Become a Patron!

Text highlighing in editor is invisible

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you are creating or editing a post, you cannot highlight text in the editor. Well you can, but the problem is that the highlighting is white. So since the background is also white, you can't see what text you are highlighting. This make cut/copy/paste kinda hard to do among other things.

This should be a CSS modification where you change the color of highlighted text in the editor from [HASH=851]#FFF[/HASH] (or [HASH=853]#FEFEFE[/HASH]) to some other color.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With my own dark theme that I made for Dark Reader, this issue doesn't occur.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks but I can't use dark themes on sites where text is the main content. It bothers my eyes. Makes them start watering after a couple minutes of reading white text on black background. I only use dark themes on Youtube where I rarely read, just watch vids.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Avoid the dark side I have been told....

and yes the dark stuff does not agree with my eyes and or limited brainz.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks but I can't use dark themes on sites where text is the main content. It bothers my eyes. Makes them start watering after a couple minutes of reading white text on black background. I only use dark themes on Youtube where I rarely read, just watch vids.
I have this same exact problem. It is why I created my theme... it's a dark theme, but one that does not use white text on black background.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It is a conspiracy to push us to use dark theme!!!

Satanic I tell ya!!!

You didn't get the PM?
You're not supposed to be telling people about the evil plan! remember?:rolleyes:

The Dark Mode is good people.
Follow the Dark Mode:devil:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When you are creating or editing a post, you cannot highlight text in the editor. Well you can, but the problem is that the highlighting is white. So since the background is also white, you can't see what text you are highlighting. This make cut/copy/paste kinda hard to do among other things.

This should be a CSS modification where you change the color of highlighted text in the editor from [HASH=851]#FFF[/HASH] (or [HASH=853]#FEFEFE[/HASH]) to some other color.

I'm going to screen shot your post and put in this thread:
Our forum's webmaster checks this thread frequently for issues.

VU Sponsors