Become a Patron!

Tesla WYE II 215W TC Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the WYE II 215W TC Kit from Teslacigs. The Tesla WYE II 215W TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-wye-ii-...-gold.html

Introduction

The WYE II 215W Mod like the previous WYE series is super lightweight and after using it i can see this being at least as popular as the previous WYE 200W. Aesthetically it's completely different whilst i couldn't find any difference in it's performance so where the extra 15W come's from no idea as i will leave it for those that can get data to see if even the 200W was the true operating top wattage of the original WYE never mind claiming an extra 15. The battery door as far as i know secures in a unique way which works impressively but a question mark raised about durability. The screen is bright, sharp and bigger than previously used and although the layout is different it's navigated in the same way with the exact same information visible. In this kit the aesthetically pleasing WYE II is matched up with in my opinion an equally nice looking Resin tank which Tesla as shown unrivalled imagination by calling it yes the Resin tank, pure genius!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Tesla WYE II 215W MOD
1 x Tesla Resin Tank 4ml / 2ml TPD Edition
1 x TS-XX Coil (Pre-installed)
1 x TS-120X Coil
1 x Replacement Bubble Glass Tube 6ml
4 x Silicone Rings
1 x USB Cable
2 x User Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The WYE II with Resin tank came in cardboard presentation packaging and once opened i was met by a smaller device than i was expecting from pictures i have seen. While not being as big has expected it is a wide device but has a recessed section front and back in the central region of the mod where the hand gets wrapped around so it's not an ergonomic nightmare, after saying that their are far more ergonomic devices about including the original WYE which is much more comfortable in the hand. Made of ABS and PC it's another super lightweight device but feels very sturdy, these lightweight plastic devices are getting better and better judging from the devices i receive. I received the Blue Gold version which comes with a Blue Resin tank, it's also available in Black, White, Black Red and Blue Purple, all versions come with a Resin tank in a colour that suits the device. The colour of the device refers to the side panels which have a rubberised texture with the main chassis being Black. The Blue Gold one i received has Blue at the top and Gold at the bottom with the 2 colours blending into one another centrally as if they had been spray painted. Both sides have a raised long vertical plaque central with "TESLACIGS" printed on one plaque and "WYE II" printed on the other. The spine as mentioned is recessed in the middle section where we have a grooved effect, the base of the device has etched safety stamps and branding as well as a notch for the removable battery panel. The font of the device has a large fire button on a slight angle at the top and micro USB port at the bottom, the recessed central section is where we have housed the screen and navigational buttons on a rocker. Moving to the top we have a central 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. Whilst not being as ergonomic as the original WYE i do prefer the form visually of the WYE II and the only complaints build wise is if you shake the device you do get rattle from the navigational rocker, but it's fine during normal use.

Resin Tank Specs and Features:

Dimension: 25.5 x 45mm
Material: Resin+Brass
Capacity: 4.0ml (normal glass tube)
6.0ml (bulb glass tube)
Coil: TS-XX Mesh Coil 0.18ohm (60-110W, BEST 70-90W)
TS-120X Mesh Coil: 0.15ohms (70W- 120W)
With TS series mesh coils for super powerful vaping
Plug-n-Pull coil installation
2ml/6.0ml large juice capacity for your selection
Easy top filling system
Adjustable airflow control
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Purple, blue, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Grey

Resin Tank Overview

I do like a resin finish tank but one noticeable difference between this and for example the Freemax or Alpha is the Resin base and top-cap isn't chunky and has a more delicate look (it's a compliment to the aesthetics not that the tank is fragile). The Resin has a top-fill method and rather than the perimeter of the top-cap being threaded it is threaded into place via the air-pipe with silicone seal keeping the tank air-tight. When the top cap is removed a metal plate is revealed with the usual dual kidney shaped fill ports. Moving to the base we have dual cyclops with very visible stopper and unscrewing the base reveals the coil is just press fitted inside the coil chamber and then the base gets screwed back on, the base of the coil head has an o-ring which in theory should prevent e-liquid seeping straight into the base. The Resin tank comes in both 2ml TPD version and 6ml bubble glass version, the spare straight glass is 4ml capacity. The Resin comes with 2 different mesh coils, the pre installed coil is the TS-XX 0.18ohm Mesh coil which is rated between 60w and 110w with a best of 70w to 90w. The other included coil is the TS-120X 0.15ohm Mesh coil which is rated between 70w and 120w, best at 80w to 100w.

WYE II Specs and Features:

Dimension: 56 x 30 x 86mm
Material: ABS + PC
Cell Type: 2x 18650 cell (not included)
Output Wattage: 7-215W (in 0.5W increments)
Output Mode: KA / TC-SS316 / TC-NI200 / TC-TI / TCR mode
Max Output Voltage: 7.5V
Max Output Current: 50A
USB Charging: 5V/1.5A
Taste Mode: Norm/Soft/Hard/User
Memory Mode: M1/M2/M3
Resistance Range: TC mode/0.05-3.0ohm; KA mode/0.1-3.0ohm
Temperature Range: 100-300℃/200-600℉
Made from advanced PC-ABS material
Unique edges angle appearance for portable hand feeling
Smarter chip recognize best wattage
0.96 inch colorful screen and multiple protections
Various modes offer you different vaping experience
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, White, Black Red, Blue Purple, Blue Gold

