deep dive into what a poor value is the disposable, as compared to open systems. This was first posted on YouTube in February of this year:

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I really enjoyed this. I've never bought from Dashvapes, but they present here a deep dive into what a poor value is the disposable, as compared to open systems:

This video is great. :)
It hit all of the key reasons to not waste time with disposables.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love DashVapes (even though I have never ordered from them) I feel they are one of the best companies and got really screwed over (in many ways) They really deserved to be treated better (especially by YT)
Yes... disposables suck.

VU Sponsors