Become a Patron!
Hi i am pretty new to temp control vaping and i have seen that on my mod (iStick TC 100W) the build of parallel 316l ss spaced 0.2 ohm at around 255C is the same as a parrallel 316l ss 0.4 ohm non spaced at 130C.Is this normal or is it a problem with my mod. The results ar on a tcr value of 92. Sry for my bad english not the first language.

Hi i am pretty new to temp control vaping and i have seen that on my mod (iStick TC 100W) the build of parallel 316l ss spaced 0.2 ohm at around 255C is the same as a parrallel 316l ss 0.4 ohm non spaced at 130C.Is this normal or is it a problem with my mod. The results ar on a tcr value of 92. Sry for my bad english not the first language.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you mean the vape feels the same?

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome! while i use SS wire almost exclusively, i tend to run it in power mode, as TC just does not seem to be my preference. With your coils, what is the gauge (size) of wire you are using as wells as diameter, wraps. I have seen some notations that in general, spaced coils work better for consistent TC, but cannot confirm that personally

howdy! and welcome! while i use SS wire almost exclusively, i tend to run it in power mode, as TC just does not seem to be my preference. With your coils, what is the gauge (size) of wire you are using as wells as diameter, wraps. I have seen some notations that in general, spaced coils work better for consistent TC, but cannot confirm that personally
the wire is 26gauge and the iner diameter is 2 mm and the number of wraps is like 8 for the spaced and 13 for the tight coil

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
gotcha - does that mod use a 'ramp up' feature to throw a little more power at it initially?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't use the istick but I would guess it's not as good at TC as the high end dna, Yihi, fsk chips to properly TC a contact coil (and even with the best a contact coil does not TC well).
If you're curious, build a 0.4 spaced SS coil and then compare.

I haven't use the istick but I would guess it's not as good at TC as the high end dna, Yihi, fsk chips to properly TC a contact coil (and even with the best a contact coil does not TC well).
If you're curious, build a 0.4 spaced SS coil and then compare.
maybe you are right ,now after i remove the atomazier and lock and unlock the rezistence,it is bac to normal.So you say that for consinstent temp control spaced is the way to go?

VU Sponsors