Fitting The Batteries

The WYE II runs off dual 18650 batteries which are fitted by removing the side panel which has the "WYE II" plaque central. On the base their is a notch to help to remove the panel and once off the battery compartment is very neat and tidy and has installed battery ribbon. The ribbon is needed as the batteries sit deep inside the compartment so their is no room to get your fingers around them for removal. Yet again i can't understand why battery orientation is Black on Black (please White) but other than that nice job. The panel doesn't secure with the use of magnets but instead is pressed down where a number of notches around the surround interlock, it fits in place with a satisfying click. The way the battery door fits is very secure with no movement whatsoever my only worry would be the durability of the tabs that click into place and whether over time it would fit less well but certainly as the device comes i can only say good job only time can judge the durability.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Display

The Display is very bright and sharp with detailed information given. The top of the display we have the battery status shown both as a bar and as a percentage, underneath in large we have the wattage or temperature with unit. Underneath the wattage or temperature to the left of the display we have the resistance then underneath this is the volts which changes to watts when in temp control. To the right we have the memory you are on when "M" is displayed it means you are not using this feature. At the bottom of the display we have the preheat to the left and mode to the right, when KA for Kanthal is displayed it doesn't mean you must be using Kanthal coils it is just the mode for normal wattage.

Navigating The WYE II

If you have used previous Tesla devices the display description will sound very familiar with all the same information displayed in the same way just a different layout of that information to suit the larger screen. Navigating the WYE II again works the same way as previous recent Tesla devices which i'll go through. To turn the device on and off is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button and once on the only combo press function is both navigational buttons pressed together which locks and unlocks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire. Unlike most devices where you go into a menu system to pick from options like mode, settings etc and then once choosing it takes you to another list of options to choose from the WYE II cuts a lot of this out which it's partly able to do by not bothering about features like screen timeout, puff counter, adjusting brightness etc. One feature the WYE II has is smart mode when first attaching an atty, this adjusts the wattage automatically to one that should suit the resistance of your coil but then you can of course adjust it if it's not the wattage you want, this feature is on auto and can't be turned on or off. Navigating the device is easy you just move around the working screen using the navigational buttons and when what you want is highlighted press the fire button to select, first you need to press the fire button 3 times. The first item that is highlighted is the resistance which can be manually altered, other items you can highlight are the preheat, the mode, the memory and the battery status bar. When pressing fire when the preheat is highlighted it allows you to choose between Normal, Soft, Hard or User which allows you to set a custom curve, pressing fire when the mode is highlighted allows you to choose between Kanthal (wattage), SS316, NI200, TI and TCR. Memory is always shown on the screen and when highlighting and pressing fire you can choose between M (which means no memory slot has been selected, this will be shown on the screen at all times unless using a memory slot), M1, M2 or M3, finally pressing fire when the battery status bar is highlighted gives hardware and software information but funny enough it doesn't give battery stats. When in temperature control you get a couple of extra items highlight when moving around the screen, as well as the resistance highlighting the ohms symbol does which then can be selected to lock resistance, finally where we once had the voltage displayed we now have wattage which can be highlighted and wattage set for temp control.

My Experience Using The Kit

The WYE II is impressive and although i can't get data i doubt it's 215W claim but like the WYE 200W it seems powerful doing the wattage's i tried well within it'self. As for temp control as usual i have to point out i don't vape using temp control so really would have no clue how it fares. The device as you would expect fires instantly and i do like the clicky fire button placed on a slight angle, i also like the way my fingers rest inside the recessed area at the front of the device but having small hands i didn't find it's width made it the most ergonomic of devices. The way this device is navigated makes it very user friendly and quick to alter anything, the curves feature also worked well and the preheats definitely work fine. The device alters in 0.5w increments which is another pro in my opinion as is the fact battery status is also shown as a percentage but would much rather both batteries were shown separately. The device will accommodate up to a 26mm atty without overhang, it also supports 1.5A charging but as ever i would only charge the batteries in the device if it's your only option. I used the WYE II mainly with the Falcon although the picture is of me using it with the supplied Resin tank after a mop down, it leaks straight through the air slots. There is quite a bit of cotton in the coils so they take a while to break in but before it was properly broke in allowing me to judge flavour i was already getting escaping liquid. I swapped for the other coil and left the tank standing on my desk for 30 mins and e-liquid was on the desk and quite a bit of it, the other thing i noticed before giving up with the tank was how loud it is. The efficiency of the device seemed good as battery life seemed better than expected, the WYE II is also fully firmware upgradeable.

Final Thoughts

The Resin tank is fine looking with a really good capacity (standard version) but Tesla need to look at the o-ring seal on the bottom of the coil heads or if it's not that whatever is causing the leaking. The WYE II despite finding it not as ergonomic as the WYE 200w i actually prefer it, in my opinion it's superior aesthetically, i prefer the bigger screen and the way the battery panel secures i like a lot just hope it works just as well 6 months down the road.

Well made
Aesthetically pleasing
Good choice of colours
Very lightweight
High powered
User friendly navigation
Adjusts in 0.5w increments
Performed well
Everything i tested including preheats and curve worked well
TC (not tested)
Smart mode
Battery status shown as percentage as well as a bar
Very secure battery panel (hope it stands up over time)
Display is bright, sharp and well laid out.
Nice clicky fire button positioned well
Up to 26mm tanks without overhang (covers the majority of tanks)
Good battery life
1.5A charging
Firmware upgradeable
Resin tank looks very nice
Large capacity (standard edition)

Cons

I personally didn't find it the most ergonomic of devices
Black on Black marked orientation
No puff counter or other features like screen timeout (will be a con for some others won't care)
Smart mode can't be turned off (doesn't bother me but might some people)
Overall battery status shown not each battery separately
Resin tank leaks through air slots (hopefully a better o-ring on coil heads will solve problem and will get addressed)
Resin tank very loud

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the Tesla WYE II 215W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-wye-ii-...-gold.html

VU Sponsors