Become a Patron!

Temp Control questions...

thedogofdoom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi! So here's my situation. I run the iSub Apex top fill tank, and I love the tank itself, but I want to upgrade my mod (Istick 50w) to the new Ktech platinum w/ temp control.

My questions are as follows.

1. Can I keep running my current tank with a different coil for temp control? If so, what kind of coil should I get?

2. Is the Ktech platinum mod going to work well or even support temp control with the Apex?

Also, any general info for someone who is currently wishing to switch to temperature control would be very welcome!

Thanks!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My questions are as follows.

1. Can I keep running my current tank with a different coil for temp control? If so, what kind of coil should I get?
to run any tank in temp control it would be limited to the support of the mod.
most support ni200 or nickel mode, so if your tank has an option for that coil you can run it on that mod for that coil.

Typical temp control coils can also be Ti or titanium , SS (304,316, and more) Those may or may not be supported by the mod.

some mods have a custom TCR mode where you can set the mode up for the TCR of the wire type.

that stuff takes research

2. Is the Ktech platinum mod going to work well or even support temp control with the Apex?

see above

some people are either for, or against TC or temp limiting. some are for Dna200, others the rx200, or sx class m.
there are more choices out there those just name a few.

VU Sponsors